Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking great for a June 13th inauguration Monorail stop (using my best lotto, bingo and Spanish El Gordo selelection process) lottery dates for the new Moana influenced Polynesian themed docking platform. (yet another Disney rumor).

Not to be confused with the Star Wars: Galatic Starcruiser arrival concourse aka just plain old docking pods that has seen better light years of service.

Note: It is not to late to get your dates locked in on the lottery. (not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company or any subsidiary or affiliated business or legal entities. No gift substitution or award of any value will be offered beyond bragging rights for 10 minutes or less.

Dave

did they move you because no rooms are ready?

Yes. We made the reservation last June. A few weeks later we got an e-mail that Poly wouldn't be available for our trip but they would contact us 30 days out to move us to a comparable resort at no additional cost to us. We got the call about 60 days out.

I just tried searching this whole thread for both "balcony" and "balconies" but only one post showed up. :crazy2:

Based on what I did see, it looks like all DVC units have a balcony (or terrace). Is it still true that the second floor of the regular Poly rooms do not have balconies? Thanks.

I just tried searching this whole thread for both "balcony" and "balconies" but only one post showed up. :crazy2:

Based on what I did see, it looks like all DVC units have a balcony (or terrace). Is it still true that the second floor of the regular Poly rooms do not have balconies? Thanks.

True!

Interesting. I wonder why they didn't give them all balconies.
Normal construction methods in the late 60s did not include balconies on the second level. Only the newer building that were later converted into the DVC units were built with balconies on the 2nd floor.

The building footings don't support retroactively adding balconies during any of the remodels over the year.

Dave

Normal construction methods in the late 60s did not include balconies on the second level. Only the newer building that were later converted into the DVC units were built with balconies on the 2nd floor.

The building footings don't support retroactively adding balconies during any of the remodels over the year.

Dave

I thought it had to do with cultural beliefs in some South Pacific cultures? I vaguely remember hearing something like that. (kind of like the 13th floor stuff)

Does anyone know if they still sell this mug at the poly? We bought one when we stayed there at couple of years ago and tragically one of my kids dropped it a few days ago. I can’t find it anywhere online. 567627

I CANNOT wait to see this all completed! It’s been 27 years since I’ve stayed at the Polynesian. It’s definitely changed A LOT since then. I still remember being amazed by the parrots in the lobby! I’ve been to Poly since then for dinner and tonga toast of course, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to cry when I get to stay there again. It’s going to bring back the memories of the trip that started my love and obsessions with all things Disney.

Lol, sorry - not my usual style. I'm just a little down on Disney seemingly not doing much of ANYTHING new lately. With some exceptions, resort amenities and available dining options property wide haven't really changed all that much since reopening.

I know, due time and all, we'll get there, guest demand needs to consistently be there, it's a pandemic, etc... but I'm ready for more things to be open to spread people around/give people more things to do, get favorite CMs back to work, etc. Time to shake some things lose, IMO. :-)
I agree they need to open more to spread people out and get CMs back to work. When they hit their “magic number” I spose that’ll happen.

Have a CHEERFUL day!! 😁

Last edited:
I CANNOT wait to see this all completed! It’s been 27 years since I’ve stayed at the Polynesian. It’s definitely changed A LOT since then. I still remember being amazed by the parrots in the lobby! I’ve been to Poly since then for dinner and tonga toast of course, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to cry when I get to stay there again. It’s going to bring back the memories of the trip that started my love and obsessions with all things Disney.
That's what Disney is all about. Memories. We have never stayed there but I know my DS is going to cry when we get there. So then I will be crying just to know I fulfilled one of his dreams which is staying at the Polynesian 😭:woohoo:

That's what Disney is all about. Memories. We have never stayed there but I know my DS is going to cry when we get there. So then I will be crying just to know I fulfilled one of his dreams which is staying at the Polynesian 😭:woohoo:

I can’t wait to hear how your trip goes! I’m surge it will be very magical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter