Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the token email about the construction at the Wilderness Lodge, found it odd that it had our reservation at the Villas, but we're staying at the regular Wilderness Lodge itself;

August 2016

Dear,

We are excited you have chosen The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge as your vacation destination and look forward to sharing the magic of the Pacific Northwest with you.

In preparation of your arrival, we want to inform you of refurbishment work that will be in progress during your stay. To ensure you are best able to plan your visit, please be aware of the following impacts:

7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
While we work to enhance our Resort, you will notice construction work in various areas. Noise may be heard throughout the Resort while this work is being completed, but rest assured, construction will not begin until after 9:00am daily. Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable, and views of the surrounding wilderness may be altered. The new balance® RUNNING TRAIL will remain open for your enjoyment.

7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at The Villas at Disney's WildernessLodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, our recently-renovated Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open for your use and boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting.

While the Resort is under refurbishment, please know that we are making every effort to ensure your visit is comfortable and enjoyable by offering alternative opportunities to you. This includes recreation activities at Disney's Fort WildernessResort & Campground and Disney's Contemporary Resort.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked your stay throughWalt Disney World® Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-1810 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

Thank you for being our Guest. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,
f8vNmdmSAm_1EkN3vmHsh_5WsjCa71RAeLgT6ZN_XVkHXDns8M8BSAQwJJDbJRJ-9GeOjKNicJ-fWMJemj8c_WAUwcn6I6ke0fBPg-S0b62t3Rcyi5I=s0-d-e1-ft

Thea Sargent
General Manager of Disney's Wilderness Lodge

I made this as a separate post related to the current 7th floor WL club lounge:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/wl-anyone-prefer-the-current-temporary-7th-flr-club-lounge.3536108/

If someone has stayed at both lounge locations, you can post your thoughts to @Seabean's thread to give it a bumpity-bump.

What is the best location for viewing EWP these days with the beach closed? Are the locations listed in Post #17 current? I notice the beach is listed there....

Never mind, did some digging and looks like the boat dock is the favored spot these days.

Yes, the boat dock for now is the best location since the beach is closed. You can also see some of it from some upper WL CYV rooms, but dock is best.

Hey everyone, need some advice... We are taking our 1 year old in Dec. along with my parents. I have a 2 bd booked for 5 days at VWL. I am wondering about the construction in Dec. We stayed at WL a few years back at Christmas and loved it, but am considering switching to 2 separate standard views at BC. It would be cheaper with no construction, but would also have less Christmas atmosphere and space. Plus being near MK with the little one seems beneficial. Any thoughts?

Welcome, @disney_buckeye!

A DVC villa and a standard room are quite different. Would you need a kitchen? If not, and you want to avoid any construction and still be in the MK Area your options for a less expensive standard room would be the Garden Wing at CR, a standard room at Poly or perhaps a FW Cabin if you'd like the kitchen and separate bedroom.

There will still be ongoing construction at WL/VWL through 2017, but we can't predict exactly what will be going on in December. I assume the amenities that are closed now will still be closed in December and cabin construction will have begun.

The advantage to an Epcot Area resort is that you can walk to two parks. But, if you plan on going most often to MK, then sticking with a MK resort makes sense. From the CR GW, you can walk to MK, which with a stroller might be extra convenient for you. You can also take the stroller on the boat from WL to MK. If you're at Poly, you can walk right over to the TTC to Epcot.

All the resorts are beautifully decorated for Christmas, but the WL lobby is especially charming. But, I don't think you'll necessarily feel less in the spirit at another Disney resort, plus you wouldn't be surrounded by construction or have as many closed amenities. But, keep in mind that WL will be a lot less crowded;)

Hey All!

I intend to book the WL (late Oct/Nov 2017) on bounce back while staying @ BC/Poly this December. Is the thought that the club level lounge & floor refurbishment will be complete, along with the majority of the more intense construction by then?

My apologies if this was addressed!

The update we had from a guest who asked an OFC CM, Mike, last month is that they still hope to have the new lounge open by Christmastime, however, he predicted it may not open until early 2017.

That Wizard is really not accurate in general.

WL to HS - 17-18 minutes (with a stop at CR)
HS to WL - 12-13 minutes (direct to WL, stops at CR after WL)

I'm laughing here thinking of the Seinfeld episode with the WILLARD knock-off tip calculator that doesn't quite work either:rotfl:

I cannot wait for our impromptu September trip.

Went on a strict diet to hopefully fit in to a group of Disney themed shirts I bought off of redbubble.

I will say the weather here in NJ is a good test for what I'm expecting down in Orlando. Today the real feel is 108 degrees with humidity nears 60%.

My GF never really been to Disney outside of one afternoon trip to the Studios years ago, so I hope she ends up falling in love with everything as much as I have.

I'm sure she will love WDW and hopefully it'll be cooler by then. At least I hope so since I'm going in September, too.

Just got the token email about the construction at the Wilderness Lodge, found it odd that it had our reservation at the Villas, but we're staying at the regular Wilderness Lodge itself;

That is strange that they got your reservation wrong.

A little OT here and not trying to pick on her, but am I the only one who thinks the GM's disproportionately large signature looks like a 2nd grader's?:rolleyes1

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 7.26.25 AM.png

Last edited:
That is strange that they got your reservation wrong.

A little OT here and not trying to pick on her, but am I the only one who thinks the GM's disproportionately large signature looks like a 2nd grader's?:rolleyes1

View attachment 188196

I don't know if it's because I booked a room that may overlook the Villas so they send me that info. I find it a bit more alarming that they wouldn't send me an email with the stuff going on at the Lodge, especially with half the resort being closed, and an entire bank of elevators being taken offline.

I don't know if it's because I booked a room that may overlook the Villas so they send me that info. I find it a bit more alarming that they wouldn't send me an email with the stuff going on at the Lodge, especially with half the resort being closed, and an entire bank of elevators being taken offline.

We just rebooked Feb 4-10 standard view and just like that, CV rooms are gone even at RR for Feb 2- 5 check in dates (we were debating upgrading )...

Anyone have pics of the "new" standard views since the woods view is gone ? I hear you can see fireworks?

We booked standard and were told we were upgraded to woods view. We had an excellent view of the castle and fireworks. Down below was dirtwork but if you looked out straight from fifth floor it looked like this
View attachment 188290

Great, thank you! I was starting to freak out a little but that's a great view! We booked SV for $ reasons anyway but I was kind of sad not having the option for CV...

Keep the pics coming everyone :)

We just rebooked Feb 4-10 standard view and just like that, CV rooms are gone even at RR for Feb 2- 5 check in dates (we were debating upgrading )...

Anyone have pics of the "new" standard views since the woods view is gone ? I hear you can see fireworks?
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Great, thank you! I was starting to freak out a little but that's a great view! We booked SV for $ reasons anyway but I was kind of sad not having the option for CV...

Keep the pics coming everyone :)
Here are our pictures from July. We had a standard view (room 5012). We could see the fireworks at night. It was awesome!
IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2324.JPG IMG_2326.JPG

Still on the countdown to 8/24...
Just saw a Disboards ad for the Sandsculpture show at the " Swalphin". Will be adding that to our lists of " Firsts" during our upcoming 8 day vacay.
Getting excited for stay #3 at WL CL!!!!

I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log.

We booked standard and were told we were upgraded to woods view. We had an excellent view of the castle and fireworks. Down below was dirtwork but if you looked out straight from fifth floor it looked like this
View attachment 188290

Reminds me of the CR Tower TPV where if you look down you see the parking lot, but out and up is a lot more magical.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Here are our pictures from July. We had a standard view (room 5012). We could see the fireworks at night. It was awesome!
View attachment 188303 View attachment 188304 View attachment 188305

Wonderful! Those views will certainly be re-classified as TPV.

I just can't wait to be back at the Lodge so I can take photos like this again.

It's a very photogenic resort.

Still on the countdown to 8/24...
Just saw a Disboards ad for the Sandsculpture show at the " Swalphin". Will be adding that to our lists of " Firsts" during our upcoming 8 day vacay.
Getting excited for stay #3 at WL CL!!!!

It won't be long now! I still have 18 days, but I haven't really been paying much attention since I'm unfortunately also counting down the days until DD leaves for college this weekend, so many mixed emotions:sad::). Hope you'll file some LIVE reports with us!

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 8.41.31 AM.png

I thought this sounded like fun and I'll actually be staying at the BC that day so I can walk right over. I didn't RSVP since I'm not registered on FB, but I do plan on attending. Anyone else who might attend?​

Since woods view is no longer an option, which view would you add to your online check in requests, Courtyard, Garden, or Pool? Which is more likely to be the old woods view? I understand that online requests are simply requests and won't necessarily come through. It would be great to get a view towards MK. I do know that I will request an upper floor. Any suggestions on which floor?

Since woods view is no longer an option, which view would you add to your online check in requests, Courtyard, Garden, or Pool? Which is more likely to be the old woods view? I understand that online requests are simply requests and won't necessarily come through. It would be great to get a view towards MK. I do know that I will request an upper floor. Any suggestions on which floor?
Welcome to the thread!

WL doesn't have a garden view, and a pool view is a Courtyard View booking. The old Woods View would be a Standard View - this is all very confusing, isn't it?

If you would like to face toward the MK and have the possibility of seeing Wishes, then have "high floor facing MK" (north), added to your reservation. Make sure any OCI requests don't conflict with this. Don't choose a pool view or CYV if you want to face toward the MK. The highest non-CL floor is the 6th, however, the 5th floor is the highest floor without any solid balcony railings.

Welcome to the thread!

WL doesn't have a garden view, and a pool view is a Courtyard View booking. The old Woods View would be a Standard View - this is all very confusing, isn't it?

If you would like to face toward the MK and have the possibility of seeing Wishes, then have "high floor facing MK" (north), added to your reservation. Make sure any OCI requests don't conflict with this. Don't choose a pool view or CYV if you want to face toward the MK. The highest non-CL floor is the 6th, however, the 5th floor is the highest floor without any solid balcony railings.

Thank you!!! There was another thread about the new online check in changes and that person listed the views for WL as courtyard, garden, and pool. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't reached my 60 days yet but am doing the research so when the time comes I know what I want to request. Our trip is Jan 22-28 and this is our first time staying at WL. We understand there is construction but we aren't going to let that keep us from enjoying our stay.

Thank you!!! There was another thread about the new online check in changes and that person listed the views for WL as courtyard, garden, and pool. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't reached my 60 days yet but am doing the research so when the time comes I know what I want to request. Our trip is Jan 22-28 and this is our first time staying at WL. We understand there is construction but we aren't going to let that keep us from enjoying our stay.
Since you are staying in January then I think it is safe to say that the current construction situation most likely will still exist in January, if that makes sense. ;)

If you want a view of the fireworks from MK and the only two choices for booking a room are standard and courtyard, then you would want a standard view. When you get to online check in and you have the options of courtyard, garden and pool then I guess it would have to be garden if you want to see fireworks. The other two, courtyard and pool would not have a fireworks view right now. Once the south wing is finished then the categories might change, since some of the higher floors of the south wing that are located closest to Bay Lake would have a partial fireworks view.

I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log.

Reminds me of the CR Tower TPV where if you look down you see the parking lot, but out and up is a lot more magical.

Wonderful! Those views will certainly be re-classified as TPV.

It's a very photogenic resort.

It won't be long now! I still have 18 days, but I haven't really been paying much attention since I'm unfortunately also counting down the days until DD leaves for college this weekend, so many mixed emotions:sad::). Hope you'll file some LIVE reports with us!

Thank you! We can't wait.

Anyone have the current room service menu or can anyone take a pic? We ended up w extra meals last time and did room service for dinner. They have the best chicken penne pasta but last I saw on allears it's off the menu. Does anyone know?

Magic Bands showed up today for our Wilderness Lodge stay. They took quite a trip for some reason. Final destination was in Central NJ, despite that it went from Pennsy to NJ to Pennsy and then finally back to Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter