Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just sent my room request with gofreefax. Is there any way to read the fax that I sent ? Ops meant to put this on the riverside forum

The June 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 9pm and the daily campfires commence at 7pm this month.

Andre

We find the same. Actually, DD and I both drink a lot from our mugs and I have worked out that we have paid for them by the 3rd day even for length of stay. We use our mugs with every meal at the resort, grab 2 coffees/powerades each in the morning before heading out and we top them up regularly when at the resort or pool. I always make sure we drink something before we go out anywhere too as going out if you are already thirsty reduces the value of the mug and increases your cost by having to buy something as soon as you arrive at the park, or wherever you are going.

On a different topic, when do you think the activity schedule for June will be out. It's not that I'm in a hurry or anything ... just casually wondering ;) :rotfl::rotfl:

You mention filling them when you are at the pool...is there a place at the pool to fill them, or do you still have to go to the food court to do so?

The June 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 9pm and the daily campfires commence at 7pm this month.

Andre

Thank you so much! NOW it's getting real :cool1:

You mention filling them when you are at the pool...is there a place at the pool to fill them, or do you still have to go to the food court to do so?

I may have worded that ambiguously. We take sodas to the pool but we get them from the food court. It only takes about a minute, if that, to walk over and get them. I have no idea if they fill mugs at the pool bar. It's never occurred to me to ask about it. Perhaps someone else on here can comment on that.

Thanks for the June activities guide. Do they allow people to make there own s'mores at the Cajun Campfire?

Magic Bands came in the mail today! My daughter and son-in-law have no idea we are staying at POFQ. Can't wait to spring it on them at the airport. Three weeks and counting!!

Magic Bands came in the mail today! My daughter and son-in-law have no idea we are staying at POFQ. Can't wait to spring it on them at the airport. Three weeks and counting!!

What a great surprise! Where do they think they are staying?

Thanks for the June activities guide. Do they allow people to make there own s'mores at the Cajun Campfire?

I don't see why not, if you want to. They will provide free marshmallows to roast, but anything else is up to you.

Andre

Thank you so much! NOW it's getting real :cool1:

I may have worded that ambiguously. We take sodas to the pool but we get them from the food court. It only takes about a minute, if that, to walk over and get them. I have no idea if they fill mugs at the pool bar. It's never occurred to me to ask about it. Perhaps someone else on here can comment on that.

No, they don't refill mugs at the pool bar, wish they did, but as you know, it's not a long walk back to the food court for a refill. ;)

They think we're staying at POP, which we like, but we decided to splurge on POFQ. This trip is a celebration trip for our daughter, who graduated from nursing school last year, so we decided to surprise her with a new resort. Can't wait!

We have 3 garden view rooms reserved and I was wondering what building has our best chance at getting connecting rooms? We have grandsons that are going to be going back and forth between all rooms...we've never been to POFQ and I know its all very condensed, so walking to/from pool and buses shouldnt be a problem for any building..:confused3

Reason being, I'm gonna fax my request about 5 days out and I need something new to obsess about! Everything else is in stone..:cool1:

The wait is killing me!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Even if you don't drink soda the mug is a good deal if you're staying more than 5 days. Last February I had my fill of hot chocolate, iced tea, lemonade and I think cranberry juice? Some kind of juice for sure.

I love getting my mug each visit, and yes, between soda, hot cocoa, tea and coffee I get my money's worth!

I just switched my marathon weekend reservation to French Quarter from POP. FQ is the only mod I haven't stayed in yet, and making the call to try it rather than CBR (my first on property and what has felt most like "home" to me) was tough. Part of me is still second guessing it, but I'm trying very hard to resist that part.

One question with the mugs... If you are at FQ can you only use it at FQ? Or can you use it at Riverside as well? Thanks!

I love getting my mug each visit, and yes, between soda, hot cocoa, tea and coffee I get my money's worth! I just switched my marathon weekend reservation to French Quarter from POP. FQ is the only mod I haven't stayed in yet, and making the call to try it rather than CBR (my first on property and what has felt most like "home" to me) was tough. Part of me is still second guessing it, but I'm trying very hard to resist that part. One question with the mugs... If you are at FQ can you only use it at FQ? Or can you use it at Riverside as well? Thanks!

With the new RFID mugs you can use them at any Resort. POFQ is a great resort...you're going to love it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Is there is a swing set on the property? I am one week away from our stay for my sons first birthday trip. I'm sooooooo excited!!! Thanks :)

Does anyone know what sort of creamer is available in the food court for the coffee? I'm lactose intolerant so I prefer powder, but liquid coffee mate is ok too. What I hate is when places only offer only cream or milk like they are being fancy but then I can't have it. My other option is to ship some to our room.

Does anyone know what sort of creamer is available in the food court for the coffee? I'm lactose intolerant so I prefer powder, but liquid coffee mate is ok too. What I hate is when places only offer only cream or milk like they are being fancy but then I can't have it. My other option is to ship some to our room.

If I remember correctly, its those little cups with 1/2 & 1/2. I liked flavored creamer, so I carry some with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter