• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now we are booked in two pool view rooms at Pop in Feb/March. Our travel party includes my husband, my DD who will be 10months, myself and my mom. In effort to save money we were considering just changing to one room for all of us. DD will be in a pack n play. We usually do utilize both beds (my husband snores horribly lol), so we're used to the room with both beds down. Do you think it would be insanely uncomfortable for three adults to be in one room plus a little? We looked into the cost of a moderate since it be a tad bigger. But we really really love Pop..
I would stay with the 2 rooms so your mom can .get a good night sleep. Also the queen beds make the floor space a little tighter from what I have heard. Plus maybe your mom would take the little one one night

Right now we are booked in two pool view rooms at Pop in Feb/March. Our travel party includes my husband, my DD who will be 10months, myself and my mom. In effort to save money we were considering just changing to one room for all of us. DD will be in a pack n play. We usually do utilize both beds (my husband snores horribly lol), so we're used to the room with both beds down. Do you think it would be insanely uncomfortable for three adults to be in one room plus a little? We looked into the cost of a moderate since it be a tad bigger. But we really really love Pop..
Only you know how much space vs $$ is important to you. I will say that 3 adults plus a pack n play and stroller will make for a tight room when the 2nd bed is open. It’s doable but will be close quarters. (Recommend storing stroller under regular bed if you can.)

If it’s possible to afford both rooms I think you’d all be happier but if downsizing is the only way to make it work I’d keep what you have.

I’m guessing the answer is ‘no’ but are there any standard rooms available? Have you checked availability at the All Stars? They’re not Pop but if each adult has their own room then doubles would probably do if you gets rooms that are not yet renovated.

We stayed with three adults and a 9 year old and it was tight. I can’t imagine what it would be like with a pack n play.

We recently stayed a room with a shower only. This was our first time without a tub. My DD and I both found we liked it better. However, we also discovered it leaked a lot of water into the bathroom. Has this been a problem for others who have stayed in these rooms? Is there a secret to getting the doors to stay closed? I tried pushing the doors both ways, but it seemed to create an equal amount of water on the floor. I’m curious if others have experienced this as well?

We recently stayed a room with a shower only. This was our first time without a tub. My DD and I both found we liked it better. However, we also discovered it leaked a lot of water into the bathroom. Has this been a problem for others who have stayed in these rooms? Is there a secret to getting the doors to stay closed? I tried pushing the doors both ways, but it seemed to create an equal amount of water on the floor. I’m curious if others have experienced this as well?

Lots of reports here on the DIS with the same complaint. Don't remember reading any solutions.

We’ve stayed in 2 Shower only rooms and really liked them. We didn’t have problems with leaking but the second time the shower didn’t drain well and the bottom of the shower quickly filled up with water to the point that the large white drain rectangle started floating. It ended up being a good thing as it uncovered the drain circle that was covered in other guests hair. Ewwww!!!! I took a wad of toilet paper, removed the hair and the problem was solved. Shower drained well after that. I reported this to guest services so that hopefully it becomes a part of cleaning between guests. I know I’ll check next time we get a shower only room.

We’ve stayed in 2 Shower only rooms and really liked them. We didn’t have problems with leaking but the second time the shower didn’t drain well and the bottom of the shower quickly filled up with water to the point that the large white drain rectangle started floating. It ended up being a good thing as it uncovered the drain circle that was covered in other guests hair. Ewwww!!!! I took a wad of toilet paper, removed the hair and the problem was solved. Shower drained well after that. I reported this to guest services so that hopefully it becomes a part of cleaning between guests. I know I’ll check next time we get a shower only room.
So gross about the hair in the drain!! Luckily our shower was draining with no trouble, but I will keep in mind to check for that if we have another shower only room.

I did ask about the shower door at the desk when I stopped by for something else. I asked if the door was supposed to seal as we were finding lots of water on the floor. The CM suggested we use an extra towel on the floor...it didn’t really answer my question of whether the door was supposed to seal better than it was. We haven’t had this problem in the rooms with the bathtubs, so I’m kind of curious to stay in another shower only room and see if the problem happens again.

Has anyone measured the clearance under the murphy/table bed? We are thinking of bringing an air mattress and wanted to make sure it would fit if an edge of the air mattress had to go under that bed. Also, does anyone happen to know the distance from the beds to the dresser? Thanks so much!

That answers the question we had with that type of drain in the shower, so gross. We didn't have any trouble with the doors or extra water but they stayed closed. My only issue was I really wanted the handheld to tilt to give you an angled shower. After I ran the half I really wanted that angled shower to hit my back and legs but it would only go up and down so I just took it off and put it on my calves for a few seconds which just wasn't the same. The other thing that bugged me was that because there was no angle to the shower stream the floor of the shower would need to be rinsed off near the wall with the inset so you could wash any hair, lint etc away. I used the handheld to do that too. Overall not an issue and I liked the rain shower head.

I really like the new shower heads too. The rainhead option is good to just stand under and get refreshed but I found I needed the hand held option to properly wash and rinse my hair. I noticed the All Stars only have the railhead option and I don’t think that would work as well for me.

Has anyone measured the clearance under the murphy/table bed? We are thinking of bringing an air mattress and wanted to make sure it would fit if an edge of the air mattress had to go under that bed. Also, does anyone happen to know the distance from the beds to the dresser? Thanks so much!

I don't know the measurements but I've seen a few pictures of an air mattress right next to the murphy bed (partially blocking the door) and it looks like a small corner of the mattress in all of the pictures (different people posting them) is under the murphy bed. These were all standard height mattresses, not the elevated ones.

This is not my picture but hopefully will be helpful to you. Something to note is that this mattress is right up against the door leading to the outside. This is the only location that an air mattress will fit in the renovated rooms.

screenshot_20180505-112505-png.320781

I haven't stayed at Pop (yet-18 days to go!) but with the showers perhaps angling the shower head slightly toward the back wall might help minimize water leakage. Since some have issues and others don't, this might help!

This is not my picture but hopefully will be helpful to you. Something to note is that this mattress is right up against the door leading to the outside. This is the only location that an air mattress will fit in the renovated rooms.

screenshot_20180505-112505-png.320781

I know it's on here somewhere, but does anyone know the distance between the two beds when both are pulled down? If the air mattress slides under the Murphy couldn't it go between the two beds, being slightly under the Murphy if needed?

I know it's on here somewhere, but does anyone know the distance between the two beds when both are pulled down? If the air mattress slides under the Murphy couldn't it go between the two beds, being slightly under the Murphy if needed?
Way too narrow of a space for someone to sleep there. It may work for storing the air mattress during the day but there definitely not enough space between the beds to have a functional air mattress between them. The space between the two beds is only 17 inches

Okay, Crib rental it is. Anyone know one of the "Disney Approved" providers aside from Kingdom? We used Kingdom in the past but my dates are coming up sold out.

Okay, Crib rental it is. Anyone know one of the "Disney Approved" providers aside from Kingdom? We used Kingdom in the past but my dates are coming up sold out.
Must it be a crib or would a pack & play work? Pack & plays are available upon request for no charge at Disney resorts

Yeah, my kids never slept well in those, and it wakes me up when they hit the side of the "wall" and it makes that wispy sound lol. This is our 4th trip and we have always rented a crib except our first trip when we just had a 3yo. I'm pretty sure my 39in 2.5 year old would jump out of the pack n play. I know she will be much more comfortable in a real crib - IF I can get one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter