Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for this. Yes staying at the hotel side (not DVC), I guess one of my concerns was that If I was too picky with my request our room wouldn’t be ready until later. We are likely arriving around 11am. Weighing whether it’s worse to wait longer for a room or risk having a less desirable room. Would something like aotearoa facing the monorail be ok? Sorry, never been to this resort before so going off the map lol

YMMV of course but quite frankly given the cost I personally wouldn't worry about waiting a bit longer on arrival if it meant a better chance of not facing construction for my entire trip. Worst case scenario you leave your stuff with Bell Services and head to MK, or if not wanting to use park admission for the day just hang out at the pool or go resort hopping along the monorail. But FWIW I've never had to wait super long for a room to be ready at any resort except French Quarter, and I always request specific buildings at resorts that have separate ones. If you do online check in you may even get your room ready text en route from MCO. Back when DME was still a thing we often got the text while waiting for the bus.

I also second (third?) requesting Rarotonga, it's the best standard longhouse imo even setting aside being far from the construction site. It's extremely convenient to everything at the resort, right next to the Great Ceremonial House for dining and transportation, the bus stop is right there, and it's right by both pools. It's not a terrible walk to the TTC either if you go out the back exit. We stayed standard there a few years ago and on the third floor we could watch the monorail zoom by from our balcony. I would not want to be anywhere near Aoetearoa.

what is the best way to make a room request? When I try to do it through mde it only gives be 4 options to choose from, not of which are relevant to my request TIA

We were there December. I just wondered if anyone else thought that the lack of signage for the walking path to the TTC was frustrating? Maybe it was just me, but I got lost walking around searching 😂.
I can't say I noticed a lack of signage. But there also aren't a lot of options. Whether you follow the road/parking lot, follow the shoreline, or take a middle route between the DVC buildings, they all converge, then you cross the TTC's service road and you're there!

I can't say I noticed a lack of signage. But there also aren't a lot of options. Whether you follow the road/parking lot, follow the shoreline, or take a middle route between the DVC buildings, they all converge, then you cross the TTC's service road and you're there!
How long does it take from say the main house/lobby to walk to the TTC?

Has anyone done the Epcot extended hours while staying at Poly? Is the monorail running or do they have buses back to the monorail resorts?

We did it last week! Monorail runs until an hour after park closes for extended hours. So for us, the extended hours were 9-11, and the monorail ran until 12. (Good thing, too; my mom tripped on a planter and hit here head hard on the concrete, so we had an extended stop at First Aid and didn't make it to the monorail until 11:30. Thankfully, she's fully recovered!)

We did it last week! Monorail runs until an hour after park closes for extended hours. So for us, the extended hours were 9-11, and the monorail ran until 12. (Good thing, too; my mom tripped on a planter and hit here head hard on the concrete, so we had an extended stop at First Aid and didn't make it to the monorail until 11:30. Thankfully, she's fully recovered!)
Glad your mom is ok! That sounds scary.

I know that this has been asked many times, but with so many "pre-C" things coming back recently....any rumors on in room dining? Would love to have the Twilight Feast back for our stay in July!

I know that this has been asked many times, but with so many "pre-C" things coming back recently....any rumors on in room dining? Would love to have the Twilight Feast back for our stay in July!
We're staying CL next week. This is one thing I will be asking the club-level cast members about. I would be happy with carry-out for the Twilight Feast.

I think I took the long way around🤷🏼‍♀️ When I was there several years ago I remembered a sign pointing to the TTC. Maybe they removed some for some reason.

Excited to share that I've officially booked my first Poly stay to split with POFQ in May (well, technically, I rented a DVC confirmed reservation and I'm still waiting for it to be transferred to my name, but I've pretty much booked it). I'll be doing a split stay with POFQ for my 40th birthday. The Poly is my bucket list resort, so I thought I'd splurge a little for a special trip.

Which DVC building would you suggest if you want to be fairly close to the lobby and want a decent view? It looks like maybe Tokelau is a good choice? My room is a standard view, so I'm not expecting anything spectacular but I know some rooms are better than others. Are higher floors typically preferred?

Excited to share that I've officially booked my first Poly stay to split with POFQ in May (well, technically, I rented a DVC confirmed reservation and I'm still waiting for it to be transferred to my name, but I've pretty much booked it). I'll be doing a split stay with POFQ for my 40th birthday. The Poly is my bucket list resort, so I thought I'd splurge a little for a special trip.

Which DVC building would you suggest if you want to be fairly close to the lobby and want a decent view? It looks like maybe Tokelau is a good choice? My room is a standard view, so I'm not expecting anything spectacular but I know some rooms are better than others. Are higher floors typically preferred?
Tokelau is definitely the best option for standard view. It's centrally located and close to amenities (GCH, pool, etc) and the TTC walking path. You can even get lucky with a fireworks view room if your turn on your balcony (I believe 3910 - 3915? Around those numbers).

Pago Pago isn't bad, but half the rooms overlook a parking lot. Moorea is further from amenities, but very close to the TTC walking path.

DVC got the newest longhouses with the conversion so all the rooms have a patio (ground level) OR balcony (second and third floor). You can request based on preference, but you will definitely have an outdoor space unlike the cash rooms that lose a balcony on the second floor.

Has anyone who has stayed there recently spoken to Poly staff about what happens if you really dislike your view due to construction? Saw this on the Poly FB board today and 😳😱View attachment 733980
Honestly, I’m flabbergasted that Poly hasn’t yet created its own “construction view” room category if it wants to keep rooms with this kind of view open. Would make it so much easier for prospective guests and for the CMs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter