Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Questions:
1. Trash
2. Shower Head
1. The Trash Cans are fairly small but there are two of them about roughly the same size, one in the bathroom and the other next to the fridge (trash/recyclables daul can)
1661082385066.png
The resort does a good job of obscuring any large trash cans as I don't recall seeing any and couldn't find any on maps and walk-through videos. I've only seen standard trash cans for minor trash.
1661082528240.png
2. The shower head doesn't detach.

I hope this information helps you in your decision.

Will be there at the end of October with a 9 month old and almost 3 year old and staying in standard room. Have figured out sleeping arrangements (I’ll ask for extra pillows or bed rolls and will share a bed with toddler, husband in other bed, will bring travel bassinet for baby).

Questions:
1. How big are trash cans? I’ve read housekeeping is every other day, so afraid dirty diapers will quickly pile up. Should I bring garbage bags for extra trash and is there a easy to reach place to throw trash away. Note- I always bring dog waste bags to wrap dirty diapers in when throwing away in public waste containers.

2. It looks like standard Moana rooms have showers only in bathroom. Are they detachable shower heads? My toddler is scared to stand under a shower, so I would need to bring bath rinse cup if it’s not detachable. Also, how do you bath an infant in shower? Just have one person hold in shower while the other washes baby? Or is there something portable to purchase

3. We will be there on Halloween. Has anyone heard of special resort Halloween activities or trick or treating?
My room had a tub in December /new moana room. Call and request a tub and say it’s due to having small children .

There are large garbage cans everywhere outside so if needed you can dump your bag as you head out during the day.

When you get your room pop in and check you did get a tub. If not go check in and request one. Usually requests get met but if overlooked it’s better to request again vs struggling with a shower.

Side note, my dd loved showers! I laid a towel on the floor next to our tub/shower. I washed her by dunking her in the shower , soaped her and rinsed. Then I would lay her on the towel and wrap her loosely. I kept the curtain open so she could see me. I turned up the temp and quickly finished washing myself. Then I would take her in to my room and get myself dressed then her. Dh took her in a shower at 2 weeks old lol! She loved it. Most times we did give her a bath in a baby tub but she liked the shower so we did that sometimes too.

Ds did not like showers so I bought a tiny inflatable one ring pool. It was only like 24” round? I would put that in the floor of the shower and let it fill up. Then I would plop him in it and showered in the stall next to his . We did this camping. I could check on him by peeking under the shower wall. He did this summers age 2 and 3. By 4 he liked showers and went with his dad instead.

The things families have to do !

My room had a tub in December /new moana room. Call and request a tub and say it’s due to having small children .

There are large garbage cans everywhere outside so if needed you can dump your bag as you head out during the day.

When you get your room pop in and check you did get a tub. If not go check in and request one. Usually requests get met but if overlooked it’s better to request again vs struggling with a shower.

Side note, my dd loved showers! I laid a towel on the floor next to our tub/shower. I washed her by dunking her in the shower , soaped her and rinsed. Then I would lay her on the towel and wrap her loosely. I kept the curtain open so she could see me. I turned up the temp and quickly finished washing myself. Then I would take her in to my room and get myself dressed then her. Dh took her in a shower at 2 weeks old lol! She loved it. Most times we did give her a bath in a baby tub but she liked the shower so we did that sometimes too.

Ds did not like showers so I bought a tiny inflatable one ring pool. It was only like 24” round? I would put that in the floor of the shower and let it fill up. Then I would plop him in it and showered in the stall next to his . We did this camping. I could check on him by peeking under the shower wall. He did this summers age 2 and 3. By 4 he liked showers and went with his dad instead.

The things families have to do !
In addition to the inflatable pool option, they also make travel baby baths that collapse flat for the suitcase.

To be honest, with the potential for construction noise during naptime (assuming pp plans to go back to the room for day naps versus napping in stroller) I'd prioritize requesting a room away from the construction versus a room with a bath and just make do with one of the portable bath options.

In addition to the inflatable pool option, they also make travel baby baths that collapse flat for the suitcase.

To be honest, with the potential for construction noise during naptime (assuming pp plans to go back to the room for day naps versus napping in stroller) I'd prioritize requesting a room away from the construction versus a room with a bath and just make do with one of the portable bath options.
Yep noise was a nap killer lol!

Will be there at the end of October with a 9 month old and almost 3 year old and staying in standard room. Have figured out sleeping arrangements (I’ll ask for extra pillows or bed rolls and will share a bed with toddler, husband in other bed, will bring travel bassinet for baby).

Questions:
1. How big are trash cans? I’ve read housekeeping is every other day, so afraid dirty diapers will quickly pile up. Should I bring garbage bags for extra trash and is there a easy to reach place to throw trash away. Note- I always bring dog waste bags to wrap dirty diapers in when throwing away in public waste containers.

2. It looks like standard Moana rooms have showers only in bathroom. Are they detachable shower heads? My toddler is scared to stand under a shower, so I would need to bring bath rinse cup if it’s not detachable. Also, how do you bath an infant in shower? Just have one person hold in shower while the other washes baby? Or is there something portable to purchase

3. We will be there on Halloween. Has anyone heard of special resort Halloween activities or trick or treating?
I don’t have any useful answers for you but…..

We were there on Halloween in 2015. I was 38 weeks pregnant! It was my parents, husband, myself and our son who was 6. We had so much fun. Characters were there in costume. Stitch for sure and I believe others. They had activities and gave out treats. We headed into the Halloween party and weren’t there all night but it was very fun while we were there. I know it was awhile ago and pre Covid but it’s a great memory of mine so I thought I’d share the photos. Hopefully someone has something more recent to share.

Attachments

• C7C51B33-A4C3-4738-8553-59E2FBC59684.jpeg
    C7C51B33-A4C3-4738-8553-59E2FBC59684.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 19
  • CB07CAD6-935F-48E4-9878-8785EAF78751.jpeg
    CB07CAD6-935F-48E4-9878-8785EAF78751.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 0C82D0B5-F5DA-4CC7-85FB-7C2DC6E3E426.jpeg
    0C82D0B5-F5DA-4CC7-85FB-7C2DC6E3E426.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 18
  • C0832911-5E0F-4BA1-970D-5302951AA8A5.jpeg
    C0832911-5E0F-4BA1-970D-5302951AA8A5.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 49B90759-7965-4906-A295-6406285776EA.jpeg
    49B90759-7965-4906-A295-6406285776EA.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 18

You've gotten some good answers here. But I'll add in my own two cents. I stayed in a TPV room with a 5 year old and a 20 month old.

A) Make ground floor the only request. Seriously. The elevator is TINY and a double stroller barely fits. (we moved from a 2nd floor to a 1st floor room after 1 night) EDIT: The elevators were tiny in that building...I assume they're tiny in all of them

B) The trash cans are your standard hotel room trash cans and on the small side. But there are trash cans at practically every door.

C) We didn't bathe the 20 month old every day and just made it as quick as humanly possible. Got a face cloth wet with soap and just scrubbed her. Her hatred of the shower made no sense considering she loved every spray feature at the splash pad.

Upcoming trip for Labor day weekend. I have a question about watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. There was a smaller beach between the Poly and the Luau location - is that still open to use? Or has it been closed off for the construction?

1661181807242.png

Disney Begins Removing Luau Cove from Polynesian Resort Signage, Keeps Magical Express

luau-cove-removed-signage-6.jpg
This last photo has Lilo's Playhouse labeled. I thought it had been closed. Can anyone confirm? Also, there's multiple "You are Here" signs all over this photo. What's up with that?

Upcoming trip for Labor day weekend. I have a question about watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. There was a smaller beach between the Poly and the Luau location - is that still open to use? Or has it been closed off for the construction?

View attachment 696066

That area is still open at the moment, but be warned the show audio is not really that good from there. Great quiet spot if you don’t need the audio, but most will find the main beach a better “show.”

This last photo has Lilo's Playhouse labeled. I thought it had been closed. Can anyone confirm? Also, there's multiple "You are Here" signs all over this photo. What's up with that?

Attention to detail at its finest I guess with the You Are Here. I mean, that’s pretty bad.

Lilo’s is still closed as a kids care area, but they still sometimes use that space for various recreation activity things at times.

That area is still open at the moment, but be warned the show audio is not really that good from there. Great quiet spot if you don’t need the audio, but most will find the main beach a better “show.”
Thanks so much. Trying to avoid the crowds, I have not been to the main beach in a while, does it still get pretty crowded?

Thanks so much. Trying to avoid the crowds, I have not been to the main beach in a while, does it still get pretty crowded?

I guess “crowded” is subjective, but does it tend to draw a crowd? Yes. Park like crowds? No. Generally speaking there’s plenty of room to spread out/maneuver around (if you don’t mind a little sand). The window where you can see the castle between islands and the first Bungalow is a tad narrow and where everyone crams, but if you’re OK not seeing the castle itself, there are usually plenty of places to spread out.

Hope that helps.

Heading back to the Poly for a few nights in December pre cruise. A few questions I have..
1. Is room service back up and running?
2. Is daily mousekeeping back?
3. Anyone been there at Christmastime… so they have any holiday themed activities going on for kids/families?
4. Do they provide audio for Christmas fireworks like they do the regular shows?
5. Should I assume construction will still be ongoing at this time and consider this when requesting room location?

Thank you!!

Also has anyone else had a terrible time with the Hollywood studios buses? They seem to always take 40 min or so to show up on the way back to the Polynesian and the app frequently has no bus status available. We’d just get an Uber if we knew they’d be so late but the lack of status makes it hard to make the right call, especially tonight when it was thundering and the ride share pickup is so much further way.

Heading back to the Poly for a few nights in December pre cruise. A few questions I have..
1. Is room service back up and running?
No it has not returned
2. Is daily mousekeeping back?
Not daily except for CL in Hawaii bldg and Tonga Suites
3. Anyone been there at Christmastime… so they have any holiday themed activities going on for kids/families?
Good question...
5. Should I assume construction will still be ongoing at this time and consider this when requesting room location?
Yes until mid to late 2024 when the new DVC building is scheduled to open

Dave

4. Do they provide audio for Christmas fireworks like they do the regular shows?

Pre-Covid they did and post-Covid they did at CR, so I 'assume' Poly did too, maybe someone who was there during the holiday after hours event last year can chime in just to confirm recent experience. Or someone who has been there recently on a MNSSHP night.

Also has anyone else had a terrible time with the Hollywood studios buses? They seem to always take 40 min or so to show up on the way back to the Polynesian and the app frequently has no bus status available. We’d just get an Uber if we knew they’d be so late but the lack of status makes it hard to make the right call, especially tonight when it was thundering and the ride share pickup is so much further way.
I always find getting buses returning from parks 10a -5p to be slow. If I arrive and no one at bus stop aka just missed it we will A) look for a bus heading to another resort close B) book a quick rideshare.

For poly we will bus to gf or Cr if we can catch one. I’d rather be moving vs standing. Then mono home from there.

This has been a problem post Covid reopening. I have done many split stays with a Boardwalk area followed by mono area resort. I have zero patience for waiting. If I won’t wait in line 40 mins for nice park ride I will not wait that long for transportation.

It is luck however so we do open RS app and look for a ride as we head for transportation, if there’s people in line you can hope it will arrive soon. An empty bus stop? Ugh hate that but then with RS you back to the resort so fast you are thankful to spend$13 .

I have stayed at AKL, wl, poly, gf,Cr,yc,bwi,blt, poly studio , S&D since reopening. It has been an issue for us at all of the resorts returning to resort. However I don’t feel like I have waiting long to get to the parks. It’s like they make sure to get you there timely but leave you at the park. 🤔

No it has not returned

Not daily except for CL in Hawaii bldg and Tonga Suites

Good question...

Yes until mid to late 2024 when the new DVC building is scheduled to open

Dave
Thank you.

Is it sufficient to make a simply request to be “away from construction” I may add in 1st or 3rd floor preferred. When we stayed in 2019 I recall it’s better to make a vague request vs too specific (ie exact longhouse) as it’s harder to accommodate a specific request.

Bummer about rooms service, we like getting breakfast delivered to room on early park days. Also frustrating to hear that they still aren’t offering daily mousekeeping. A “deluxe” resort should be offering “deluxe” amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter