Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Couple questions. I'm going back and forth between staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Port Orleans. PO is $300 more but I've always stayed in the Disney bubble when I go.

1. Is early check in a thing? We don't live that far away so it's possible for us to get there in the morning
2. How are the buses? Are they reliable? When I stayed at All Star Movies, they were very hit or miss
3. How important is the view at moderates? There are no balconies or patios from what it looks like.
Early check in is a thing if the resort isn't that full. Also if it isn't ready you can just leave your belongings with bell services, and then wait for the text. Im sure the bus service is subjective, like every other resort, but I'm sure it would be a lot easier being that it's a smaller resort.
View depends on how long you'll be staying in your room, IMHO :confused3 .Especially at a moderate where you don't have a designated balcony... I guess it would be a lil nicer to face the pool area and/or the canal.
Although we've never stayed here, Visited a bunch, it actually has grown on us TBH. It's so quaint, quiet and walkable...Only downside for me is the pool area, with the slide.... OK if you have lil ones, but kinda seems kiddish, as opposed to other resorts.. Either way have a great trip....

I just want to take a minute to say a big Thank You to everyone in this group for answering questions. KINDLY answering questions.
I joined a Port Orleans group on facebook and asked the same question I asked here (about the wardrobe and differences in bathrooms - turns out it is handicap accessible vs not). Everyone but one person was super nice. The one person was rude. Since my question was answered, I turned off commenting. No reason to keep it going. She sent me a message on facebook messenger! It was vulgar, comments on me, my kids, my husband. I just blocked her, but good grief! Disney is supposed to be a happy thing!

I just want to take a minute to say a big Thank You to everyone in this group for answering questions. KINDLY answering questions.
I joined a Port Orleans group on facebook and asked the same question I asked here (about the wardrobe and differences in bathrooms - turns out it is handicap accessible vs not). Everyone but one person was super nice. The one person was rude. Since my question was answered, I turned off commenting. No reason to keep it going. She sent me a message on facebook messenger! It was vulgar, comments on me, my kids, my husband. I just blocked her, but good grief! Disney is supposed to be a happy thing!
I’m so sorry you experienced that. The good news is that most people are good & really like to help other people.

I’m so sorry you experienced that. The good news is that most people are good & really like to help other people.
I was completely shocked at the message sent. Even though I felt she was rude in her response to my post, it was nowhere near what the message was.

Everyone here and everyone else in that group have been very good about nice responses and have been very helpful!

This will only be our second time on property (first was AOA in 2014) and our first time at POFQ. So much has changed since we went last. I am full of questions lol. I read and read, but sometimes it gets super overwhelming!

Couple questions. I'm going back and forth between staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Port Orleans. PO is $300 more but I've always stayed in the Disney bubble when I go.

1. Is early check in a thing? We don't live that far away so it's possible for us to get there in the morning
2. How are the buses? Are they reliable? When I stayed at All Star Movies, they were very hit or miss
3. How important is the view at moderates? There are no balconies or patios from what it looks like.
Regarding early check in not impossible but not likely. Checking your bags at Bell Services is easy. We were there mid- June, DH & I and DD’s family. The bus service was pretty good. In the morning usually POFQ had its own bus straight to parks. We always took mid day breaks - POFQ is always first drop off. Returning we usually picked up POR guests on the way to the parks. DH & I never “closed” a park so can’t comment on that. The rooms open to outside - view wouldn’t matter IMO. I was really impressed with all the activities they had at the pool for kids. Some days prying DGS8 out of the pool area to return to the parks wasn’t easy.

I recently switched from 2 rooms at Pop to FQ through Costco. The only problem is that Costco only offered King rooms. The rooms will fit my group but we are traveling with another family that booked through Disney with 2 queen beds. How can I get all 3 reservations linked so that the room with queen beds is atleast close to one of the King bed rooms. (they are friends - I am just the "Disney obessed planner" going) All I need for is my king room to be in the same building as the other two rooms - don't care if I am close or not which probably won't happen since there aren't too many king rooms if any that are side by side.

Do I link the queen and the reservation of the one king room that I want near each other and just ask at the front desk if there is a king room in the same building available when I check in. I thought there might be a way if we do the early check-in but I don't see it.

How would you go about getting at atleast 2 of the rooms close? The queen room is a standard view if that matters.

I recently switched from 2 rooms at Pop to FQ through Costco. The only problem is that Costco only offered King rooms. The rooms will fit my group but we are traveling with another family that booked through Disney with 2 queen beds. How can I get all 3 reservations linked so that the room with queen beds is atleast close to one of the King bed rooms. (they are friends - I am just the "Disney obessed planner" going) All I need for is my king room to be in the same building as the other two rooms - don't care if I am close or not which probably won't happen since there aren't too many king rooms if any that are side by side.

Do I link the queen and the reservation of the one king room that I want near each other and just ask at the front desk if there is a king room in the same building available when I check in. I thought there might be a way if we do the early check-in but I don't see it.

How would you go about getting at atleast 2 of the rooms close? The queen room is a standard view if that matters.
Check out the room categories here if you haven’t already….

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-port-orleans-resort-french-quarter

I would decide which building you like, but make sure you choose a building that has standard rooms. Buildings 1, 3, 4, and 7 fit the bill. I would call Disney to see if you can link the reservations, but I don’t know if you can since you booked through Costco? Anyways, if you can’t, I would just request a specific building ahead of time and have your friends separately request the same building.

If you end up at opposite sides of the resort when you check in, I’d try to move closer then. Maybe let them know you’re willing to forgo your King rooms for standard rooms at that point if it helps.

I've stayed at POFQ multiple times:

1. No idea on early check in.
2. Small resort with very dependable bus occupancy. I don't think I've ever had to wait for another bus due to the first being full. I'm sure it happens, but seems rare. Occasionally the bus is shared with PORS, but picks up at French Quarter first.
3. View is overrated at POFQ. I would go with a standard room.

I can answer about early check in. We arrived at 10:00 in the morning for our one night stay in December. I went to the front desk to pay my parking charge and the woman at the front desk said "oh since you did online check in your room is already all set if you want to go put your things there."

For early check in it all depends on occupancy. If the (or any) hotel is not full the night prior and all or most rooms were cleaned, if you arrive early you may be able to get a room that was not occupied the night prior. If all rooms were occupied, then the likelihood of getting a room early in the morning is not good. It will all depend on what time the housekeeping staff arrives to start cleaning rooms and what rooms have checked out prior to check out time (that is why Disney housekeeping can be aggressive about seeing if you have left your room on departure day). Plus, one of the rooms that have left early have to be the type of room you reserved. Lots of other variables can come up, too. Most hotels want to get you in a room ASAP so you don't have to return to the FD, so they will do what they can to get you in early. The less specific you are about your room type of view, the easier it is.

We just got back yesterday after spending four nights at POFQ, Sunday to Thursday. We mostly really enjoyed it.

We had connecting Garden view rooms on the first floor of Building 4. The doors opened directly to the outside. We had a direct view of the outdoor movies on the green, which was very convenient for the kids. We were close to the food court, lobby, pool, playground and busses. The walk to the boat to Disney Springs and Riverside was slightly further but not a burden.

The food, aside from the beignets, is not great and was disorganized. The housekeeping only came once and wasn’t particularly thorough. And our kids complained that the POFQ bus stop at Magic Kingdom was the furthest one away.

But overall, a really nice stay, I liked our room situation better than our prior stays at Poly and Beach Club.

Reactions: DLo
We just got back yesterday after spending four nights at POFQ, Sunday to Thursday. We mostly really enjoyed it.

We had connecting Garden view rooms on the first floor of Building 4. The doors opened directly to the outside. We had a direct view of the outdoor movies on the green, which was very convenient for the kids. We were close to the food court, lobby, pool, playground and busses. The walk to the boat to Disney Springs and Riverside was slightly further but not a burden.

The food, aside from the beignets, is not great and was disorganized. The housekeeping only came once and wasn’t particularly thorough. And our kids complained that the POFQ bus stop at Magic Kingdom was the furthest one away.

But overall, a really nice stay, I liked our room situation better than our prior stays at Poly and Beach Club.
Update: I just asked my daughter what her favorite meal was, and she said it was the chicken tenders and “amazing” fries at POFQ. So I guess I shouldn’t sell the resort food short! We also ate at Storybook, Ohana, Sanaa, Maria and Enzo’s, Flametree and Columbia Harbor House.

We just returned on Sunday from our trip to WDW staying 10 nights at POFQ. We love this resort.

On departure day I got a text at the airport that our rooms were ready. After looking online, I saw that the rooms were adjoining but not connecting. I called the resort and the woman who answered thought adjoining and connecting were the same....lol. I received a call back about 30 minutes later and they were able to put us in connecting rooms. YAY!!

Upon arrival around 8pm, we unpacked and realized our room air conditioner wasn't working properly but daughters' room was just fine. We slept with the ceiling fan all night to make it tolerable. The next morning, I stopped by the front desk to advise of the issue and it was fixed when we came back from the parks.

We did find that we needed to use our Tmobile connection on the walkway outside our rooms to get the fastest connection to ensure 7am virtual cue for Guardians.

Housekeeping was fine. No problems. Food was great as usual. Transportation was outstanding. We NEVER shared a bus with POR. We left at different times of the day ....morning, midday, early afternoon, and we always had straight to park bus service. A couple of times we were the only people on the bus and the bus drivers chatted with us the whole way...lol

Update: I just asked my daughter what her favorite meal was, and she said it was the chicken tenders and “amazing” fries at POFQ. So I guess I shouldn’t sell the resort food short! We also ate at Storybook, Ohana, Sanaa, Maria and Enzo’s, Flametree and Columbia Harbor House.
This cracked me up since, at least in December, their fries were subpar, to put it mildly. Perhaps they've improved since then!

We'll be in Orlando for a non-Disney thing. I'm dying for some GF beignets. Will they let us enter the resort without a reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter