• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I have a question about the pool at POFQ. If you have been recently, can you tell me if they have FULL SIZE "beach" towels at the pool? Not normal bath towels, but the big ones.

We are staying at POFQ in May. We have stayed at Riverside but never French Quarter. We had to get a river view because that is all that was left, but my 14 year old son will most likely be in a wheelchair. He has a condition that causes extreme fatigue and pain. Which building would you recommend to be close to food court, bus stop, maybe pool? Thanks!

We are staying at POFQ in May. We have stayed at Riverside but never French Quarter. We had to get a river view because that is all that was left, but my 14 year old son will most likely be in a wheelchair. He has a condition that causes extreme fatigue and pain. Which building would you recommend to be close to food court, bus stop, maybe pool? Thanks!

Building 5 if you can get it, followed by 2 or 6. But generally speaking, the river view rooms are the furthest away from the main building and bus stop (although at FQ that's still not very far).

Andre

Building 5 if you can get it, followed by 2 or 6. But generally speaking, the river view rooms are the furthest away from the main building and bus stop (although at FQ that's still not very far).

Andre

Agreed. Even the most remote room at POFQ is still fairly close to everything.

After my not so favorite stay at FQ over the hurricane last year, bringing the family over Christmas this year. Wish us luck with crowds. My kids are older teens, so I can see us going different ways at times.

Has anyone had a standard room with a roll away? Was it tight? How was the mattress?

I do like the resort as a whole, so am happy to be able to see the new food court, as that was also not open when I stayed last year. And holiday decorations always make me smile.

After my not so favorite stay at FQ over the hurricane last year, bringing the family over Christmas this year. Wish us luck with crowds. My kids are older teens, so I can see us going different ways at times.

Has anyone had a standard room with a roll away? Was it tight? How was the mattress?

I do like the resort as a whole, so am happy to be able to see the new food court, as that was also not open when I stayed last year. And holiday decorations always make me smile.
I don't think they have rollaways anymore . I've read people bringing an inflatable mattress. Checkout www.portorleans.org they usually have the most up to info.

Hello from a fellow Hokie!

I'm going for my first stay at POFQ from November 9-16, any chance we will see Christmas decorations?

@ncc1701 is correct, there are no more roll aways. You would need to bring or ship an air mattress.

Me too! 11th to 18th. I was wondering that too....
We usually stay that week. Sometimes they were going up during the week. On other trip we saw them going up as we were headed to ME to go home. The MK will be decorated.

I know that this resort is typically excluded from general public room discounts and free dining, but I am struggling to find clear information on whether it is excluded from Annual Passholder discounts too. Can anyone direct me to a good resource on that? Thanks!

The only info I see is this:
-8/1/16 - 11/5/16 (room only - bookable as AP package) DID include POFQ
-11/6/16 - 12/23/16 DID NOT include POFQ
-1/1/17 - 4/8/17 DID include POFQ
4/9/17 - 6/10/17 DID NOT include POFQ

I wasn't tracking AP discounts before that. FD has NOT included POFQ for a long time... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter