• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Our solution for the buses is we are going to take Uber if it becomes a big issue .. I understand you can only take Uber to the transportation and TicketCenter ...which is fine. .

I'm not sure what you mean about taking Uber. You can take Uber to and from anywhere in Disneyworld. It was much easier than a taxi ~especially since I kept forgetting to bring money/credit card because we had our magic bands for everything else we needed to pay for!

I'm not sure what you mean about taking Uber. You can take Uber to and from anywhere in Disneyworld. It was much easier than a taxi ~especially since I kept forgetting to bring money/credit card because we had our magic bands for everything else we needed to pay for!

She stated in a later post (#5484) that she had only gone to MK on her last trip and hasn't been to any of the other parks since she was a kid. In terms of MK, Uber can only pick up and drop off at the TTC (or the Contemporary). At least, that's what I assume she's referring to.

She stated in a later post (#5484) that she had only gone to MK on her last trip and hasn't been to any of the other parks since she was a kid. In terms of MK, Uber can only pick up and drop off at the TTC (or the Contemporary). At least, that's what I assume she's referring to.

Yes, Uber can't go all the way into mk, right ?

Yes, we only went to mk in 2013... last trip was 1997 (w parents) when we went to every park. I stayed at GF, Poly, and all star music as a kid and WL as an adult - that's my experience w Disney.

My husband and I just booked a short surprise trip for our 9 year old son Mar. 4-7. He'll be flying for the first time and we're going to try and keep it secret as long as possible. I stayed at POR waaaay back when it was Dixie Landings on my Sr. high school trip back in the olden early years of the '90's but haven't been back since. Very excited to be making the trip and to see what the resort is like now, lots of reading up to do!

That's good... I see a lot more options esp the carving station.

I looked at Boatwrights quickly and saw a lot of shellfish ... and steak which I can eat ...

We never ate at WcC

Tons of options! In my every day life, I'm not that restricted, but when I'm there to run I have kind of weird eating habits, and I do just fine.

In case folks haven't read my news piece, from tomorrow there will be a $5 per item handing fee for receiving any mail and courier deliveries at Port Orleans (and all WDW resorts). This expands from the trial they ran at the values a month or two back. Garden Grocer, Owner's Locker, florist, and basically anyone who drops stuff off in person at Bell Services (including travel agent gifts) are exempt.

http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=100217

Andre

In case folks haven't read my news piece, from tomorrow there will be a $5 per item handing fee for receiving any mail and courier deliveries at Port Orleans (and all WDW resorts). This expands from the trial they ran at the values a month or two back. Garden Grocer, Owner's Locker, florist, and basically anyone who drops stuff off in person at Bell Services (including travel agent gifts) are exempt.

Andre

Interesting. I wonder if the amount of items have just become too burdensome so the resorts have to increase staff or is this just another money-maker? With many airlines charging fees for checked bags (its been going on for a while), I'm sure that has increased usage.

A while back, I had golf bag and clubs shipped for $15 which was not only cheaper than the airline fee but also very convenient. I also like to have flowers delivered but the company I normally purchase from uses FedEx so I'll probably get hit with $5 for this; still less expensive than WDW florist.

Interesting. I wonder if the amount of items have just become too burdensome so the resorts have to increase staff or is this just another money-maker? With many airlines charging fees for checked bags (its been going on for a while), I'm sure that has increased usage.

A while back, I had golf bag and clubs shipped for $15 which was not only cheaper than the airline fee but also very convenient. I also like to have flowers delivered but the company I normally purchase from uses FedEx so I'll probably get hit with $5 for this; still less expensive than WDW florist.
It's all about the money.

Interesting. I wonder if the amount of items have just become too burdensome so the resorts have to increase staff or is this just another money-maker?

Well yes it's about the money (this is Disney after all) but I think the biggest reason for the charge is the massive increase in the quantity of product that people are having shipping to them, which is I suspect due in large part to the prevalence of information, tips and suggestions passed round on the internet (including sites like this one of course). And with airlines charging more for bringing stuff along as baggage, and Disney charging ever more for something as simple as a bottle of water, it will probably only get worse.

Ten years ago there would be a few guest items a day delivered to the resort, and this would be handled by front desk staff as needed. Now though, there is a constant flow of delivery people with boxes stacked to the ceiling throughout the day. POR has had to allocate a complete extra room (which used to be office space) solely for package storage, and there is now a dedicated staff member to handle everything.

Andre

Well yes it's about the money (this is Disney after all) but I think the biggest reason for the charge is the massive increase in the quantity of product that people are having shipping to them, which is I suspect due in large part to the prevalence of information, tips and suggestions passed round on the internet (including sites like this one of course). And with airlines charging more for bringing stuff along as baggage, and Disney charging ever more for something as simple as a bottle of water, it will probably only get worse.

Ten years ago there would be a few guest items a day delivered to the resort, and this would be handled by front desk staff as needed. Now though, there is a constant flow of delivery people with boxes stacked to the ceiling throughout the day. POR has had to allocate a complete extra room (which used to be office space) solely for package storage, and there is now a dedicated staff member to handle everything.

Andre
They get a LOT of packages coming into the resort, so I can totally understand this fee. I usually cannot say that about WDW:)

Andre

Does that include Disney floral?

Thank-you Andre for the wonderful information on this site! We took your advice this past November and faxed a room request and asked for a Standard room close to the food court and we were put in building 16! Everything was so close and we just loved our location! It was so easy for the little ones to walk over and get something to eat without having to bring the stroller. We have previously stayed at CBR and I don't think we can stay anywhere but POR now, we just loved the resort! We were also surprised by how big Fulton's General store was! The kids were able to buy a lot of souvenirs at Fulton's and it was easy to use up snack credits. We have booked a trip for the 5 of us to go back again this November 9-17 and can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter