Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the pools fenced in?
Are pool view rooms noisy?
Thinking of requesting (I know it's just a request) for Samoa building. I'd like to be in the action at the resort and also close to the ceremonial building.

Thanks for all the help.

Are the pools fenced in?
Are pool view rooms noisy?
Thinking of requesting (I know it's just a request) for Samoa building. I'd like to be in the action at the resort and also close to the ceremonial building.

Thanks for all the help.

Both pools are fenced and require MBs to open the gates.

Noisy is relative I guess - I’ll leave that one for others to respond. :-)

Did you book a Pool View room?

Yes both pools are fenced with a Touch point access on the gate.

Yes for the Lava pool and really loud in the afternoon when activities are happening.

What type of room do you have booked to see how it matches with the Samoa longhouse.

Dave

The Tuvalu longhouse is a good location for a TPV. There is nothing directly in front of the North side of the longhouse, that's right no ugly Bungalow over water blocking the direct view. There is no beach between the longhouse and the Seven Seas Lagoon, just a dock or what is commonly called a sea wall to stop wave erosion from the marina area.

Note: Second floor rooms do not have a balcony so I would suggest you request a 3rd floor room unless you want a patio on the 1st floor.
Note: If you want a patio there are only 4 rooms that are TPV.

Dave

Thanks. I saw somebody post a picture of a theme park view room in the Hawaii building and all you could see was bungalows and palm trees. I requested a high or upper floor. I had a standard view room in Aotearoa on the third floor and had pretty good view of the park and fireworks. Thanks again for the info.

Both pools are fenced and require MBs to open the gates.

Noisy is relative I guess - I’ll leave that one for others to respond. :-)

Did you book a Pool View room?
I booked a standard view which according to tikimanpages has the opportunity to be a pool view. So I was thinking or "requesting" samoa/pool view

Yes both pools are fenced with a Touch point access on the gate.

Yes for the Lava pool and really loud in the afternoon when activities are happening.

What type of room do you have booked to see how it matches with the Samoa longhouse.

Dave
Just a standard room. Is it true that unlike other resort room categories, standard can also get a pool view?

Thanks. I saw somebody post a picture of a theme park view room in the Hawaii building and all you could see was bungalows and palm trees. I requested a high or upper floor. I had a standard view room in Aotearoa on the third floor and had pretty good view of the park and fireworks. Thanks again for the info.
And aotearoa wasn't too far from ceremonial building and monorail?

I booked a standard view which according to tikimanpages has the opportunity to be a pool view. So I was thinking or "requesting" samoa/pool view

Unfortunately that’s some old/outdated info. Poly introduced a bookable “Pool View” view category late last year. The exact rooms that are in this room category are subject to a bit of debate, but most, if not all of Samoa is generally considered by many to be Pool View now.

Others on this thread can help with just which longhouses we tend to think have most of the Standard View rooms.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Unfortunately that’s some old/outdated info. Poly introduced a bookable “Pool View” view category late last year. The exact rooms that are in this room category is subject to a bit of debate, but most, if not all of Samoa is generally considered by many to be Pool View.

Others on this thread can help with just which longhouses we think have most of the Standard View rooms.
Thank you for that info. We are just booking standard but hoping to get a decent view of something other than a tree but also be close to the ceremonial building to be able to grab drinks quickly.

Just a standard room. Is it true that unlike other resort room categories, standard can also get a pool view?
Not exactly, with Disney it just means you booked the lowest tier of room. That may be parking lot, garden view, pool view or even a lagoon view. It is very tricky at the Polynesian with the recent changes to actually break out a Pool View for this year and 2019.

And aotearoa wasn't too far from ceremonial building and monorail?
Just a short walk, about 2 min to GCH, 3 min to boat launch and 3 minutes to Monorail station on the 2nd floor of the GCH. A walk to the TTC is about 6 minutes.

Dave

Thank you for that info. We are just booking standard but hoping to get a decent view of something other than a tree but also be close to the ceremonial building to be able to grab drinks quickly.
Aotearoa is a great longhouse for many guests. On the one side is one of the best Standard view areas with the Monorails right out side of your windows (they are quiet, unlike the boats). On the north side are now a mix of Theme Park view, Lagoon view and Standard view rooms.

It is a quick walk right to the Captain Cook patio entrance at the GCH.

Dave

Hi all! Would adults or people who’ve stayed overnight at the poly recommend it for those without kids or a family yet? Going to Disney on a honeymoon and always wanted to stay here but didn’t know how it was with amenities such as the pools and such. I’ve been here many times to eat and for drinks etc and obviously the resort grounds are nice I just didn’t know if someone would recommend it or not for part of a honeymoon stay (majority of it being spend at the boardwalk inn). Thanks in advance!:)

Hmm, my personal view is that you could do better for an Adults only vacation (Honeymoon) than the Polynesian. I would suggest that you you were looking for something different from the Boardwalk Inn (BWI) that you try the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is a great resort where you plan to spend just quite time and enjoy the resort.

If you really want to try the Polynesian, let us know and we can offer more information on all the unique details / features of the great Polynesian Village.

If you are going to parks, then I would suggest that you stay at the BWI with it being close to Epcot and HS and the world showcase in Epcot is nice to explore in the evenings.

What time of year would you be traveling as that may impact the feedback?

Dave

Hi all! Would adults or people who’ve stayed overnight at the poly recommend it for those without kids or a family yet? Going to Disney on a honeymoon and always wanted to stay here but didn’t know how it was with amenities such as the pools and such. I’ve been here many times to eat and for drinks etc and obviously the resort grounds are nice I just didn’t know if someone would recommend it or not for part of a honeymoon stay (majority of it being spend at the boardwalk inn). Thanks in advance!:)

Hum... I really liked Poly, but if I were to recommend it to anyone, based on my experience this past week, it would be for people with younger kids. I don’t think you’d have a bad time there, though. In my personal opinion, I would recommend GF if it’s just the 2 of you! Good luck deciding, enjoy and Congrats!

The Poly is our favorite place to stay without the kids. It has the best bars on property, the Oasis pool is awesome and it's easy to get to both MK and Epcot.

Hmm, my personal view is that you could do better for an Adults only vacation (Honeymoon) than the Polynesian. I would suggest that you you were looking for something different from the Boardwalk Inn (BWI) that you try the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is a great resort where you plan to spend just quite time and enjoy the resort.

If you really want to try the Polynesian, let us know and we can offer more information on all the unique details / features of the great Polynesian Village.

If you are going to parks, then I would suggest that you stay at the BWI with it being close to Epcot and HS and the world showcase in Epcot is nice to explore in the evenings.

What time of year would you be traveling as that may impact the feedback?

Dave
Hey Dave thanks for the reply! We are going the first week of October, we will be at the poly that sat and sun night (Columbus Day weekend), were staying at bwi the rest of the week and I’ve stayed at the yacht club so I know how awesome that location is! Thanks for the recommendation for AKL, I would definitely love being on the monorail as one perk of the poly. How did you like the poly for yourself? Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

October may have fewer large groups of families with school age children. We also love the Polynesian and have spent many years staying there simply do to location, location, location and the beautiful grounds. A walk by torch lights in the evening is great. The Monorail is a great way to leave the driving to others while visiting the MK resorts for drinks, dinner, and desert sampling.

Dave

Hum... I really liked Poly, but if I were to recommend it to anyone, based on my experience this past week, it would be for people with younger kids. I don’t think you’d have a bad time there, though. In my personal opinion, I would recommend GF if it’s just the 2 of you! Good luck deciding, enjoy and Congrats!
Thank you very much! That’s a great suggestion thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter