Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I booked a BB for September 2015. I considered CSR and CBR and booked one then the other....DH said the only moderate he wants is POFQ. He likes the quaintness of the resort and everyone is always so accommodating. So, I have switched us to POFQ and I don't know why I didn't do it to begin with...shame on me.

Out of 7 WDW trips only one has not been at POFQ (it was at AKL).

My avatar is DH and I just arriving at POFQ last September. The CM was standing out front with a sign with our name on it. We celebrate our anniversary at WDW now. 2015 will be 27 years!

I love POFQ !

I booked a BB for September 2015. I considered CSR and CBR and booked one then the other....DH said the only moderate he wants is POFQ. He likes the quaintness of the resort and everyone is always so accommodating. So, I have switched us to POFQ and I don't know why I didn't do it to begin with...shame on me.

My avatar is DH and I just arriving at POFQ last September. The CM was standing out front with a sign with our name on it. We celebrate our anniversary at WDW now. 2015 will be 27 years!

I love POFQ !

I see you live in LA. We Went to New Orleans in July 2013 and POFQ in December 2013 to get the feel of the real FQ and WDW FQ. We enjoyed both. Heading back to POFQ. :banana:

Planning for next year.....early December trip.....don't want to be affected by pop warner kids. Is POR FQ safe from the pop warner kids/families? We really want to stay at one of the POR resorts. I'm a little disappointed that POR is excluded from discounts though, is it excluded from ALL discounts?

I love POFQ !

Yesterday I booked CBR in order to take advantage of the offer that just came out for spring. Then I went to the CBR thread to read all about it and look at pics and realized that it is not the resort for us. I told dh that I was going to cancel the reservation. He said, "I want to go for our anniversary. Book French Quarter, even if it does cost more." My husband is much like your husband. :)

This will be our fifth trip to WDW and POFQ and the third time for our anniversary (previously went in 2009 for our 32nd, then in 2013 for our 36th, and now we will be going in 2015 for our 38th).

Planning for next year.....early December trip.....don't want to be affected by pop warner kids. Is POR FQ safe from the pop warner kids/families? We really want to stay at one of the POR resorts. I'm a little disappointed that POR is excluded from discounts though, is it excluded from ALL discounts?
We have 30 percent off POFQ for nov 2015

I'd like to wish everyone a fabulous New Year - I hope 2015 is a good one for you, and hopefully it will include at least one visit to our favourite resort hotel.

I'm sure there will be lots to look forward to at Port Orleans this year, and a few changes might even be coming in the very near future. For example, I hear that following the successful trail period in the summer there will soon be a permanent facility for direct-to-room check-ins which, although optional, will be a very useful feature for returning visitors who already know the resort. And all those people who have been longing to be able to pick up some resort-specific merchandise at the gift shops might just be in for a pleasant surprise the next time they visit...

It also seems like an opportune moment to do a brief roundup of the Port Orleans news from last year. I won't re-post it all verbatim here (as plenty has already appeared in this thread) but please CLICK HERE to read the full article and find out more.

Have a Very Happy New Year everyone!

Andre

We arrive Tuesday!!!! What are the pros and cons of online check in? Our flight arrives at noon. Thanks!

Yesterday I booked CBR in order to take advantage of the offer that just came out for spring. Then I went to the CBR thread to read all about it and look at pics and realized that it is not the resort for us. I told dh that I was going to cancel the reservation. He said, "I want to go for our anniversary. Book French Quarter, even if it does cost more." My husband is much like your husband. :)

This will be our fifth trip to WDW and POFQ and the third time for our anniversary (previously went in 2009 for our 32nd, then in 2013 for our 36th, and now we will be going in 2015 for our 38th).

For my girls trip with DD13 and DD11 we too had booked at CBR thinking that it would fun to try something new plus the views of the hammocks looked awesome. However, the more I read about how big the resort actually was and some negative reviews on the CBR thread, I decided to switch back over to POFQ because it is something that my family knows and loves. My kids are so glad that we are staying here and when my DD11 found out that I had switched, she yelled "YES!!!" POFQ has become our moderate of choice when staying moderates, we always say we will try out the others (minus POR since we have stayed there before) but we always seem to go back to the one we are most comfortable with :goodvibes.

I'd like to wish everyone a fabulous New Year - I hope 2015 is a good one for you, and hopefully it will include at least one visit to our favourite resort hotel.

I'm sure there will be lots to look forward to at Port Orleans this year, and a few changes might even be coming in the very near future. For example, I hear that following the successful trail period in the summer there will soon be a permanent facility for direct-to-room check-ins which, although optional, will be a very useful feature for returning visitors who already know the resort. And all those people who have been longing to be able to pick up some resort-specific merchandise at the gift shops might just be in for a pleasant surprise the next time they visit...

It also seems like an opportune moment to do a brief roundup of the Port Orleans news from last year. I won't re-post it all verbatim here (as plenty has already appeared in this thread) but please CLICK HERE to read the full article and find out more.

Have a Very Happy New Year everyone!

Andre

Thank you Andre and I hope you and your family have a Happy 2015 too. My DD13, DD11, and I will be heading to POFQ in 20 days and we are so excited :banana:. Not sure if the resort specific merchandise that you mentioned will appear that quickly, but you can be sure I will be looking for it while we are there :goodvibes.

Happy New Year! :wizard: My mom and I will be arriving in 11 days for our first Disney vacation and to celebrate my college graduation! :dance3:

I wish that the BB offers would be extended to returning guests. Sure could use that 30%. Apparently, even the AAA discount isn't available.

Not sure if the resort specific merchandise that you mentioned will appear that quickly, but you can be sure I will be looking for it while we are there :goodvibes.

Oh, you never know your luck.... ;)

B6NxSfAIgAMIP2J.jpg

B6NxSfDIAAA0EP_.jpg

B6NxSfCIAAAo7Xa.jpg

(pics from @Schmoofy, somewhere in the Twitterverse)

Andre

I'd like to wish everyone a fabulous New Year - I hope 2015 is a good one for you, and hopefully it will include at least one visit to our favourite resort hotel. Have a Very Happy New Year everyone! Andre

Thanks Andre for hosting your site and keeping us all updated on everything that regales to PORFQ!

Happy New Year to you and your family

If part of our group arrives 3-4 days after us and they are booked river view and we are booked standard with a request of building 3 or 4, Could the group with the river view request 2,5 or 6 and that would be somewhat close to us in building 3 or 4? We don't need connecting rooms.

If part of our group arrives 3-4 days after us and they are booked river view and we are booked standard with a request of building 3 or 4, Could the group with the river view request 2,5 or 6 and that would be somewhat close to us in building 3 or 4? We don't need connecting rooms.

Make sure your bookings are linking in the WDW reservations system in advance (call the Disney Reservations Center to do this). Then a few days before the first people are due to arrive, fax the resort quoting both of the reservation numbers and dates, asking if you could be located somewhere reasonably close together.

There are some buildings (e.g. 1 and 7) where River View rooms are right around the corner from Standard View rooms. See my maps at www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for more details.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter