Disneys Hollywood Studios about to change forever

I don't have much to add to this, but in case anyone is skeptical I can confirm that the last day for Studio Backlot Tour is indeed 9/27.

Also it is noted that "We are working on other developments for that area, as well, and we look forward to sharing more details at a later date."

This is the best news we've had in quite a while! My guess is they will start on a Pixar expansion in that area after the holiday season (after Osborne Lights are finished). I just hope this means a couple new attractions, not just something small.

The Star Wars expansion is likely to take up the area where Indy is on the other side of Star Tours.

The big question now is what is the timeline? Will they do the Pixar place expansion and then start on the Star Wars expansion? Or are they going to do both at the same time? That would basically shut down half of the park, so that seems like an unlikely scenario....but who knows!?

The title of this thread seems a bit odd..

All the link represents is an article by one of countless bloggers engaging in what-if based on the speculation of the backlot tour closing.

Although it may happen (the backlot closing, not the desired expansions) there has been no official announcement from Disney.

The title of this thread seems a bit odd.. All the link represents is an article by one of countless bloggers engaging in what-if based on the speculation of the backlot tour closing. Although it may happen (the backlot closing, not the desired expansions) there has been no official announcement from Disney.
The internal disney systems have revealed to all CMs that the attraction will have last operations 9/27/14. This is confirmed. A lot of things have been closing in DHS, obviously something is coming and something big. DHS is also rumored to get another name change. Star Wars and pixar expansion are rumored. Multiple sources have confirmed the backlot is closing. Disney keeps taking things away from a park with a small amount of attractions already. Also this is all happening at the end of fiscal 2014 for disney fiscal 2015 starts in October this all makes complete sense.

If true, this is great news...Star Wars expansion would be great! Park needs a facelift.

Disney world gets everything!!!! Why cant they do something fun out here on the west coast! :(

You're welcome to the Frozen ride that half of us don't want :laughing:

While I'm a little sad to see the backlot tour go, I'm not at all surprised. I first took that tour in '98 and not too much has changed (except Residential St/Lights, Motors, Action). If indeed this is for Star Wars or an expanded Pixar Place (or both), then I think it's a huge positive for DHS.

Hoping this is true. MGM was my favorite park as a kid but now it's fairly dated. I'll be happy to see an update!

So with so much closed at Hollywood Studio's i am sure prices for tickets will drop for a while.:lmao::rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear what will be changing. The backlot tour was neat but wasn't a spectacular thing either.

I'm so happy that this waste of space is going away. A Pixar expansion seems like the best fit for Hollywood Studios. The Paris version looks pretty badass.

Perhaps that Source guy was right. This park needs something, it doesn't have enough attractions that people need to do during their vacation.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285443

1. Like Rteetz said this is due to Fiscal year 2015 which starts October.

2. The AIE is being used for Oaken's Winter Wonderland, but some of the area behind the building that is part of the Backlot will be used as well.

3. Lights! Motor! Action! not going anywhere from now, but it is on death row as well.

1. Like Rteetz said this is due to Fiscal year 2015 which starts 2015. 2. The AIE is being used for Oaken's Winter Wonderland, but some of the area behind the building that is part of the Backlot will be used as well. 3. Lights! Motor! Action! not going anywhere from now, but it is on death row as well.
3. Not surprising that show hasn't changed and just isn't that good after seeing it once.

Indiana jones is also in question.

Sorry to see Backlot Tour go, I enjoyed that tour very much. It was great for showing what is behind all the magic. DD was amazed to see the real sewing room of costumes.

That said, we are excited to see that they add something new to HS. That park needs more attractions!! I hope we get something related to Cars, Star Wars, Disney Junior or villains.

Pretty sure this isn't being torn down for Star Wars Land, as it's the wrong location compared to the existing attraction.
Looking at it's location there are three possible areas that could be expanded. Pixar Place, Mickey Avenue (really hoping for this one) or even a Muppet area. On the other hand we could get a brand new area, perhaps Arrendale or something completely unexpected.

This news is causing all of us to have high expectations. Does Disney have the same high expectations? Time will tell. I for one certainly hope they do and do something that actually exceeds our expectations.

Hopefully the expansion of Pixar Place will utilize all the great movies and not just Toy Story. I would love to see attractions based on The Incredibles. Up, Wall-E, etc. A Monster's Inc. roller coaster has been mentioned in the past would love to see that and attractions based on some of the upcoming movies as well. The Star Wars expansion should be incredible as well. Ideally I would like to see both expansions happen at the same time but that would seriously limit attractions in the park although they are pretty limited as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter