Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We looked in Trader Sam's a few weeks ago when we were there for the weekend of the 1st thru 5th and it was quiet Friday and Saturday....strangely quite.

Side note about all the refillable mugs and soda at the Poly....has side pool always had open and free to pour soda fountains? and coffee? If so we have never noticed it before, maybe because we really don't drink soda...but wondering if we just never noticed.
There is a refill station on the side of the quiet pool lounge. You can refill your mug there but technically it’s not free.

There is a refill station on the side of the quiet pool lounge. You can refill your mug there but technically it’s not free.

That’s what I said…but so many people just filling everything and anything from there….lol we thought it was kind of odd

That’s what I said…but so many people just filling everything and anything from there….lol we thought it was kind of odd
Some of the resorts have the chip technology on the cups that only allow them to be filled for the length of you stay. I don’t think the Poly has that yet.

I currently have a Poly studio reserved for a trip with my adult son in January. I just had knee surgery #5 3 weeks ago so and I’m likely to need an ECV in January. I’m planning to rent one of the smaller ECVs from an offsite vendor. How are the studios for storing an ECV? I’m hoping I can also get a ground floor room.

My friend returned recently from the Poly and was also using an ECV. She said she parked it in the hallway close to an outlet in the building and had no issues all week. She did recommend a ground floor room because the elevators are very small.

Anyone there recently know how the waits for trader sams have been?

I was there 9/30 - 10/4 and the line starts forming for the waitlist before 2 PM and stretched past Captain Cooks. About 2:10 they starting taking down names. If you are in the first group you are paged at 3 PM or you can stand outside the lounge to wait for your name to be called. If not, you have 10 minutes to reply to the text.

They did call more people than seats are available so there is some SRO. The time to be called starts growing from there. One day, I stopped by around 3 PM and it was "up to 3 hours". I got the page at 4:40 PM. It's really hard to gauge how long guests will hang out. Another day, I walked by and there was an irate guest complaining to a CM about spending thousands of dollars and not having a solid call-back time.

Visited WDW for the first time in 8 years last week.

During my stay, had the opportunity to visit the Poly. Everyone in my travel group loved it so much that they all requested to stay here in the future.

Question for the veterans of this resort, how far in advance do you all book your stay? As soon as possible?

Any help is appreciated.

During my stay, had the opportunity to visit the Poly. Everyone in my travel group loved it so much that they all requested to stay here in the future.

Question for the veterans of this resort, how far in advance do you all book your stay? As soon as possible?

Any help is appreciated.
This year no discounts were offered. I would book a room only reservation for tentative dates you need. Then you can cancel up to 5 days prior if needed to snag a discount if one comes out.

Any help is appreciated.
What time of year are you thinking? That makes a difference.

I’m arriving Thursday and this is the first trip where ADR stalking and reservation finders have completely let me down. What do you Poly experts recommend for arrival day dinner at the resort? Looks like lots of eateries but I have no idea how to rank them! They seem to have food at the pool bars (Barefoot and Oasis), Capt Cooks, Tambu, Tiki Terrace and Kona “to go”.

I’m arriving Thursday and this is the first trip where ADR stalking and reservation finders have completely let me down. What do you Poly experts recommend for arrival day dinner at the resort? Looks like lots of eateries but I have no idea how to rank them! They seem to have food at the pool bars (Barefoot and Oasis), Capt Cooks, Tambu, Tiki Terrace and Kona “to go”.

Theyre all pretty good so it really depends on what sounds good to you. Keep checking, especially today, tons of people cancel in the last 24 hours.

We arrived 7'ish a few weeks ago with no dinner plans. I eyeballed any last minute ADRs or walk-up list availability at any of the monorail resort restaurants to no success. Ended up at the Oasis Pool Bar & Grill and just ordered food at the bar. I really like the food there, plus it was pretty much just us, the bartender, and a beautiful evening - couldn't ask for much better. They close at 8pm.

I do also like Kona To Go in a pinch. The Kona sit down wait list was only 20'ish minutes at the time, but we weren't feeling Kona food on that particular evening.

Not sure how many in your party or your overall preferences, but I've been 1) refreshing for ADRs at times during the day of and 2) working those mobile walk-up lists hard (especially close to opening) and with a little flexibility we've often had decent success. I frankly don't even mess with ADRs all that much pre-arrival anymore, although "winging in" like that isn't for everyone.

Any help is appreciated.

For me, I guess I would say "it depends." In old times, I would have said unless you have very specific dates and a very specific room/view type that makes it a go/no go decision, just sit tight and wait for discounts to be released to book.

But with the way WDW room availability has been these days - and Poly in particular with a seemingly popular renovation and hardly any discounts to be found - you may want to strongly consider going ahead and booking, in my opinion. I sort of hate to buy into the hype of booking to secure a spot, but depending on your dates, preferences etc, it may be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter