Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Trying to figure out what room to request. Booked standard view. Trying to decide whether I should just ask for first available (since we are arriving in AM) or to ask for something more specific. I’m a bit nervous about being on the first floor because I heard they can sometimes have mosquitoes (anyone have experience with this?) also concerned about how disruptive the construction is. Would it really be that bad if we face the construction? Anyone with recent experience staying there? TIA

Trying to figure out what room to request. Booked standard view. Trying to decide whether I should just ask for first available (since we are arriving in AM) or to ask for something more specific. I’m a bit nervous about being on the first floor because I heard they can sometimes have mosquitoes (anyone have experience with this?) also concerned about how disruptive the construction is. Would it really be that bad if we face the construction? Anyone with recent experience staying there? TIA

I assume you're talking about Standard View on the hotel side (not DVC/Villa)... if so, I would strongly recommend requesting Rarotonga, I wouldn't worry about a floor personally, although note second floor rooms don't have an outdoor space so if that's important maybe add "first or third floor preference" if inclined. While I have not stayed in a construction facing room I wouldn't want to, especially as the bulk of vertical construction gets going here in the near/mid term... in my humble opinion. Other options for a request would be something like "first preference Rarotonga or not facing construction if in another building" or something like that (I'm assuming/hoping the room assignors know enough about resort happenings for that to translate, but that's a big guess on my part).

Never say never but I've never had mosquito problems at Poly, and to be honest we leave our balcony door open way more than we probably should (I like to hear the noises outside).

I assume you're talking about Standard View on the hotel side (not DVC/Villa)... if so, I would strongly recommend requesting Rarotonga, I wouldn't worry about a floor personally, although note second floor rooms don't have an outdoor space so if that's important maybe add "first or third floor preference" if inclined. While I have not stayed in a construction facing room I wouldn't want to, especially as the bulk of vertical construction gets going here in the near/mid term... in my humble opinion. Other options for a request would be something like "first preference Rarotonga or not facing construction if in another building" or something like that (I'm assuming/hoping the room assignors know enough about resort happenings for that to translate, but that's a big guess on my part).

Never say never but I've never had mosquito problems at Poly, and to be honest we leave our balcony door open way more than we probably should (I like to hear the noises outside).
Thanks for this. Yes staying at the hotel side (not DVC), I guess one of my concerns was that If I was too picky with my request our room wouldn’t be ready until later. We are likely arriving around 11am. Weighing whether it’s worse to wait longer for a room or risk having a less desirable room. Would something like aotearoa facing the monorail be ok? Sorry, never been to this resort before so going off the map lol

Thanks for this. Yes staying at the hotel side (not DVC), I guess one of my concerns was that If I was too picky with my request our room wouldn’t be ready until later. We are likely arriving around 11am. Weighing whether it’s worse to wait longer for a room or risk having a less desirable room. Would something like aotearoa facing the monorail be ok? Sorry, never been to this resort before so going off the map lol
I had one of those rooms . Yes that would not be a bad option. You will be close to GF walking path to gym/spa, close to GCH . It’s a bit to the pools and bus but poly is not that large so shouldn’t be too bad.

For me it’s, do I want outdoor space (2nd floor resort doesn’t have a balcony), noise concern, close to amenities or 1st available. Often I think something is important but I show up tired and grab 1st available 😂

I've been in Aotearoa with that view. I think you can see/hear service vehicles over there. It doesn't disturb me because I am a VERY heavy sleeper. If you are arriving at 11am I would personally go to the front desk and plead for Rarotonga before the rooms are all snatched up. Outside of construction, it's a prime location at the resort. I've also never had mosquito problems at Poly. The only WDW resort where I have seen more mosquitoes than I would like is Contemporary Resort, specifically the Bay Lake side.

We are thinking of booking club level for a few nights over new years 2023/2024. This would be the very end of our holiday so our park tickets will have expired and our plan was a few relaxing days at the pool/visiting other resorts etc. I don't know how far away the constuction is from the main pool/hawaii building. Are we likely to be disturbed by noise if around this area during the day? Thanks

I’m a mosquito magnet and have not been bitten at the Poly yet. (I have been bitten at Beach Club and on the walking path between Grand Floridian and MK.)
Thats good about the Poly. Where did you get bit at Beach Club; we are doing a split stay Poly/BC.

We are thinking of booking club level for a few nights over new years 2023/2024. This would be the very end of our holiday so our park tickets will have expired and our plan was a few relaxing days at the pool/visiting other resorts etc. I don't know how far away the constuction is from the main pool/hawaii building. Are we likely to be disturbed by noise if around this area during the day? Thanks

The Hawaii location is for all practical purposes far enough away from construction for it to be a concern. If you have a TPV or LV room you can see the site if you look towards a hard left, but it's a ways away and not something to be too worried about, IMHO.

Other than the path to GF, with a typical CL stay one would never really be spending time on that 'side' of the resort anyway and the marina and other longhouses effectively cut-off site lines, so I largely see it as a non-issue. That's not to say you won't hear some clanking around when they get vertical, but it's not like it's right in your face from the pool, Hawaii longhouse, etc.

Thats good about the Poly. Where did you get bit at Beach Club; we are doing a split stay Poly/BC.
It was by the pool in the middle of the day! I had walked by a hedge going back to my room, and felt an itchy bump shortly afterwards. So unexpected - it was my first mosquito encounter at Disney. Only this one bite ever at BC, but was pretty darn itchy. (I tend to react badly to mosquito bites in general, the area will swell up and the bites will ooze. The bites I get at Disney tend to be smaller and itchier than at other places, but go away sooner. Even mosquitoes are nicer at Disney. 😂)

So what's the construction currently looking like if you're in a room close to it? Does it really impact the vibe of the place?

So what's the construction currently looking like if you're in a room close to it? Does it really impact the vibe of the place?
It’s not too bad yet. Mostly just landscape stuff. Once the actual construction starts it will get noisier and uglier. There is not a time table but have to assume soon since the ground looks “ready” ish.

At most of the resort, you won't even know it's there, but we were able to see this big pile of dirt (from the opposite side) while walking from Poly to Grand Floridian in December. It looks like some of the rooms have views of the construction site, so that would be an impact if you're staying on that side of the building.

2022-Polynesian-Village-Resort-Construction-Dirt-1.jpg

The Hawaii location is for all practical purposes far enough away from construction for it to be a concern. If you have a TPV or LV room you can see the site if you look towards a hard left, but it's a ways away and not something to be too worried about, IMHO.

Other than the path to GF, with a typical CL stay one would never really be spending time on that 'side' of the resort anyway and the marina and other longhouses effectively cut-off site lines, so I largely see it as a non-issue. That's not to say you won't hear some clanking around when they get vertical, but it's not like it's right in your face from the pool, Hawaii longhouse, etc.
Thanks that’s really helpful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter