Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they have Angry Orchard hard cider or champagne by any chance? We got a bit spoiled last month at AKL cl. We changed our dates and arrive on DD actual 22nd birthday.

They didn't have the angry orchard but they did have champagne! They also had Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot noir and another red that I can't remember the name. They had an IPA and Hefe on draft. There were 4 bottle beers, red hook - black hook, dead guy rogue, session lager and hefe.

Our room move went smoothly, and we are in a room just past the elevator...We have a view of construction, but also of the monorail, canal with boats, CR, the castle, and the Main Street train station, and at night we will be able to see fireworks :)

My mom is much happier with the open balcony and we are just a little ways from the elevator. She was a little worried about construction noise, but she napped right through it this afternoon...As did I ;)

We are booked for a standard in early May. Typically how far will we be from the main lobby are? We have never stayed here and are really looking forward to it. Wondering what I should request for a closer lobby room with maybe a decent view. Thanks!

They didn't have the angry orchard but they did have champagne! They also had Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot noir and another red that I can't remember the name. They had an IPA and Hefe on draft. There were 4 bottle beers, red hook - black hook, dead guy rogue, session lager and hefe.
Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. Champagne will be great for our mom n me trip, last semester of college and her birthday.

Our room move went smoothly, and we are in a room just past the elevator...We have a view of construction, but also of the monorail, canal with boats, CR, the castle, and the Main Street train station, and at night we will be able to see fireworks :)

My mom is much happier with the open balcony and we are just a little ways from the elevator. She was a little worried about construction noise, but she napped right through it this afternoon...As did I ;)
Enjoy the rest of the trip with your mom. Glad it worked out.

We are booked for a standard in early May. Typically how far will we be from the main lobby are? We have never stayed here and are really looking forward to it. Wondering what I should request for a closer lobby room with maybe a decent view. Thanks!
The standard view rooms include the rooms that overlook the lobby, the rooms that are down near the boat dock, and the rooms in between. All of the rooms that face toward the Contemporary and Magic Kingdom right now are standard view rooms during the construction period. The WL is a compact resort, so even the rooms that are furthest from the lobby aren't very far away. :)

The standard view rooms include the rooms that overlook the lobby, the rooms that are down near the boat dock, and the rooms in between. All of the rooms that face toward the Contemporary and Magic Kingdom right now are standard view rooms during the construction period. The WL is a compact resort, so even the rooms that are furthest from the lobby aren't very far away. :)

Thanks!!

Also wanted to mention that they do special NYE fireworks for the Magic Kingdom four times between 12/30-12/31. We saw them three times! There was a 7:30 fireworks show and an 11:50 fireworks show both nights. Since the WL has dedicated transport (boat) to the Contemporary Resort, it makes dining at one of the Contemporary restaurants and then getting back to the WL a breeze. I believe you can watch the fireworks from the pedestrian walkway bridge thingy connecting Bay Lake Tower to the main Comtemporary A-frame in case you are not interested in the California Grill (which remains my favorite place to watch fireworks). But I will cross my fingers for you that the WL works out and you can get a crazy awesome fireworks view!!
I'm really excited now for WL especially after seeing those room views in standard. However they will probably get recategorized. Is there a place on the ground like by that building where we can see the fireworks?
What area is that building in for requests

I'm really excited now for WL especially after seeing those room views in standard. However they will probably get recategorized. Is there a place on the ground like by that building where we can see the fireworks?

You won't be able to see the fireworks very well from the ground. There are too many trees in the way. But once the beach is open you can get a partial view of the fireworks from there.

There are some hall windows in the lodge that look out towards the fireworks. If you take the elevator to the 5th or 6th floors and head to the left, you will see some wooden shutters in front of the hall windows. If you open them up you will be able to see the fireworks from there. :)

What area is that building in for requests
The beautiful fireworks view was from room 5030 in the north wing of the main Wilderness Lodge building.

With the ongoing construction closing the South Wing and confusion over which rooms are available with only the two current bookable view categories at WL, I went ahead and created a temporary modified room location map showing how bookable views have been assigned during the construction project, and which rooms are closed. I should have done this earlier, and it will likely change in the future, but this is the current situation as we understand it.

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE Dead Guy Rogue. So jealous of the AKL offerings.

Any updates on beer selection for Club Level at Wilderness?

Hey everyone...we have a reservation for WL at the end of June and am really looking forward to it. Having stayed at nearly all of the deluxes and moderates, when the family voted for where to stay next (and potentially last for a bit since the oldest is off to college in the fall), we voted for Wilderness Lodge...so we're pumped.

However, I was just at the Grand Floridian for a conference and took the boat over to WL to see what the construction looked like. I'm not saying its a big problem, but it was definitely impacting the overall vibe and aesthetics of the place (in my opinion).

Anyone know when the main lobby and outdoor construction (near the main pool) will be complete? I am not as concerned about the construction in the wing being converted to DVC, by the villas or near the water line. But having half of the lobby boarded up and green construction barriers near the main pool was a bit worrying.

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE Dead Guy Rogue. So jealous of the AKL offerings.

Any updates on beer selection for Club Level at Wilderness?

Ooops.....just re-reading the thread and now see that Wilderness Lodge Club Level has Dead Guy Rogue!! So excited :) :) :)

With the ongoing construction closing the South Wing and confusion over which rooms are available with only the two current bookable view categories at WL, I went ahead and created a temporary modified room location map showing how bookable views have been assigned during the construction project, and which rooms are closed. I should have done this earlier, and it will likely change in the future, but this is the current situation as we understand it.

Thank you so much for creating this!! :thumbsup2 It's great to actually visualize it.

Carla

Hi all I we just booked at Court Yard/Bunk Bed room for May. I have never been to WL. Any room suggestions? We'd like to be close to the boat. Thank you!

From what I can gather there used to be a kids club at WL? I just was wondering if anyone knew of this was going to reopen after construction. DS is finally old enough to go to them and we would love to have a nice meal at Artist Point if the kids could be entertained there for a little while.

Thank you so much for creating this!! :thumbsup2 It's great to actually visualize it.

Carla
No problem. The original map is on one of the first pages of this thread, along with a lot of useful info.
It will be interesting to see what the room configuration is in the South wing once it is all done.

Hi all I we just booked at Court Yard/Bunk Bed room for May. I have never been to WL. Any room suggestions? We'd like to be close to the boat. Thank you!
You really can't go wrong. The only set of elevators is in the middle of the wing, and they let you out by Roaring Fork on the first floor. There is a staircase that you can access at the end of the wing to go down to the first floor and then the boat dock is just East of the end of the wing. You could request near boat dock, but then you are further from the buses. I'd probably go with near the elevators to balance the walk, but it isn't much different. Also be aware that the top floor has enclosed balconies, so for the East portion of the wing that is the 6th floor, so you can't see out while seated. Many people prefer the open balconies because of this.

From what I can gather there used to be a kids club at WL? I just was wondering if anyone knew of this was going to reopen after construction. DS is finally old enough to go to them and we would love to have a nice meal at Artist Point if the kids could be entertained there for a little while.
There was a kids club in the South wing on the second floor, but it closed with the construction. We don't know when it will reopen.

Will this still be applicable in May? The South wing being closed? We are booked for courtyard view and am wondering what should be my room request if we want a high floor but with a full balcony and view of the big pool???

Will this still be applicable in May? The South wing being closed? We are booked for courtyard view and am wondering what should be my room request if we want a high floor but with a full balcony and view of the big pool???
The south wing isn't expected to be finished until later in the year or maybe even in 2018. The wing will be DVC units rather than regular resort rooms.

All of the rooms have a full balcony, except maybe the rooms at the end of the wing. I would just request a high floor and good view. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter