Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

The only info I see is this:
-8/1/16 - 11/5/16 (room only - bookable as AP package) DID include POFQ
-11/6/16 - 12/23/16 DID NOT include POFQ
-1/1/17 - 4/8/17 DID include POFQ
4/9/17 - 6/10/17 DID NOT include POFQ

I wasn't tracking AP discounts before that. FD has NOT included POFQ for a long time... :(

Thank you! Was debating whether it was worth it to get a pass in the hopes of it being included. We are very limited in when we can go due to my job though, so this is very helpful!

Does the French Quarter have a pool view room with king beds?

King Bed rooms only have one bed, not two.

They are booked under the King Bed booking category though, so if you paid for a Pool View room you wouldn't get a king bed. There are three rooms in building 2 which are King Bed category but also happen to look out over the pool area (one on each floor) but of course you are not guaranteed that view.

upload_2017-3-23_21-36-42.png

(purple is King Bed, light blue are Pool View)

Andre

Can half and half be purchased from the gift shop or dining hall?
I went in November and meant to look (I need H&H for my coffee too) but I ended up just filling up a few little ketchup-containers with H&H at the food court and took them back to my room. Only spilled a bit on me. :)

I check into the resort in 2 days! I am so grateful I chose this small resort! I broke my toe on Monday and I am thinking I will appreciate the small size and the walking distances to things more than I would a bigger resort!!! So glad I get to go here on Sunday :-)

Hi am about to book a room. Is there any compelling reason to choose a river view over a standard room?

Hi am about to book a room. Is there any compelling reason to choose a river view over a standard room?

You mean apart from the fact you'll have a pleasant view overlooking the river, rather than facing more towards a parking lot?

Andre

You mean apart from the fact you'll have a pleasant view overlooking the river, rather than facing more towards a parking lot?

Andre

Lol yeah - I mean, I can't imagine that we will sit there looking out the window often, if at all, really? Or am I totally wrong, and you do?

Actually, even most of the Standard rooms' view is not that bad. The ones I've stayed in do look over the parking lot, but there is generally trees or some type of landscaping blocking it a bit. We enjoy walking through the "streets" to our room, though, and those rooms are mostly garden, pool, or river views.

Take a look at the touring plans web site for examples of room views. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps

I have always gotten a standard room, I can safely say in all our trips to WDW I can't remember the view from my rooms. We just sleep in our rooms, that's why we decided to go back to a moderate price resort. As nice as the deluxe resorts are, honestly it ends up being a waste of money for us. We spend the majority of our time in the parks.

Turned out to be a non point, as while the website said standard view was available, when I went to secure thebooking it was gone - so river view it is! Thanks for your help!

Does the resort give you a bus schedule when you arrive so that you know what time each shuttle will be coming for each park? Or do you just have to stand there and hope that the right one will be coming soon?

You just have to stand there. This is the way it works for all of WDW. In the mornings they will have a worker there monitoring the lines and will call in extra buses for any parks with higher demand, but most of the time you just have to wait.

Does the resort give you a bus schedule when you arrive so that you know what time each shuttle will be coming for each park? Or do you just have to stand there and hope that the right one will be coming soon?
They now have a screen with the estimated times the buses are due to arrive.

Does the resort give you a bus schedule when you arrive so that you know what time each shuttle will be coming for each park?

There isn't a schedule per se, the buses just keep going round and round in a circuit from resorts to parks. There should be a bus for each park at least every 20 minutes, but it's often more frequent than that.

Andre

They now have a screen with the estimated times the buses are due to arrive.
Yes, we find these screens to be very helpful - although sometimes the expected arrival time can change for various reasons. But at least they give you an idea.

At one point I had heard that they were working on having the bus times also available on the phone app. Don't know what ever happened to that idea. It would be cool to have the screens up in the lobby or the food courts, too. And as long as I'm wishing, I wish they would put the bus boards up in the park bus areas, too....:D

Yes, we find these screens to be very helpful - although sometimes the expected arrival time can change for various reasons. But at least they give you an idea.

At one point I had heard that they were working on having the bus times also available on the phone app. Don't know what ever happened to that idea. It would be cool to have the screens up in the lobby or the food courts, too. And as long as I'm wishing, I wish they would put the bus boards up in the park bus areas, too....:D
Those are all excellent ideas! :flower1:

We arrive on April 28th...today it occurred to me that there is not a fitness center at FQ. Are there any options I have to use facilities at another resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter