Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

DVC owners don’t pay for restaurants, lounges, gift shops, or any other food or merchandise locations. All of them including the TOTWL at BLT are carved out of the condominium association property as “commercial space,” and the DVC owners don’t share in any of the expenses or the profits thereof.

As far as that space at the top of the Poly tower, I too wish it were going to be a restaurant with a great fireworks view. But I’m afraid that might be the location for the “2BR penthouse villas” the tower is supposed to have.
Thank you! That train of thought didn't make logical sense to me at all.

DVC owners don’t pay for restaurants, lounges, gift shops, or any other food or merchandise locations. All of them including the TOTWL at BLT are carved out of the condominium association property as “commercial space,” and the DVC owners don’t share in any of the expenses or the profits thereof.

As far as that space at the top of the Poly tower, I too wish it were going to be a restaurant with a great fireworks view. But I’m afraid that might be the location for the “2BR penthouse villas” the tower is supposed to have.
Thanks for helping to set things right. I’m glad I was wrong! 😁

I gotta say, for the massive amount of money you pay to stay here, that fact that you need to also go stop at the GF after being picked up by the bus is kinda crazy. Was stuck on a car line of 15 cars trying to go through the security gate. They should both have their own imo for being most expensive but they won’t. I get the logistics

Last edited:
I gotta say, for the massive amount of money you pay to stay here, that fact that you need to also go stop at the GF after being picked up by the bus is kinda crazy. Was stuck on a car line of 15 cars trying to go through the security gate. They should both have their own imo for being most expensive but they won’t. I get the logistics
When the Poly tower opens, I wouldn’t be surprised if Poly gets its own bus. What they could do about the monorail is still a mystery to me.

I've always wanted to stay at the poly and was planning to until i read more about the noise issues between rooms.
Is it really that bad? I use a white noise app and i wear a eye cover with speakers as i sort of hate noise when sleeping.

Now i'm looking to stay at BLT because i've read that its not as noisy between rooms.

I've always wanted to stay at the poly and was planning to until i read more about the noise issues between rooms.
Is it really that bad? I use a white noise app and i wear a eye cover with speakers as i sort of hate noise when sleeping.

Now i'm looking to stay at BLT because i've read that its not as noisy between rooms.

Much much worse at the grand Floridian big pine key DVC building. Didn’t hear to much next to us at the poly all the times I’ve stayed but recently heard a baby screaming all morning down the hall at the poly from their room. I’m sure that can happen at every hotel though. Walls don’t seem too thin at the poly.

Stayed lake view and the horn kept me up all morning. Not a big deal if your up at 7 but if you want to sleep past 8, good luck lol

No issues at night

Ah the building that contains the old Tangaroa Terrence space and the now closed Lilo's Playhouse. I don't think anything officially has been announced. It's not the best location next to the parking lot.

Dave

And the former Neverland Club--child care. I miss Tangaroa Terrace and while we are far beyond the years of Neverland, it was a great time for our kids back in the day.

Kona cafe. I know they serve the dessert bread and I've heard the have the noodles, pot stickers, and wings. Do they serve those all day? I know Tambu doesn't start till 4pm and we'll never be at the resort for that. Hoping to grab some for lunch @ Kona.

Do they serve those all day?
No Kona Cafe is open 11:30 - 2 PM for lunch and then again 5 - 10 PM

Kona cafe. I know they serve the dessert bread and I've heard the have the noodles, pot stickers, and wings.
Pineapple-Coconut Bread pudding, Pork Belly Noodle bowl or Vegetable bowl., Crispy Pork-Vegatable Pot Sticker, Glazed Chicken Wings are on the Menu.

ETA: add Noodle bowls

Dave

Last edited:

We didn't notice any noise issues during our last stay.

Much much worse at the grand Floridian big pine key DVC building. Didn’t hear to much next to us at the poly all the times I’ve stayed but recently heard a baby screaming all morning down the hall at the poly from their room. I’m sure that can happen at every hotel though. Walls don’t seem too thin at the poly.

Stayed lake view and the horn kept me up all morning. Not a big deal if your up at 7 but if you want to sleep past 8, good luck lol

No issues at night
I thought we were the only ones to have an issue with the boat horns with the lake view. Most folks here say that the noise level wasn't too bad for them.

We got extremely unlucky when we did a lake view room a few years back--there seemed to be an issue with the Electric Light Pageant and we could hear the music looping for almost three hours

I thought we were the only ones to have an issue with the boat horns with the lake view. Most folks here say that the noise level wasn't too bad for them.

We got extremely unlucky when we did a lake view room a few years back--there seemed to be an issue with the Electric Light Pageant and we could hear the music looping for almost three hours

Yeah the view is amazing but I think it will stop me from booking lake view again. I just can’t deal with the horns anymore. They woke me up every morning. The little boat horns are fine. That huge boat from the ticket and transportation center is another story.

Does anyone know how strictly the height limit is enforced for the splash pad? My oldest will probably want to play with her little sister.

Does anyone know how strictly the height limit is enforced for the splash pad? My oldest will probably want to play with her little sister.
I would say not enforced at all...at least none that I witnessed...as parents often need to be there to supervise their little ones (and get wet in the process).
...or maybe I am wrong and they are too busy enforcing this to supervise kids splashing around in the spa (hot tub). Grrr...sorry...I need to get over it haha.

I have lots of experience with this. 😂

Generally speaking they won’t enforce the height restriction on the main play structure and bigger slide, unless it’s just crazy out of whack or the individual is being disruptive. They do enforce it on the smaller little splash slide, which is really meant more for babies and little ones.

My oldest played for years with his little sister even though above the technical height.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter