Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone stayed in a king bed? I requested one for my January trip and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on them or how to increase the likelihood of having one available.

We have requested a king bed 5-6 times and been able to get one each time.
Twice, we were not assigned a king room at check in but each time they were able to get us into on. Once they were able to find one for us at check in and the other time, we were able to move to one on our second night.

If this is your main request, then I would recommend:
  1. Make sure you have "king room" on your reservation since there is no where to request it during online check in. If it is not on your reservation as a request now, call and have them add it.
  2. Make this your ONLYrequest and don't be picky about the area you want (50's, 60's, lakeview, 4th floor, close to transportation, etc). King beds are limited and if you are wanting a specific area, you are limiting yourself to getting one.
  3. When/if you do on-line check in, do not add any other room requests. With our most recent trip, IMHO, I believe they use the requests that you add to your on-line check in as their primary source of assigning a room.
  4. Book standard view room. Standard is the largest room category so it has the most king rooms.
  5. When you check in at POP, ask them if they were able to assign you a king room. If they don't have you in a king room, they are super helpful and will call and see if they have any available for you :thumbsup2

Good luck! I hope this helps you get one.
When DH & I travel with our grandkids, we always ask for a king room with connecting rooms. We stay in the king room and the kids in the double room with the door in between open. Our own little suite:rotfl:We love the extra room in the bed after a long day at the parks. :goodvibes

i've heard a lot about pop waffles, but does pop have mickey waffles? my friend and i are going in december and i switched us from all star movies to pop due to the pop warner kids and the closure of the all star music food court, but mickey waffles are her favorites and we're not exactly the get up early for breakfast reservations kind of girls. (i'd skip it entirely if it were up to me, but oh well) i just want to be prepared for the disappointment if they don't have them

fnm said:
i've heard a lot about pop waffles, but does pop have mickey waffles? my friend and i are going in december and i switched us from all star movies to pop due to the pop warner kids and the closure of the all star music food court, but mickey waffles are her favorites and we're not exactly the get up early for breakfast reservations kind of girls. (i'd skip it entirely if it were up to me, but oh well) i just want to be prepared for the disappointment if they don't have them
Yes but only in the Kids breakfast!
It will come with 2 mickey waffles, 1 piece of Bacon, 1 piece of sausage and an applesauce cup. I switched out the sausage for another slice of bacon and I switch the applesauce for strawberries. PERFECT size Bfast for me! :)

It will come with 2 mickey waffles, 1 piece of Bacon, 1 piece of sausage and an applesauce cup. I switched out the sausage for another slice of bacon and I switch the applesauce for strawberries. PERFECT size Bfast for me! :)

omg that's so much food for a kid's breakfast too but that's great thank you so much!

When we were there 3 weeks ago the Mickey waffles were replaced with the POP waffles on both the adults and kids menu :sad:
I asked the CM since my DGS was wanting Mickey waffles and she said they only have the POP ones now:worried:

What section are we likely to get if in online check in I requested "near transportation"? I'm thinking 80's/90's possibly. We've always been in 50's so it might be nice to try something different.

I also requested 1st floor and no other requests. Do you think 1st floor is ok? I was just thinking of convenience and not having to wait for elevators or take stairs when we are tired.

What section are we likely to get if in online check in I requested "near transportation"? I'm thinking 80's/90's possibly. We've always been in 50's so it might be nice to try something different.

I also requested 1st floor and no other requests. Do you think 1st floor is ok? I was just thinking of convenience and not having to wait for elevators or take stairs when we are tired.

Near transportation will more than likely get you in 80's/90's or possibly building 1 in the 50's.
We have always requested 4th floor but this year we were given 1st floor and absolutely LOVED it! From now on, we will always request 1st floor. It was soooo convenient!

Near transportation will more than likely get you in 80's/90's or possibly building 1 in the 50's.
We have always requested 4th floor but this year we were given 1st floor and absolutely LOVED it! From now on, we will always request 1st floor. It was soooo convenient!

That's good to hear! We have two rooms and I hope they are adjoining so I didn't want to make too many specific requests! :)

That's good to hear! We have two rooms and I hope they are adjoining so I didn't want to make too many specific requests! :)

We had the connecting rooms with the door in the middle with our son's family. It was perfect.

If they haven't already, make sure that they are showing a request on your reservation for connecting rooms and ask them for your "travel with" number. It is a totally separate number and it tells the room assigner that you are traveling with another part of your family

We normally travel with several of our grandkids and I found out along time ago to get that travel with #. I think that is why we have always gotten the connecting rooms with the door in the middle. :thumbsup2

Good idea on not too many requests. :wave2:

We had the connecting rooms with the door in the middle with our son's family. It was perfect.

If they haven't already, make sure that they are showing a request on your reservation for connecting rooms and ask them for your "travel with" number. It is a totally separate number and it tells the room assigner that you are traveling with another part of your family

We normally travel with several of our grandkids and I found out along time ago to get that travel with #. I think that is why we have always gotten the connecting rooms with the door in the middle. :thumbsup2

Great idea! Thanks! We are traveling with my son and daughter-in-law! They have just been married since March and it is her first visit to WDW. :flower3: I will be sure and look into the "travel with" number! Checking in November 15th!

SPOERLX3 said:

;) first floor is the best!!

Liz said:
Don't request adjoining. That just means next to one another. If you want a common interior door, request connecting! To room assigners, they are very different requests. :)

SPOERLX3 said:

Part of it just depends on whats available and how busy the resort is. As you probably already know, The more requests you make, the harder it becomes for them to meet your desires. :)

Don't request adjoining. That just means next to one another. If you want a common interior door, request connecting! To room assigners, they are very different requests. :)

Exactly!

Part of it just depends on whats available and how busy the resort is. As you probably already know, The more requests you make, the harder it becomes for them to meet your desires. :)

Sooo true :thumbsup2

Hello, all! I am wondering about the triple sheeting on the beds... Does this mean that the sheets on both sides of the blanket are washed between each guest? If so, that is a nice change from the old bedspreads! I try not to be too much of a germaphobe but when it comes to sleeping, it's nice to know the bedding is freshly washed!

stackyallred said:
Hello, all! I am wondering about the triple sheeting on the beds... Does this mean that the sheets on both sides of the blanket are washed between each guest? If so, that is a nice change from the old bedspreads! I try not to be too much of a germaphobe but when it comes to sleeping, it's nice to know the bedding is freshly washed!

Yes, they are supposed to be!! ;)

Yes, I felt like it was super clean. I've stayed in nicer hotels/resorts and it wasn't nearly that nice.

Does anyone else not make any room requests and just let Disney decide? We have always done that. Now that we leave in 2 days I am starting to get nervous. It seems like everyone makes room requests. Are there rooms that are terrible or will we be okay? We aren't that fussy, but all the requests people have are making me worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter