Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

My sister and I are here now. We LOVE this place.

We had two separate reservations, since my sister originally booked the trip and then it turned out that I needed two nights more in the beginning in order to escape the work that's being done on my house (I left DH to take care of it while I'm here!), so I had the first 2 days booked in my name.

When my sister checked in at the front desk yesterday she asked if we could stay in the same room for both reservations and they were able to accommodate her. So nice of them and so convenient for us.

The bus service here rates an A+!

Claire and Barbanellie, thanks for your reports! I’m staying at FQ end of April, early May, and this just makes me even more excited !

Barb, I’m so sorry - get well soon !
My sister liked it so much that she plans to stay there next time she and her husband go. She's pretty sure that he will love it, too, and tell her that it will be their #1 choice from then on. They're staying at one of the All-Stars with their kids and grandkids next month and she was already wishing that they had opted for POFQ instead.

My sister liked it so much that she plans to stay there next time she and her husband go. She's pretty sure that he will love it, too, and tell her that it will be their #1 choice from then on. They're staying at one of the All-Stars with their kids and grandkids next month and she was already wishing that they had opted for POFQ instead.
I’m expecting to love it so much that will also make it my go-to !

We're about 9 weeks out--we are actually going to WDW from NC by train. Never used that mode of transportation to get to Disney before. We got tired of the 257 traffic backups on I-95 during our trip last October. Counting the days till POFQ (first time staying there), and beignets 🚂

We just checked out this morning after a first stay and loved it! We had a garden view room and were in building 3. Super close to everything. Loved how friendly CM's were (called our child by name multiple times), close proximity to everything, and the pool area and playground were great. And it's just so quiet and quaint!

Only two points of frustration:
1. Bus coming back from MK last night took a really long time. We waited 35 minutes, and people were there before us (sitting on the ground camped out they had been there so long). Multiple people complained to the CM stationed in the bus area monitoring things. Saratoga, the station next to us, literally got a bus one after another. One would pull out (usually empty), another came right behind it. Our line grew and grew before they finally changed the name on one and pulled in. We were packed in like sardines and still left people behind.

2. That the boats run so late on Saturday mornings. We were hoping for breakfast at DS and didn't realize they didn't start until 10am (and it was really 10:15). Settled for food court breakfast (not great) instead. Live and learn!

Other than that, a wonderful stay and my new favorite moderate.

Looking to order from walmart+ for my upcoming trip. Can anybody tell me for certain if we have to be there for wine delivery?
Also, will the mini-fridge hold said bottle of wine? :)

Looking to order from walmart+ for my upcoming trip. Can anybody tell me for certain if we have to be there for wine delivery?

Yes you have to be there for alcohol delivery. There are a couple vendors who can take your ID virtually beforehand and then you don't have to be. Garden Grocer is one.

I'm not sure on the mini fridge, but it should.

Yes. The mini-fridge has moveable shelves. We removed the lower shelf to make room for half gallons of milk and a bottle of wine.

Odd question; if you have an AP, can you book at either resort to get multiple rooms for the discount? For example if you have family members that want to stay at FQ, and members who want Riverside, can you book a room at both with the discount? I know you can't regularly do that (book 2 different resorts, though you can multiple rooms at the same resort) but do FQ and Riverside count as one resort enough to do that? I'm going to guess no, but just curious for an upcoming trip.

we stayed at POFQ from Feb 26th to March 9th and while we were there during a very dark time in our lives the cast members were spectacular with us and treated us with grace and compassion. We arrived early Sunday morning, were assigned a room that most would love but not our favourite location-building 4, spitting distance to both bus and food, and were quickly moved to top floor building 7 - we like being away from the main areas. My mom had a stroke Wednesday night and we weren't able to get home before she passed on the Sunday morning due to a winter Thunder snow storm. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed and more - quiet knock on our door front desk manager with multiple boxes of Kleenex. They allowed us to dictate when security checks and housecleaning would happen. The culinary staff got food into the kitchen they don't normally carry to help with my extremely limited diet. The front desk manager who was on duty the day we got the call that mom had moved to bedside vigil mode transferred the remaining 7 days of our 10 day park hoppers to individual park hoppers that are good thru 2028. We were often treated to private bus rides to anywhere we were headed. They've also added 4 free nights to our account for whenever we want to come back for a true holiday.

The weather was perfect the entire stay, only one evening of torrential rain, full moon shining on the river, gorgeous grounds to quietly wander and chat about the next steps. There was a cheerleader group there one weekend but we barely noticed them (one of the chaperones did over imbibe at the springs and made a bus ride rather awkward) several groups of spring break kids who were also very respectful of other guests. Other than the personal trauma we were dealing with it was an ideal stay at our favourite resort.

we stayed at POFQ from Feb 26th to March 9th and while we were there during a very dark time in our lives the cast members were spectacular with us and treated us with grace and compassion. We arrived early Sunday morning, were assigned a room that most would love but not our favourite location-building 4, spitting distance to both bus and food, and were quickly moved to top floor building 7 - we like being away from the main areas. My mom had a stroke Wednesday night and we weren't able to get home before she passed on the Sunday morning due to a winter Thunder snow storm. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed and more - quiet knock on our door front desk manager with multiple boxes of Kleenex. They allowed us to dictate when security checks and housecleaning would happen. The culinary staff got food into the kitchen they don't normally carry to help with my extremely limited diet. The front desk manager who was on duty the day we got the call that mom had moved to bedside vigil mode transferred the remaining 7 days of our 10 day park hoppers to individual park hoppers that are good thru 2028. We were often treated to private bus rides to anywhere we were headed. They've also added 4 free nights to our account for whenever we want to come back for a true holiday.

The weather was perfect the entire stay, only one evening of torrential rain, full moon shining on the river, gorgeous grounds to quietly wander and chat about the next steps. There was a cheerleader group there one weekend but we barely noticed them (one of the chaperones did over imbibe at the springs and made a bus ride rather awkward) several groups of spring break kids who were also very respectful of other guests. Other than the personal trauma we were dealing with it was an ideal stay at our favourite resort.

I am so very sorry for your loss. It’s hard enough to lose a parent, but to lose your Mother while on vacation is simply unimaginable. Sending you my heartfelt condolences and all the strength you could possibly need going forward. 😞

Donald - my hero So sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so hard and missing out on that final goodbye expression of love makes your soul ache. I pray that your family finds strength in knowing your mom is at peace and feels your love with every heartfelt thought. :grouphug:

I am happy that the staff at POFQ was able to make your stay a little more comfortable at such a dark time. It demonstrates the care and compassion we should all have for our fellow man.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter