Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't like having to worry about getting in bed with dirty feet. I'm not a fan of wearing socks on hard floors because I always end up slipping easily. I can just see myself slipping and falling onto the corner of that murphy bed! Yikes.

I know carpet can get really gross, and I'm fine with the hard floors if they are swept and mopped daily.
Maybe st a hand towel next to your bed to give them a quick "wipe" before getting in bed. Feet still won't be clean, but may have less "creeblets" to get in your bed.

Yeah I just created an account but did not pay for a membership. I already have my hotel info set to go via fax to the hotel.
I thought you had to pay for this. I have an account that I'm not paying for, but I'm not sure how to have them send a fax. Do you have the link for that?

So I kept looking today at PSD offers because I wasn't set on the Standard Pool View. Just wasn't exactly what I wanted. Tonight I was looking and there were Standard rooms available for the PSD offer and the Standard Pool View rooms were gone. I'm not sure how this happened in one day, but I changed to Standard, saved about $30, and got what I wanted. I'm much happier having the Standard room because that gives me a lot more chances to get a refurbished room. Yay for persistence!

Can anyone tell who has recently been there how large (or small) the kids portion lunch/dinners are?

Can anyone tell who has recently been there how large (or small) the kids portion lunch/dinners are?

It really depends on what you order but my experience has been that they’re an average sized kids meal....at least as ‘average’ as you can get. With hundreds of food locations it’s really hard to answer that question easily. Sorry.

What I have had in the past year....they were both food court but only the chicken was at PoP. The other was at ASMo.

4 finger length chicken fingers, bag of chips (lunch box size), bag with about 15 grapes, 8 oz drink

plate with about 1c pasta (penne?) ladle of sauce bag of grapes and bag with about 6 apple slices 8 oz drink

I am the one who ate this. It was definitely enough to hold me over, but I'll tell you it wouldn't have fed either of my nephews past the age of 8.

@madzy, are you on the Dining Plan? If so, all Quick Service credits can be used to purchase adult meals regardless of how many adults and children ate in your party.

When my dd and I travel we use all our QS credits for adult meals and share them. The credits stretch much further that way.

Sweep, mop .... it makes no difference. The floors were dirty. These rooms take much more to clean that before with all the cubbies that have to be wiped, the coffee supplies (none of ours got replaced), the additional wipe spaces in the shower/bathroom ..... and with a housekeeper shortage ............ you can bet they will pass on mopping and sweeping floors if they can.
Ick. That is gross if they don’t get mopped between guests. I don’t expect room to get mopped during my stay in it, but surely for new guest.
I wear flip flops in hotel rooms.

Ick. That is gross if they don’t get mopped between guests. I don’t expect room to get mopped during my stay in it, but surely for new guest.
I wear flip flops in hotel rooms.

My room was definitely mopped prior to my being in it since I took off my shoes when I walked in and I had white sock on and they stayed pretty white and we spent quite a while checking out the room when we got in it since I was so excite to have been able to be moved into a refurb'ed room like I wanted. I did however decline housekeeping for the GC order so I noticed how quickly the got dirty. Luckily I mostly had packed black socks-I could pretend that the floors weren't too dirty but my my bare feet moments told me otherwise. I always take my shoes off when I come in-my feet are usually ready for a break- so I was surprised how the floors got dirty so fast when I wasnt really tracking it around on my shoes. I think dust from the construction probably doesn't help matters.

This will be our 3rd trip to Disney, but first staying in a hotel! We have always tent camped at Fort Wilderness, but with a baby, I want some comfort amenities and think we better take advantage of 5 in a value room now before we are kicked out to the moderates! I've been reading through the older portions of this thread, but any tips/tricks you have to help with organization would be great! I'm already planning on bringing a door hanger for shoes, etc. and I"m excited about the murphy bed to give more floor space during the day. Our kids will be 6, 5, and 4 months at the time of the trip. We have 3 day PH+ tickets. Our kids love the waterslides at FW, so with the values not having the slides, we think they will enjoy the waterparks! We plan to alternate water park/theme park days with some mini-golf on arrival day.

What is the current bus situation to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? We will be staying at Pop Century for the first time in May and I have heard conflicting info. Some say that there is a direct bus to Blizzard Beach but that you will have to connect to go to TL. Others say you have to connect to go to both? I would appreciate any insight! We will have a vehicle but will also have a baby so it would be nice if one of us could drive the baby back, while the other parent stayed with the bigger kids and then took the bus back later. Thanks!

Also, is there enough room for a Pack n Play below the closet in the sink area? Or for those who've had a PNP in the room, where did you put it? Since our trip isn't till mid-May, I'm hoping/assuming that we will likely have a refurbed room since the majority of construction should be finished by then. Did you use a Disney PNP or bring your own? We can bring our own, but it is a little bigger than the average size (more of a deluxe model, with bowed out sides) and I'm hoping the Disney one may be more standard. If you borrowed one, was it fairly clean?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Which building is best to request too see the nightly fireworks? We have a preferred room reserved. Stay in the 50's last trip (loved it) - we could walk down the hall and see the fireworks OR walk out to the lake. Was just wondering if there were any better locations to request. Thanks!

Which building is best to request too see the nightly fireworks? We have a preferred room reserved. Stay in the 50's last trip (loved it) - we could walk down the hall and see the fireworks OR walk out to the lake. Was just wondering if there were any better locations to request. Thanks!
The one's with the best views are actually standard rooms.

@madzy, are you on the Dining Plan? If so, all Quick Service credits can be used to purchase adult meals regardless of how many adults and children ate in your party.

When my dd and I travel we use all our QS credits for adult meals and share them. The credits stretch much further that way.

We aren’t on the dining plan. I was wondering if my 8 and 5 yo could share? Maybe not. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter