Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center Now Located in Terminal *B*

Chip 'n Dale Express

Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o
Okay folks, it's OFFICIAL!

The DME Welcome Center is now located at Terminal B, Level 1.

Will there be signs?
No. Orlando International Airport will not allow for signs.

Will there be Cast Members?
Yes. There will be cast members in the old area to direct guests to the new area.

The current DME desk is right below SW baggage claim. Where is the approximate location of the new desk? Should be go directly to level one and then walk or would it be faster to walk on level three to a specific escalator/elevator and then go to level one?

It's a shame Disney can't get signage.

If you are inside, and looking outside, it will be towards your right, 3/4 of the way down I believe.

Directly below United/Ted, US Airways, and Northwest.

If I am getting off of American Air which way would I go after exiting shuttle.

Hugpug said:
If I am getting off of American Air which way would I go after exiting shuttle.

You would go across to Terminal B (must be on level 3 to do this) then proceed to Level 1 and follow to DME Welcome Center.

So if I'm flying SWA, I need to take the elevator to Level 3 and then go to Terminal B (where's that? Do I have to take the monorail?) and then down to 1st level?

simba2 said:
So if I'm flying SWA, I need to take the elevator to Level 3 and then go to Terminal B (where's that? Do I have to take the monorail?) and then down to 1st level?

SWA arrives on Side A of the terminal. You will get on the monorail, then when you get off the monorail, you will be headed directly for the main terminal. The two sides are plainly marked. You will be on Level 3 at this point. Walk over to Side B, then take the escalator down to level 2 (baggage claim) and then I take the elevator down to Level 1, ground transportation. But, this is only for after Oct 3...until then DME is on Side A.

The airport is roughly in the shape of an X, but on it's side. The top side would be side A, the bottom side would be side B, but they are joined completely in the middle of the X by the main terminal. Each arm of the X has a bunch of gates on it.

Found this link for anyone who may be confused about where to go. It's got a few different views of the layout of MCO and also one which says which airlines land on which side.

nja33 said:
Found this link for anyone who may be confused about where to go. It's got a few different views of the layout of MCO and also one which says which airlines land on which side.

Thanks for the link....that's going to be very helpful to a lot of people!!!

ok going on Oct 12, flying SW . do I still go down to baggage claim (getting my own bags) on A-side then go over to DME on B-side or will bags be on B-side baggage claim

Your bags will still go to Side A. That was the big issue for us that arrived on Side B...we had to go down to level 2 on Side B if we wanted our luggage, then go back up to level 3 and cross to Side A and then go down to level 1 to get DME. That's the big reason I never claimed my own luggage before getting on the bus. It was way too much hassle. You may want to just let DME get your luggage and take it to the resort for you.

For anyone still worried about where they're going once off the plane, the new Magical Express packets have a map of the 3rd level of the airport. They even show the path you'll take depending on where you get off the plane.

nja33 said:
For anyone still worried about where they'd going once off the plane, the new Magical Express packets have a map of the 3rd level of the airport. They even show the path you'll take depending on where you get off the plane.

THIS is GREAT news since I could not make head nor tail of all this info! :upsidedow Now I just haffa wait for my package to come :thumbsup2

It does sound confusing when it's just 'words'. However, when you get your DME packet, with the airport info in it, and then get to the airport, it will all be much clearer!! Have no fears. I know that it took me a trip or two before I could actually understand what the heck was going on with the whole Side A and Side B thing!!!

I guess I'm in the same situation for our trip in November.

We are flying American Airlines which arrives on side "A". We then have to pick up our luggage (we are arriving late) level 2, side A. Then go back up to level 3, side A then cross over to side B to head down to level 1, side B for magical express.

Is that correct?

CAJUNWDWFAN said:
I guess I'm in the same situation for our trip in November.

We are flying American Airlines which arrives on side "A". We then have to pick up our luggage (we are arriving late) level 2, side A. Then go back up to level 3, side A then cross over to side B to head down to level 1, side B for magical express.

Is that correct?
Yep!!

Thanks so much for that confirmation. I guess we will experience what the other people used to have to do before they make this change.

Last time we used DME, we arrived at MCO at an early time so it was no problem for Disney to handle our luggage. This time we are arriving late as I previously stated.

After you get off the airport monorail in the main terminal, and after you exit security look to one side and you will see a big (like 2 foot) neon A on the wall not too high up. Look to the other side and you will see a neon B. Walk over to and under the neon letter to find the escalators going down.

seashoreCM said:
After you get off the airport monorail in the main terminal, and after you exit security look to one side and you will see a big (like 2 foot) neon A on the wall not too high up. Look to the other side and you will see a neon B. Walk over to and under the neon letter to find the escalators going down.

It is actually very simple, isn't it. Too many people put too much thought into side A and B (not picking on anyone in particular). All you have to do is follow signs. MCO is very easy to navigate, IMO. One trip, I hustled to the A side to check National's selection on the EA over there. I then met my family at baggage on the B side as our bags came out. We then went on to National's area on the B side to pick our car. I did some walking, but no biggie...

Duds

The problem is too many people, incorrectly, think there are actually two seperate terminals or that the A and B side are far apart.

When you get off the tram you are only a few feet from the imaginary line that seperates the A and B side of the terminal. A passenger arriving on an A airline will basically be walking to the B side INSTEAD of walking to the A side. The only issue will be with those passengers who claim their own baggage.

dudspizza said:
It is actually very simple, isn't it. Too many people put too much thought into side A and B (not picking on anyone in particular). All you have to do is follow signs. MCO is very easy to navigate, IMO. One trip, I hustled to the A side to check National's selection on the EA over there. I then met my family at baggage on the B side as our bags came out. We then went on to National's area on the B side to pick our car. I did some walking, but no biggie...

Duds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter