Status
Not open for further replies.
20161115_112700_zpsdztmgzpz.jpg
20161115_112719_zpsmf9qitle.jpg
20161115_113012_zpsmbn6y93y.jpg
20161115_113334_zpsfmfztzwu.jpg

20161115_113241_zpsnuidwtol.jpg
f5a0db61-7e3d-4968-9f8f-d8bedb2830b1_zpsveihijce.jpg

Had to share in my excitement after reading through the board over the past few months; just had my dvc request accepted and subsequently paid. First stay at the Poly coming this May! :earboy2:

Same for us! Just heard today that our DVC rental came through for early May! We've stayed in regular rooms at the Poly twice before but I wasn't sure we would get a studio this late. Having fun tonight reading through this thread and catching up on the 'new Poly'!

Have fun trip planning!

I just asked TIkiman and he said Samoa or Rarotonga....anyone ever stayed in these???

We've stayed first floor in Rarotonga and loved our patio. We had a nice grassy buffer between us and the parking lots and got to watch the monorail go by! Very convenient for eating and transportation.

Same for us! Just heard today that our DVC rental came through for early May! We've stayed in regular rooms at the Poly twice before but I wasn't sure we would get a studio this late. Having fun tonight reading through this thread and catching up on the 'new Poly'!

Have fun trip planning!
We just rented points for march in a studio a few weeks ago. I was shocked it was still available at less than 5 months out- and during spring break.

We just rented points for march in a studio a few weeks ago. I was shocked it was still available at less than 5 months out- and during spring break.
Don't be.

DVC high season is September - marathon. DVC members generally avoid spring break (high point cost) and summer. Poly is a big resort. February-August, save for actual holidays, tends to be the easiest time of year to book all but the lowest inventory rooms.

Don't be.

DVC high season is September - marathon. DVC members generally avoid spring break (high point cost) and summer. Poly is a big resort. February-August, save for actual holidays, tends to be the easiest time of year to book all but the lowest inventory rooms.

Thanks! That's good to know for future trips; maybe for the 2021 celebration!

Thanks! That's good to know for future trips; maybe for the 2021 celebration!
It's still good to try to book at 7 months, and how Poly shakes out when it sells through entirely is hard to predict. It will probably still be okay for spring break for a while, though.

Don't be.

Good to know. We just actually bought DVC yesterday. :cheer2:(Assuming Disney doesn't take it in ROFR). We bought OKW, but plan on doing POLY some trips also.

Has anyone shipped items from Amazon to poly recently for there stay? How long did it take to get your package once you arrived?

Here today and the Christmas decorations look great! Headed to wilderness lodge now to see if their tree is up also :)

Hope you're having a great time! :santa:

I'll be headed that way later too! :)

Have fun! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great pics :santa:

Just heard today that our DVC rental came through for early May!

How exciting! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We just actually bought DVC yesterday. :cheer2:(Assuming Disney doesn't take it in ROFR). We bought OKW, but plan on doing POLY some trips also.

Congrats on your DVC purchase! :)

Has anyone shipped items from Amazon to poly recently for there stay? How long did it take to get your package once you arrived?

I can't answer your question, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Where to go to rent DVC for the Poly ? I have checked on Davids but is there any place else I dont know about?

:scratchin
We checked in yesterday and received some MAJOR pixie dust. Upgraded from a standard view to a theme park CL! Loving it!

So happy for you!!!!:woohoo:

Out of curiosity, did you have any requests on your reservation? I'm curious because I'm hoping for something like this for my parents and I'm waffling between making a request for them or keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get something good.:scratchin

:scratchin

So happy for you!!!!:woohoo:

Out of curiosity, did you have any requests on your reservation? I'm curious because I'm hoping for something like this for my parents and I'm waffling between making a request for them or keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get something good.:scratchin

Thank you! We were excited, considering it was our anniversary/AP expiration trip! (And I paid rack rate lol) I actually requested a balcony and Aotearoa, because we had the top corner room last year and it was perfect - standard view with a view of the castle. However, neither was met because they were apparently booked solid. We had to 'settle' for a second floor CL. No balcony, but I got over it pretty quickly. lol

I would say make a request. Even if it isn't granted, you tried :) There really are no bad views, I think. I would definitely stay away from first floor though - the walkways are pretty close to the sliding doors.

We are back from our amazing stay at the Polynesian. We had the most perfect location. Everything was a step away. I loved the welcome basket in our room! The room size was big and perfect. The twilight feast was amazing. A child's portion was enough for 2 adults and 2 little kids. It was $28 with tax. Two other nights we got one adult portion and both times we had too much food. We were able to just get chicken and shrimp, as well as get an extra loaf of bread. The portion size from the kids to an adult was identical except for one less pot sticker, and two pieces less of meat, so instead of 4 of each kind, you get 2 of each kind.. however, it's still a plate full of meat when you open the lid, on the same amount of rice. I would recommend two kids portions, b/c that way you are getting twice the juice, bread, salad, noodles/veggies, and only for about $10 more than one adult price...if you need it! I looked at the photos of one adult portion before we left and thought, why is everyone saying they get so much, it doesn't look like that much... well once you are there you're like oh wow, it's a lot!! Eating it in the room was amazing. DH initially thought it would be better at the restaurant. But with the kids, it made it stress free for me and i could sit on the bed in peace and quiet and enjoy the best food ever. -that's why i ordered it 3 nights! Their pools were great, the service was great, the location was amazing. We had stayed at the GF on the last two trips, and the Yacht Club, and i thought the Poly was too crowded but it was not. It was perfect! It's now on my must stay list. I loved visiting Sunset Point where we got married. It was great to take th kids up there to get pics.. and to the Halloween party there. I would love to know... what is the exact mattress in the standard room.. i wish i could sleep on that at home!

Thanks for your review! Do you know how early you can order the Twilight Feast? 'Ohana opens at 5 so I'd assume not before then. Also, about how long did it take to arrive at the room after ordering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter