Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of getting a king bed when you request one?
I've been on the look out and part of this discussion a few times on this thread. It seems that it is hit or miss I'm assuming depending on how busy things are. A lot of there current king rooms are also handicap accessible, which also means there is a shower and no tub I think. Something to keep in mind in case a tub is important if you are traveling with little ones that need a tub for bath time. Also something to consider is the refurbished rooms if they are available when you go, not king but one of the beds is one that folds up into the wall and really opens up the room it seems like.

this has probably been covered numerous times, but when is the best time to call and make room requests? We go the end of November, and ideally we will have a better understanding of where the renovations are taking place in October and can use that information to decide on the best location for us.

Anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but I got behind on keeping up with the last 10 pages or so. We arrive in 3 days :dogdance: 1st stay at Pop, 3rd on property stay. I did online check in when it became available (We have a non water pref room. 50's close to elevators were our requests, we'll see if we get them. I'll be happy no matter :cloud9:) I got the email 2 days ago about confirming the online check in. After completion, it gave me check in instructions that include "presenting my ID to the online check in desk"?? :confused3 I don't remember getting this before, and we've gone straight to our room both times. However, I also updated the expiration date for my payment card on file this time. Is that statement generic for all online confirmations, or does it really mean we'll need to go to the lobby before our bands will allow us in the room? And if so, is there a designated online check in desk (and if so, location?) in the lobby, or just the general check in desks? Sorry to ask again, I know we could just wait and see. But, we're heading off to AK right after getting settled so I just want to be prepared. :disrocks:

What are the chances of getting a king bed when you request one?

We've stayed at Pop 4 times and only once did we get the king bed request. There was a second time that they offered us a handicap king room but we turned it down in case someone who actually needed it checked in.

Can young kids wear water wings in the pools? It's been many, many years since we've stayed at a Disney resort and I don't know if the rules have changed.

Looking at 2 rooms at Pop August 2017.

We have booked and stayed on site before but now I am confused with new charges regarding changes to packages.

If we book rooms now but decide to add tickets or a promotion later when they are released will we cancel our reservation and any monies paid toward it? Or will it just be adjusted like in the past?

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but I got behind on keeping up with the last 10 pages or so. We arrive in 3 days :dogdance: 1st stay at Pop, 3rd on property stay. I did online check in when it became available (We have a non water pref room. 50's close to elevators were our requests, we'll see if we get them. I'll be happy no matter :cloud9:) I got the email 2 days ago about confirming the online check in. After completion, it gave me check in instructions that include "presenting my ID to the online check in desk"?? :confused3 I don't remember getting this before, and we've gone straight to our room both times. However, I also updated the expiration date for my payment card on file this time. Is that statement generic for all online confirmations, or does it really mean we'll need to go to the lobby before our bands will allow us in the room? And if so, is there a designated online check in desk (and if so, location?) in the lobby, or just the general check in desks? Sorry to ask again, I know we could just wait and see. But, we're heading off to AK right after getting settled so I just want to be prepared. :disrocks:

Not everyone who does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. That's the ultimate goal but as of now, some people have to stop by the front desk. Nobody knows how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who doesn't. I think they use the same algorithm as the one they use to determine who gets PINs and who doesn't.

Not everyone who does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. That's the ultimate goal but as of now, some people have to stop by the front desk. Nobody knows how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who doesn't. I think they use the same algorithm as the one they use to determine who gets PINs and who doesn't.
I have bypassed the front desk the past 10 or so times I have visited the value resorts. As long as you have a credit card on file and do the online check in before your trip, you should get an email or text the day of check in letting you know if your room is ready. If it's not ready and you have park tickets, you can go on to the parks until you are notified that your room is ready.

I have bypassed the front desk the past 10 or so times I have visited the value resorts. As long as you have a credit card on file and do the online check in before your trip, you should get an email or text the day of check in letting you know if your room is ready. If it's not ready and you have park tickets, you can go on to the parks until you are notified that your room is ready.
So if we have magic bands with tickets and dining plan loaded we could drop our bags and go to parks (assuming the text says no need to go to desk)?
The credits and all that will work right?

:thanks:Thank you guys! I guess we'll wait and see. Since I've bypassed the last two times, and couldn't remember the wording of the previous Disney confirmation emails; wasn't sure if that phrase meant I was already auto picked to not be able to bypass this time. But, hey-whether we do or not, no worries. We'll get in our room eventually lol. AK won't be going anywhere til 11p that night anyway. Just in typical fashion, I was obsessing on hurrying ha:earboy2:

So if we have magic bands with tickets and dining plan loaded we could drop our bags and go to parks (assuming the text says no need to go to desk)?
The credits and all that will work right?
Yes, that has been my experience over the last year or so. I usually make 4-6 trips a year and actually just got home 2 days ago. You should get a text fairly early in the day probably saying that your room is not ready. When your room is ready you will get another text telling you your room number, building section and building number. You can then go straight to your room bypassing the front desk altogether. I absolutely LOVE not having to stand in the line at the front desk!!

I bolded the sentence about updating your expiration date - IMO that's your issue. This is just my experience, not sure if it is always true, but... in 2015 (at POFQ) I got the text and went straight to my room. In 2016, after booking but before online check in, I got my new cc (old number, new expiration date). I updated my expiration date in MDE and thought I was good. I did online check in but never got the room # text. At POFQ, I had to check in as usual and when I asked the CM, she said it was because my expiration date on my cc had changed - even though I had changed it in my MDE account, they had to do something at the desk as well. So I really do think that's your problem. Bummer, because I really liked the "straight to my room" thing.

I'm 95% sure I'm staying at POP next year, and my card won't be changing this time, so I'm planning for online check in and direct-to-room.

(Oh, and from the photos/videos I've seen, I'm pretty sure POP has a dedicated online check in line.)

I bolded the sentence about updating your expiration date - IMO that's your issue. This is just my experience, not sure if it is always true, but... in 2015 (at POFQ) I got the text and went straight to my room. In 2016, after booking but before online check in, I got my new cc (old number, new expiration date). I updated my expiration date in MDE and thought I was good. I did online check in but never got the room # text. At POFQ, I had to check in as usual and when I asked the CM, she said it was because my expiration date on my cc had changed - even though I had changed it in my MDE account, they had to do something at the desk as well. So I really do think that's your problem. Bummer, because I really liked the "straight to my room" thing.

I'm 95% sure I'm staying at POP next year, and my card won't be changing this time, so I'm planning for online check in and direct-to-room.

(Oh, and from the photos/videos I've seen, I'm pretty sure POP has a dedicated online check in line.)

Thank you!!!!!!! That's so sweet taking your time to share! It's the reason I love sweet DIS peeps! :disrocks:... ALWAYS so helpful. You kinda confirmed my suspicions. I'm really thinking you're probably right. Which is good in a way for security purposes, although a tad more inconvenient. I can see a change in anything resulting in needing to check in by person. I'll plan on having to do so, and spy out the online check in desk. If so, glad I'd have to at Pop being less sprawled out rather than when we're going back in October to CBR lol.

I'm sorry, just one more question I can't seem to find any specific info on. Would the concierge desk be able to handle my AP upgrade? I'd plan on visiting a park prior to upgrade so tickets are activated. It's just I'd rather not waste park time by upgrading at a Guest Relations. My family sleeps in (we compensate by night owl closing parks down), and I'll have tons of free resort am time before they roll out lol. It'd be awesome to handle upgrade then. And if any early risers with family that sleeps in has any suggestions to enjoy the resort it'd be fun to hear. I plan on of course walking the grounds for photos of the cute icons, the trail around the lake, over the bridge to view AoA icons, enjoy coffee at a (hopeful) bench with a lake view. That one I'm most happy about. We're so busy in the parks, thankful for lazy am time since first Pop visit to soak in the cute resort atmosphere.( Bc we're not the "midday break" people since getting to parks late. Once we leave, we won't see resort til midnight or after lol).

I got my refurb letter yesterday, staying Nov 4-12. My last name is in the middle of the alphabet and I'm on the west coast. I was surprised to get the letter after so many with trips after me had received their letter so I thought I would add some info to it.

On another note, I love their stationary, it's so cute! I may have to use it in my scrapbook, minus the letter portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter