Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - we have a sudden chance for a last minute visit so I apologize if these are repeat questions! What’s the experience like at the Poly right now - is the Great Ceremonial House under construction inside or just outside? Is the construction visible/audible from the DVC side or pool area? Has the splash pad reopened and is the pool bar opened?

It’s not a far walk from the DVC side to the TTC for the monorail, right? Is boat service to MK and other resorts up and running?

If the impact to the DVC side is fairly minimal I think we’ll jump at the chance for a first time stay. But if it feels like a construction zone we’ll look elsewhere. (We know Ohana and Trader Sams are closed and that doesn’t bother us.) Thanks so much for any input!

Hi all - we have a sudden chance for a last minute visit so I apologize if these are repeat questions! What’s the experience like at the Poly right now - is the Great Ceremonial House under construction inside or just outside? Is the construction visible/audible from the DVC side or pool area? Has the splash pad reopened and is the pool bar opened?

It’s not a far walk from the DVC side to the TTC for the monorail, right? Is boat service to MK and other resorts up and running?

If the impact to the DVC side is fairly minimal I think we’ll jump at the chance for a first time stay. But if it feels like a construction zone we’ll look elsewhere. (We know Ohana and Trader Sams are closed and that doesn’t bother us.) Thanks so much for any input!

I’ll take a stab at your questions.

The three DVC longhouses are on the TTC side of Poly, so it’s a close walk to catch the monorail or MK ferry there.

The Poly resort boat to MK is running. It is sometimes just between Poly/MK and sometimes its normal MK/GF/Poly loop.

There are also buses running to MK since the Poly monorail station is closed.

The splash pad reopened this past week.

The Barefoot Pool Bar at the Lava Pool is open. The Oasis Pool Bar & Grill is still closed.

The GCH construction is outside only, nothing inside at the moment or announced.

Hotel room renovation work started on the GF side of the resort and has moved over to the middle longhouses (closest to the DVC side) at the moment. I have not been since early March to see first hand, but there are a few walls and such up that slightly impact movement around the grounds. Pretty easy to still maneuver around through.

Whether it feels like a construction zone or feels like “minimal” impact is going to be a pretty personal observation, unfortunately. Personally, I thought it was fine and there is still much about Poly to enjoy. We stayed a couple of times during the 2013-2015’ish work and that was far more substantial than what’s going on now. The bulk of the work is sort of (key word) out of site or not really in areas you’re spending a lot of time.

But it is not perfect and I do think guests should manage expectations. I think there’s a bit of a benefit to being there at the moment with only part of the resort in operation (lower crowds, quieter vibe, etc), but in other ways I actually miss the vibe that comes along with more people around the resort. With proper tolerance for it not being a perfect Poly experience, I have no qualms with going now. But others may feel differently.

Hope that helps!

I’ll take a stab at your questions.

The three DVC longhouses are on the TTC side of Poly, so it’s a close walk to catch the monorail or MK ferry there.

The Poly resort boat to MK is running. It is sometimes just between Poly/MK and sometimes its normal MK/GF/Poly loop.

There are also buses running to MK since the Poly monorail station is closed.

The splash pad reopened this past week.

The Barefoot Pool Bar at the Lava Pool is open. The Oasis Pool Bar & Grill is still closed.

The GCH construction is outside only, nothing inside at the moment or announced.

Hotel room renovation work started on the GF side of the resort and has moved over to the middle longhouses (closest to the DVC side) at the moment. I have not been since early March to see first hand, but there are a few walls and such up that slightly impact movement around the grounds. Pretty easy to still maneuver around through.

Whether it feels like a construction zone or feels like “minimal” impact is going to be a pretty personal observation, unfortunately. Personally, I thought it was fine and there is still much about Poly to enjoy. We stayed a couple of times during the 2013-2015’ish work and that was far more substantial than what’s going on now. The bulk of the work is sort of (key word) out of site or not really in areas you’re spending a lot of time.

But it is not perfect and I do think you guests should manage expectations. I think there’s a bit of a benefit to being there at the moment with only part of the resort in operation (lower crowds, quieter vibe, etc), but in other ways I actually miss the vibe that comes along with more people around the resort. With proper tolerance for it not being a perfect Poly experience, I have no qualms with going now. But others may feel differently.

Hope that helps!
Lol I found this very reassuring for our upcoming trip! Great answer!

That would be great!

Landed around 1245 had our room assigned about 30 minutes later.

Requested Tokelau with Moorea second got neither. Room at Pago Pago is just fine.

Amazon order was delivered before I got here. You have to call bell services (option 2) and they’ll deliver it. They told me no pickups. Beer was delivered no problem (thought I’d have to be there to show ID)

Magical express line spanned the entire terminal level (no lie)...got an Uber for $32... well worth it.

Did Hollywood studios yesterday...lines were short for everything. Bus from the Poly was at the stop when we got there so no wait. Bus back was also at Hs when we got there so no wait to get back. Got to Hs around 330...left at 7 doing every ride and even made a pit stop at the baseline tap.

The Polynesian is incredible. Did the lava pool for a few hours. There’s two brown barriers up but there’s access to the oasis pool on the side. Splash pad was open. It’s not crowded at all which is great. Watched the electrical water pageant last night. Sat at the beach last night with a few beers before a storm rushed in. Aside from the front of the ceremonial house construction isnt an issue.

Mobile ordered Kona for breakfast. Had the Tonga Toast and macadamia pancakes...both were great.

Coffee makers are regular grounds and filters for the person who asked a few pages back

Took some cool photos from the beach last night but having problems uploading them

Last edited:
Mobile ordered Kona for breakfast. Had the Tonga Toast and macadamia pancakes...both were great.
Ok cool I didnt know this!! I thought we had to have reservations for Kona?? We have kind of a late breakfast reservation on our Epcot day & i was mildly stressing trying to find an earlier one! Can we just order food whenever from Kona?

Ok cool I didnt know this!! I thought we had to have reservations for Kona?? We have kind of a late breakfast reservation on our Epcot day & i was mildly stressing trying to find an earlier one! Can we just order food whenever from Kona?

In the app, search Kona and click on the To Go option. We ordered to go for breakfast almost every day on our last trip. I will miss that option if it ever goes away when things get back to normal.

1EEDD81C-1435-4B46-A544-DC032C8ED6BC.png

Honestly even if I liked the overall Wilderness Lodge theme (not into the craftsman thing myself - plus if I want to experience the Pacific Northwest, I'll go TO the Pacific Northwest - not to a hotel in Florida), that reno IMHO is not even on the same league. It looks cheesy (seriously with the "Camp" and "Cabins" signs??) and not what I'd expect in a Deluxe Resort.

(And yes, I'm sure there are people who say the same about the Poly. But to me, it's much classier and more calming.)
HA! this is EXACTLY why my family didn't want to stay there! we live in Portland and my wifes like "uh this looks like where we live"!

In the app, search Kona and click on the To Go option. We ordered to go for breakfast almost every day on our last trip. I will miss that option if it ever goes away when things get back to normal.

View attachment 569247

Do you know how far away you can be before you order To Go? Like could I do it from GF? I have a Kona dinner reservation one night but am considering this option instead so I can just take it back to my room at GF and watch the water pageant from the balcony. :)

We are in the early stages of planning our 2022 trip. Thinking about going in either September or early November. Staying at the Poly our whole trip is out of the budget, but I love this resort and want to take my kids there so thinking of doing a split stay. Right now we are thinking of just booking one night at the Poly on our rest day in the middle of our trip. Our thinking is we would just stay at and enjoy the resort for our rest day from the parks. The one question I have though is can we use the pool on the day we check in if our room isn't ready yet? Thanks!

We are in the early stages of planning our 2022 trip. Thinking about going in either September or early November. Staying at the Poly our whole trip is out of the budget, but I love this resort and want to take my kids there so thinking of doing a split stay. Right now we are thinking of just booking one night at the Poly on our rest day in the middle of our trip. Our thinking is we would just stay at and enjoy the resort for our rest day from the parks. The one question I have though is can we use the pool on the day we check in if our room isn't ready yet? Thanks!

Yes, you can! Enjoy it!

Do you know how far away you can be before you order To Go? Like could I do it from GF? I have a Kona dinner reservation one night but am considering this option instead so I can just take it back to my room at GF and watch the water pageant from the balcony. :)
I ordered from Gasparillas when I was on the bus coming from Animal Kingdom. I'm sure you should be ok that close.

I don’t think mobile To Go ordering is location based, pretty sure you can do it from anywhere (someone please correct me if I’m wrong on this).

The mobile “Join Walk-Up List” feature for restaurants that offer it IS location based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter