Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you.

Is it sufficient to make a simply request to be “away from construction” I may add in 1st or 3rd floor preferred. When we stayed in 2019 I recall it’s better to make a vague request vs too specific (ie exact longhouse) as it’s harder to accommodate a specific request.

Bummer about rooms service, we like getting breakfast delivered to room on early park days. Also frustrating to hear that they still aren’t offering daily mousekeeping. A “deluxe” resort should be offering “deluxe” amenities.

What view category do you have booked?

I personally would likely opt for specific longhouse names as a request. “Away from construction” is too vague for me and construction specifics can vary…my first thought is I don’t want to leave it up to the room assignor to make that determination for me.

What view category do you have booked?

I personally would likely opt for specific longhouse names as a request. “Away from construction” is too vague for me and construction specifics can vary…my first thought is I don’t want to leave it up to the room assignor to make that determination for me.
Standard view this trip.
Last visit to Poly we were in Tuvalu, 2nd floor, theme park view. We loved it! However, that was 2019 and we felt we def got our moneys worth. With them skimping on more these days I just couldn’t pay the extra for anything more than standard. Do you have a location or longhouse your recommend requesting?

Standard view this trip.
Last visit to Poly we were in Tuvalu, 2nd floor, theme park view. We loved it! However, that was 2019 and we felt we def got our moneys worth. With them skimping on more these days I just couldn’t pay the extra for anything more than standard. Do you have a location or longhouse your recommend requesting?
I requested Rarotonga or Niue for our upcoming trip in a standard view room since those are on the opposite side of the main building from the construction. All other buildings with standard view rooms (Tuvalu, Figi, and Aotearoa) have potential construction views/noise.

A “deluxe” resort should be offering “deluxe” amenities.
Only the Grand Floridian is currently offering Private Dining (room service). Only the GF still has Private Dining since the NBA 2020 bubble season. YC also had it for the NBA season until the BC opened and then they stopped.

The only Standard view rooms that would be furthest away from the new DVC building and it's new pool would be in Rarotonga (about ~90 roosm) or Niue (only 33 rooms total).

Dave

Only the Grand Floridian is currently offering Private Dining (room service). Only the GF still has Private Dining since the NBA 2020 bubble season. YC also had it for the NBA season until the BC opened and then they stopped.

The only Standard view rooms that would be furthest away from the new DVC building and it's new pool would be in Rarotonga (about ~90 roosm) or Niue (only 33 rooms total).

Dave
Thanks! Appreciate it. I’ll def make a request for either of those.
Can you remind me the most updated way to communicate requests? In 2019 I placed in booking notes but also faxed the resort a couple days prior. Is that still a thing?

You've gotten some good answers here. But I'll add in my own two cents. I stayed in a TPV room with a 5 year old and a 20 month old.

A) Make ground floor the only request. Seriously. The elevator is TINY and a double stroller barely fits. (we moved from a 2nd floor to a 1st floor room after 1 night) EDIT: The elevators were tiny in that building...I assume they're tiny in all of them

B) The trash cans are your standard hotel room trash cans and on the small side. But there are trash cans at practically every door.

C) We didn't bathe the 20 month old every day and just made it as quick as humanly possible. Got a face cloth wet with soap and just scrubbed her. Her hatred of the shower made no sense considering she loved every spray feature at the splash pad.
Thank you so much tips, especially for the tip on the elevators and to request first floor! We will be bringing the double stroller.

I don’t have any useful answers for you but…..

We were there on Halloween in 2015. I was 38 weeks pregnant! It was my parents, husband, myself and our son who was 6. We had so much fun. Characters were there in costume. Stitch for sure and I believe others. They had activities and gave out treats. We headed into the Halloween party and weren’t there all night but it was very fun while we were there. I know it was awhile ago and pre Covid but it’s a great memory of mine so I thought I’d share the photos. Hopefully someone has something more recent to share.
Awww, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

My room had a tub in December /new moana room. Call and request a tub and say it’s due to having small children .

There are large garbage cans everywhere outside so if needed you can dump your bag as you head out during the day.

When you get your room pop in and check you did get a tub. If not go check in and request one. Usually requests get met but if overlooked it’s better to request again vs struggling with a shower.

Side note, my dd loved showers! I laid a towel on the floor next to our tub/shower. I washed her by dunking her in the shower , soaped her and rinsed. Then I would lay her on the towel and wrap her loosely. I kept the curtain open so she could see me. I turned up the temp and quickly finished washing myself. Then I would take her in to my room and get myself dressed then her. Dh took her in a shower at 2 weeks old lol! She loved it. Most times we did give her a bath in a baby tub but she liked the shower so we did that sometimes too.

Ds did not like showers so I bought a tiny inflatable one ring pool. It was only like 24” round? I would put that in the floor of the shower and let it fill up. Then I would plop him in it and showered in the stall next to his . We did this camping. I could check on him by peeking under the shower wall. He did this summers age 2 and 3. By 4 he liked showers and went with his dad instead.

The things families have to do !
Thanks for the info! I’ll request a tub. Great idea for pool ring to bath the baby in. He still doesn’t have great head control so even bathtub without his bath chair would be a challenge.

1. The Trash Cans are fairly small but there are two of them about roughly the same size, one in the bathroom and the other next to the fridge (trash/recyclables daul can)
View attachment 695653
The resort does a good job of obscuring any large trash cans as I don't recall seeing any and couldn't find any on maps and walk-through videos. I've only seen standard trash cans for minor trash.
View attachment 695654
2. The shower head doesn't detach.

I hope this information helps you in your decision.
Thank you very much! This does help.

Thank you so much tips, especially for the tip on the elevators and to request first floor! We will be bringing the double stroller.

It was sooo much easier with the double stroller on the ground floor. We could basically just roll on out

So we have a reservation at Polynesian this week. Grandma has decided to come and she has her park ticket But we are not able to add her to the room. I believe it would be one over the recommended amount of people but we have three kids under 12 and are easily able to manage with her sleeping with the kids. Any suggestions on how we could get her magicband+ added as a room key? If we ask would they do it? We just want her to be able to get in with us 30 min early at the parks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

So we have a reservation at Polynesian this week. Grandma has decided to come and she has her park ticket But we are not able to add her to the room. I believe it would be one over the recommended amount of people but we have three kids under 12 and are easily able to manage with her sleeping with the kids. Any suggestions on how we could get her magicband+ added as a room key? If we ask would they do it? We just want her to be able to get in with us 30 min early at the parks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Disney is a hard no with having more people than stated amount allowed. Only way is if 1 of the kids is under 3.

If she stays herself at mother resort ( I have done with mil) I give her one of my spare MBS to use. If you don’t have one , ask for a key card at the desk. Just tell them you prefer it for yourself or one of the kids. Then mom could borrow that to visit.

Due to the Fire Code, they won't be able to add the extra person if the room's maximum occupancy is 5 and you already have 5 guests on the reservation.

Staying at the Poly in 10/23. I’m nervous about the construction. Has anyone been there during previous construction that can share how it impacted the vibes?

Staying at the Poly in 10/23. I’m nervous about the construction. Has anyone been there during previous construction that can share how it impacted the vibes?
There has been no construction like this since 1969-71 with the initial resort build out. The new DVC building is a large 5 story tower which requires pilings to be pounded into the earth and then lots and lots of steel hung.

This is why it will be late 2024 before this massive addition opens.

Dave

Hi all! Staying at the Poly for the first time early next year. We’re psyched!

Question, I saw online that there are “Princess Suites” better suited to larger families however when booking I don’t see these listed (even as not available).

Do these still exist? And all suites are showing unavailable for 3/31-4/4, do they generally sell out completely pretty far in advance?

Thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter