Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, friends: for those who have tried either/both: If you had the choice, would you have dinner at Ohana or order the twilight feast to your room?

I am one of those people that don't quite "get" Ohana... although maybe that has just come with familiarity/repeat trips. But the Twilight Feast in our room (especially if the room has a good view) - sign me up!

Okay, friends: for those who have tried either/both: If you had the choice, would you have dinner at Ohana or order the twilight feast to your room?
I'm only 1 for 3 on good experiences at Ohana. I've been twice for breakfast and once for dinner. One of the breakfasts was a good experience, the other breakfast and dinner were not. During those 2 we had to wait forever to be seated and then we were seated in awkward spots and the service was very slow. Both of those times the restaurant was very busy. The one good experience was a slow day, many empty tables. I'm with @GADisneyDad14, I don't get the hype.

I've had the Twilight Feast once and it was great! So much food! If you want a nice relaxing night, I would go for that!

We did both the last time we were at Poly. The food was slightly better when we went to Ohana, I think just because it was fresh off the grill, but the Twilight Feast was very good also. You can't go wrong with either one!

@mickeynut1, I am so happy for you! You are always so kind & encouraging to everyone with your responses. I hope you have a delightful trip! And I look forward to reading all about it!:)

Aww thank you so much, that is very sweet of you to say :blush:.

Have stayed at the Poly before and LOVE it, but first time trying CL, so will definitely report back after my trip ::yes::.

Have a wonderful trip!!

When I go down in February (staying at AOA that trip as it's just one night before a cruise) my flight is 6:45am (but still the first flight out) and I'm opting to use some Hilton points and stay at a Hampton Inn near LGA so I don't have to be up AS early as I would to get a car from Brooklyn.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Good thinking on the hotel near the airport if it gives you a little extra snooze time :cloud9:.

I hope you have a great time too! I know we will be there at the same time. Are you doing MNSSHP? We had to switch from Thursday to Friday. Hope the weather holds out!

Thanks!! And I hope you have a great time as well :goodvibes. When do you arrive?

We are doing the party on Thursday night. I agree about the weather.....fingers crossed nothing hinders either of the party nights ;).

I am also going back and forth on Twilight Feast vs Ohana! I feel like the kiddos would enjoy the restaurant, but I'd enjoy eating in my PJs :rotfl2:

The restaurant is enjoyable, but so is comfort :laughing:.

I would do Ohana at least once in the restaurant for the experience but we always do twilight feast now. It is much cheaper for us since we only have to order one adult order of it. our kids wont eat anything with it so we just pick up a pb&j from captain cooks for them first.

Aww thank you so much, that is very sweet of you to say :blush:.

Have stayed at the Poly before and LOVE it, but first time trying CL, so will definitely report back after my trip ::yes::.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Good thinking on the hotel near the airport if it gives you a little extra snooze time :cloud9:.

Thanks!! And I hope you have a great time as well :goodvibes. When do you arrive?

We are doing the party on Thursday night. I agree about the weather.....fingers crossed nothing hinders either of the party nights ;).

The restaurant is enjoyable, but so is comfort :laughing:.
We arrive early Thursday morning and will be hanging out at the Poly until the afternoon. Maybe with a spiky pineapple!

Twilight feast! It’s a ton of food for a fraction of the price! Don’t order for all in the party. I’d do half as you’ll have leftovers! Enjoy!

Edit to post.....11 more days!!!

Can we talk about transportation options to the parks from the Poly? I know the major ones, but I think I don't quite understand the boat options. Here is what I think I understand:

Poly to MK: Hop on resort Monorail, get off at MK
Poly to Epcot: Hop on TTC monorail, transfer to Epcot monorail

I think there is a ferry boat to MK option, but I don't quite understand it. Where do you pick up the boat? Is it a different boat than the ferry you can take from the TTC to MK?

Also I believe that the only way to get from the Poly to Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs is by bus (or by getting an Uber/Lyft or Minnie Van)--correct?

Thank you in advance!

Can we talk about transportation options to the parks from the Poly? I know the major ones, but I think I don't quite understand the boat options. Here is what I think I understand:

I think there is a ferry boat to MK option, but I don't quite understand it. Where do you pick up the boat? Is it a different boat than the ferry you can take from the TTC to MK?

Also I believe that the only way to get from the Poly to Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs is by bus (or by getting an Uber/Lyft or Minnie Van)--correct?

Thank you in advance!
There is a boat that runs from GF to Poly to MK. This is different than the ferry from TTC and very convenient. You catch the MK boat at the marina, sort of behind the pool. It’s the best!

We prefered walking to TTC then monorail to Epcot but you can totally monorail to the TTC then Epcot if you’re looking to avoid steps.

Correct on the rest, only bus or private transportation to the other stops from Poly. You can always monorail to Epcot then boat over to Hollywood Studios however.

Thank you in advance!

I'm going to give a rundown (and repeat some of what @hereforthechurros said) just in case....

Poly to MK
1) Resort Monorail (will make a stop at GF before continuing on to the MK station)
2) Resort Launch (small boat that runs in a Poly-MK-GF loop, departs from Poly marina)
3) Walk to the TTC and take a) the MK Ferry (large two-story boat), b) the Resort Monorail, c) the Express Monorail

#1 & #2 are going to be the preferred options for most.

Poly to Epcot
1) Walk to TTC and take the Epcot Monorail
2) Resort Monorail from Poly to TTC (will stop at GF, MK, CR, then TTC), transfer to the Epcot Monorail

#1 is your best bet unless walking a medium distance is a concern. Note, both options require two security screenings... once before boarding the Resort or Epcot monorail and then again at the Epcot front entrance (an unfortunate byproduct of the Epcot monorail station setup).

Poly to AK/HS/DS
1) Bus

Hope that helps!

We arrive early Thursday morning and will be hanging out at the Poly until the afternoon. Maybe with a spiky pineapple!

We will be hanging at the Poly as well! We have the party Thursday night, so we're planning to hang at the resort in the morning/afternoon and head to MK around 4pm :goodvibes.

Edit to post.....11 more days!!!

Have a great trip! :wizard:

I'm going to give a rundown (and repeat some of what @hereforthechurros said) just in case....

Poly to MK
1) Resort Monorail (will make a stop at GF before continuing on to the MK station)
2) Resort Launch (small boat that runs in a Poly-MK-GF loop, departs from Poly marina)
3) Walk to the TTC and take a) the MK Ferry (large two-story boat), b) the Resort Monorail, c) the Express Monorail

#1 & #2 are going to be the preferred options for most.

Poly to Epcot
1) Walk to TTC and take the Epcot Monorail
2) Resort Monorail from Poly to TTC (will stop at GF, MK, CR, then TTC), transfer to the Epcot Monorail

#1 is your best bet unless walking a medium distance is a concern. Note, both options require two security screenings... once before boarding the Resort or Epcot monorail and then again at the Epcot front entrance (an unfortunate byproduct of the Epcot monorail station setup).

Poly to AK/HS/DS
1) Bus

Hope that helps!

This is awesome information!
I'm sure I've read it many times already, but it's not sticking . . . Which is the best way to MK for PPO events like an ADR or EMM?
Is it TTC ferry?

This is awesome information!
I'm sure I've read it many times already, but it's not sticking . . . Which is the best way to MK for PPO events like an ADR or EMM?
Is it TTC ferry?

My vote (and what we've done for several EMMs) is the Resort Monorail. You need to watch hours, but it 'generally' starts running at 7am, so you have plenty of time to get to EMM on time. Here's a website that posts the current weekly Times Guide that has monorail hours: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

On one occasion we did encounter a monorail mechanical closure which sent us scrambling for Plan B. We opted for a cab to CR then walked over. Walking over to the TTC to take the Ferry would have been an option too, just takes time for the walk. I guess point being, it's not a bad idea to have Plan B in mind and be ready to pull the lever if needed based on any unexpected situations you encounter that morning.

Hope that helps.

My vote (and what we've done for several EMMs) is the Resort Monorail. You need to watch hours, but it 'generally' starts running at 7am, so you have plenty of time to get to EMM on time. Here's a website that posts the current weekly Times Guide that has monorail hours: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

On one occasion we did encounter a monorail mechanical closure which sent us scrambling for Plan B. We opted for a cab to CR then walked over. Walking over to the TTC to take the Ferry would have been an option too, just takes time for the walk. I guess point being, it's not a bad idea to have Plan B in mind and be ready to pull the lever if needed based on any unexpected situations you encounter that morning.

Hope that helps.
Thank you!

We did both the last time we were at Poly. The food was slightly better when we went to Ohana, I think just because it was fresh off the grill, but the Twilight Feast was very good also. You can't go wrong with either one!

This makes complete sense, but strangely enough, our last 'Ohana meal was truly terrible (cold, dry as a bone, overcooked meat), whereas the last Twilight Feast was perfection.

Go figure? :confused3 I'd never expect a room service meal to be significantly better than the same meal served in the dining room, but that was our experience. Of course that's just one person's experience, for whatever that's worth.

This makes complete sense, but strangely enough, our last 'Ohana meal was truly terrible (cold, dry as a bone, overcooked meat), whereas the last Twilight Feast was perfection.

Go figure? :confused3 I'd never expect a room service meal to be significantly better than the same meal served in the dining room, but that was our experience. Of course that's just one person's experience, for whatever that's worth.

We've had our issues in the past at Ohana as well. We had a terrible meal there in June, but when we stayed at Poly in September the Twilight Feast was so good we decided to give it another try and it was great.

I’m really grateful to hear people’s experiences with ohana and the twilight feast (although I wish everyone could say they thoroughly enjoyed both!)

right now we have an ohana breakfast on day 2 or 3 and an early dinner on our last night. i think i’ll keep the ADRs, but earlier in the week we’ll probably order the feast one evening. once we’re getting close to the end of our trip, we’ll see how we feel about dinner at the restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter