Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Haven’t heard much about the bus situation in awhile. Are Poly and GF still running separate buses, or have they gone back to the normal past pattern of usually sharing?

Wondering if anyone knows anything about when the monorail will return to Poly? I could call but not sure a CM would know any accurate info either. We are scheduled to arrive at the end of August. Any chance it would be running by then or no? I know some got emails about this but we did not.

Wondering if anyone knows anything about when the monorail will return to Poly? I could call but not sure a CM would know any accurate info either. We are scheduled to arrive at the end of August. Any chance it would be running by then or no? I know some got emails about this but we did not.

The chatter I heard when I swung by last week and I’ve seen on the Internets seems to be “September” - so whatever that means. I wouldn’t deem anyone I heard that from as a reliable source, more CM chatter than anything and people not directly involved.

The aerial pics I posted a few posts above seem like it’s relatively far along, but still some decent work to go. Hard to tell just how fast something like that can come together.

I’ll be rooting for August for you though!

Awesome new thread! Does anyone know if the path to the GF has re-opened?
When did it close? It was open a couple of months ago. We're there again on August 7, so really hoping it's open (especially with the Polynesian monorail station out of commission).

I have searched for this and can't find it so here's a question for Poly experts...when my kids were little we stayed in a longhouse called Rapa Nui. Did that get renamed? If so, to what?

I have searched for this and can't find it so here's a question for Poly experts...when my kids were little we stayed in a longhouse called Rapa Nui. Did that get renamed? If so, to what?

If I’m not mistaken (and someone please chime in if I’m incorrect), what was once Rapa Niu is now Pago Pago, one of the DVC longhouses.

The chatter I heard when I swung by last week and I’ve seen on the Internets seems to be “September” - so whatever that means. I wouldn’t deem anyone I heard that from as a reliable source, more CM chatter than anything and people not directly involved.

The aerial pics I posted a few posts above seem like it’s relatively far along, but still some decent work to go. Hard to tell just how fast something like that can come together.

I’ll be rooting for August for you though!

I appreciate you posting with the chatter you’ve heard 😊

Thanks so much. I appreciate the information about the resort especially all of the building descriptions and number and types of rooms.
The Polynesian is one of our favorites and we are looking forward to our regular week there in November. Hoping for club level by then too.

I actually stayed there originally back I think around 1980 as a kid. I remember Epcot was still under construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter