Disneys new seasons are a bit much!!!!

Soon they will be charging you for the air you breathe down there, and then they will add a surcharge onto that during peak times. This is absurd!!!!!! Even I never thought of this one. I will never pay for a dining plan, will only get it if it is free, and I sure would'nt pay $47 a night per adult for it.
I bet with the higher price for the Dining Plan, the Free Dining promotion will be more restricted than in the past.

Not sure what all the fuss is. If I'm not mistaken the new rate structure took effect in 2008 when Disney upgraded their reservation systems. That change finally allowed adjust the daily rate of your stay across weekends and rate seasons.

I cannot for the life of me find the rate seasons in the new layout on the Disney site...HELP!

Jackie

Where did you find the new season list for 2010?

Here is a post I made in another thread a few minutes ago. I think I was trying to post here, but had both pages open and put in that one accidently, lol. But, it's relevant in both threads. Anyway, I've just copied and pasted the info from that thread so you can find the new rates and season info. Hope those who need it find it helpful! :goodvibes

Okay, just go to http://www.mousesavers.com and just there on the front page is the following on the right side of the page. The words Value, Moderate, etc are links you can click on to get to that kind of resort:

LATEST NEWS & HOT DEALS
AS OF 8/2/09

I'm currently compiling Walt Disney World resort 2010 rate charts. So far I've completed the Value, Moderate, Ft. Wilderness, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge charts.

Hope this is helpful for those not finding the info yet!

I have 2 days of summer season booked right now. The rest fall into value. Chances are some kind of deal will come out. They always have during our previous trips, so I am not that concerned about the current rates. Where did you find details on the DDP? Any other changes other than the price increase?

Yeah, OP, I find it completely insane as well. I mean, here we are in the midst of the worst economy in years, and they are creating all these complicated pricing tiers, adding on weekend rates, etc etc? Just seems crazy to me!

Where did you find details on the DDP? Any other changes other than the price increase?

I can't remember where exactly the 2010 dining info was relayed. I know it is on WDW Magic, Mouse Misers and a few other places. The price increase does not surprise me, what surprised me (in a, "Wow, that's interesting" kind of way) was the two different prices for the same plan. No other changes. Still no appetizers, still no tips. The other dining plans remained exactly the same too, well the QS went up in price.

Having higher hotel rates on weekends makes sense from a business standpoint, and a lot of hotels in touristy areas have higher rates on weekends.

The DDP dates are a little baffling to me though. Easter is 4/18 next year, yet the higher pricing for DDP ends the week prior. I thought Easter week was one of the busiest times at WDW, you'd think they'd charge the higher rate during that week, not end it the week before.

I take it that stays that span multiple seasons, which many or most will with all these crazy seasons, will have different rates for different nights.

Didn't it used to be the case that your rate for your whole stay depended on the "season" for your first day? Maybe that's not the rule anymore -- it was the last time I had a room only reservation. But that would be a real mess with these new seasons.

Having higher hotel rates on weekends makes sense from a business standpoint, and a lot of hotels in touristy areas have higher rates on weekends.

The DDP dates are a little baffling to me though. Easter is 4/18 next year, yet the higher pricing for DDP ends the week prior. I thought Easter week was one of the busiest times at WDW, you'd think they'd charge the higher rate during that week, not end it the week before.

Easter is April 4th in 2010...so that's why the DDP rates change to the lower rate the week of 4/11...

Also lark, Disney charges you a different rate per day, doesn't matter what day you check in...you pay more for holidays and weekends. If you check in during value and check out during regular, you're paying for both seasons.

Easter is 4/4 next year, so those of us with the traditional Easter break go back to school on 4/12. I assume that's why the rates drop on 4/11.

I take it that stays that span multiple seasons, which many or most will with all these crazy seasons, will have different rates for different nights.

Didn't it used to be the case that your rate for your whole stay depended on the "season" for your first day? Maybe that's not the rule anymore -- it was the last time I had a room only reservation. But that would be a real mess with these new seasons.

Yes, you're correct. In fact, our 7 night stay in Feb includes three different rates!

I do miss the days when we arrived on a "value" day and were able to have that rate for the entire stay. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

I noticed the dining rate for 8/15 was priced value, I wonder if this is when the bounceback date will start. Bounceback, was the 23rd last trip...but free dining was bounced earlier than usual to 8/16. I really hope bounceback starts the 15th that would be great for my family and my DD's B-day is the 16th

The new DDP looks like it will follow the old resort rule of: pay according to the season you check in for your whole stay, even if the season changes mid-trip. Kind of stinks for mid-August travelers (summer into value), but works in favor of others.

Oh no, I didn't notice that. Well I am hoping for free dining anyway. If we get it, I will be making a room only ressie for our first 2 days. That will save us that extra charge. Guess it is just a waiting game now though. I have a very long wait for free dining to be announced, if it is announced.

I think Disney is looking for ways to make up for 4/3 rates, free dining, and all the other discounts. I can't imagine free dining makes Disney any money....so...this is what comes next:confused:

True, in a sense. Yet I am sure 2010 will come with very similar deals, so really they aren't going to make up for anything. I wonder just how many people actually pay rack rate? My DH told me about someone who went last August during free dining. I asked if they were happy to have free dining, he said they didn't get it, they didn't even know there was such a thing. I wonder just how many people like that there are. I am thinking most do research, but just guessing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter