Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering POP for a short 3 night stay march 2-5. We've stayed at POR before , but this would be cheaper and since we are primarily going to be in the parks all day, thinking to save some $ this place looks pretty nice. how are the bus waits and times ?

Spent 3 nights there a couple of weeks ago. Buses to the parks were great, buses leaving before closing were great, 2 nights out of 3 I had very long waits when staying till closing (MK 1 AM and AK 10:30 PM). Like 45 min to an hour waits. I will probably rent a car and stay offsite next time.

I haven't stayed here yet, but I read somewhere that Pop Century & Art of Animation are the only value resorts that have dedicated bus lines.

The All Stars have dedicated bus lines too most of the time, sharing sometimes during less busy periods.

When we were at AoA in June, we found that Pop Century & AoA seemed to occasionally share buses when returning from parks at the end of the night. We had not experienced that on previous trips. We were on a shared bus from AK (boarded about 30-45 minutes after official park closing) and we also saw shared buses coming back from DHS and AK other nights during our stay when we were getting off the bus at the resort coming back from other parks.

Any recent success with faxing room requests for Pop? We are arriving next Thursday, the 23rd and I am trying to figure out when I should send our fax? And is 407-938-4040 the correct fax number?

I'm curious if anyone has tried the Minnie-vans or an Uber from the parks at the end of the night. I think the buses from Pop are great except for the ride back from MK after the park closes. Now it sounds like the same issue may take place with AK as well as i read in a previous post. I was thinking about either driving to these parks or just getting an Uber or Minnie-van, instead of waiting in the long lines just to get on an extremely crowded bus. I am thinking we will have to walk to the Contemporary for an Uber but I think the Minnie-vans will pick us up near the buses......Any info would be great. Thanks

We leave in 18 days!!

For those of you who have stayed at Pop before and faxed in a room request, how many days before did you fax and was your request granted?

I understand you should fax 5-9 days out but am just curious to see what experiences others have had. Thanks!

For those of you who have stayed at Pop before and faxed in a room request, how many days before did you fax and was your request granted?

I understand you should fax 5-9 days out but am just curious to see what experiences others have had. Thanks!
Touring Plans does it on my behalf 5 days out.

Does the food court sell bottles of soda (Coke Zero or Diet Coke)? I think it does, but I’ve not been there in a few years. Three 20 oz bottles would make more sense for me than a refillable mug (of which I have 300 ).

59 days . . .

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you are able to add a room request for a "shower only" room?
TIA!

Have you gotten your requests each time they sent it at 5 days?
Not every time, no. Most times I was within a few rooms but it really depends on availability when I check in.

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you are able to add a room request for a "shower only" room?
TIA!
You May contact Pop and request it but as all requests it’s not guaranteed.

Okay thank you! I just called to add this, but she would not add it as a request as she said shower only rooms are only handicap accessible. But is that not true?

Okay thank you! I just called to add this, but she would not add it as a request as she said shower only rooms are only handicap accessible. But is that not true?
There are now rooms with tub/shower combination and rooms with shower only, that are not specifically handicapped accessible. I called to add a request for a tub room and they seemed to not know this yet.

I have faxed about ten days out and received what I asked for. I am trying for a shower only room this time, so we will see what happens. It’s not a dealbreaker if I don’t get one, but I would like to try one.

ETA-Got my shower room!

Last edited:
There are now rooms with tub/shower combination and rooms with shower only, that are not specifically handicapped accessible. I called to add a request for a tub room and they seemed to not know this yet.

Absolutely not true!!!! I was on 4th floor in 60s bldg in a preferred room with only a shower in the bathroom. The room was not a handicapped room. This was last week of June.

There are rooms with tub/shower combo and some with only s shower. You may wish to call again and request s Shower only room. We had one of these in our standard, non-accessible room in Jan. Hopefully the person you speak with will record your request.

Another instance of Cast Members not being informed of all the changes.

This post clearly shows there are lots of Shower only rooms now although the majority of rooms still have a tub/shower combo.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...shments-tub-or-shower-queens-or-king.3678036/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter