(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they give you any more info about what/where the "preferred" seating is? Not sure I've seen anyone report about it yet.

They said that the cabanas had been destroyed and the replacements weren't in yet. There was no offer of a "replacement" cabana at GF. The three options we were given were:

1. Cabana at CR (if available)
2. Preferred seating at GF (by splash area), which would include padded seating (maybe they were referring to what is pictured above?), large umbrella, snack bag, and full refund of cabana cost
3. Specialty fireworks cruise including snacks (no upcharge)

I did see those seats when I was there. Not sure if they are preferred. I do know they have all new lounge chairs!

They said that the cabanas had been destroyed and the replacements weren't in yet. There was no offer of a "replacement" cabana at GF. The three options we were given were:

1. Cabana at CR (if available)
2. Preferred seating at GF (by splash area), which would include padded seating (maybe they were referring to what is pictured above?), large umbrella, snack bag, and full refund of cabana cost
3. Specialty fireworks cruise including snacks (no upcharge)

Ahh, ok. #2 is the below. There is only one of these. The red umbrella is much larger when extended, makes a bunch of shade. This would be great for folks with splash pad age kids, but probably not so much for other folks.

Splash Area Reserved Seating.JPG

To help visualize where this thing is, it's the red circle in the pic below.
Cabana Aerial.jpg

Hope that helps!

Hello everyone! We’re staying at the GF for the 1st time in November! I’d like to ask if it’s true that the SL building rooms were all updated. Thanks so much!

Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

The lounge space itself is open all of the time. It's an open area on the 4th floor that overlooks the main lobby, has seating in various places, etc. Here's the handout with hours of services/offerings (accurate as of April but I suspect has not changed). Note that even though it says lounge hours are 7-10, the lounge space never closes - you could sit in the lounge at midnight if you so desire (there just aren't CMs or food/beverage offerings available).

This is one reason (of many) why I love RPC! Being in the main building is convenient, but having the lounge itself available 24/7 makes it nice to be able to sit and relax anytime and take in the beautiful surroundings :cloud9:.

What time does the TTC - Epcot monorail start?

Monorail hours can change week to week, so you need to grab the Times Guide for the week you are there for the current hours. The Times Guide is available in the lobby and at the parks.

This website also posts it regularly: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see, for this week, the Epcot line starts at 7:30AM every day. But again, things can change so paying attention to the Times Guide is important.

Hope that helps!

Monorail hours can change week to week, so you need to grab the Times Guide for the week you are there for the current hours. The Times Guide is available in the lobby and at the parks.

This website also posts it regularly: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see, for this week, the Epcot line starts at 7:30AM every day. But again, things can change so paying attention to the Times Guide is important.

Hope that helps!
That is really handy to have ahead of time. We are going to be at WDW in a few days. Will the quide change to the new week tomorrow?

I'm booking for mid-August. Anyone know if there've been pool refurbs in the past that went far after expected dates?

The original end date for the Beach pool had been end of Feb, but I saw here that someone got the notice for an April stay.

I am wondering if I should switch to another resort. I think we'd be making heavy use of the pool (and slide) in August.

Good morning! I've been up for an hour already, and can't seem to go back to sleep, so I thought I'd stop in and ask a question.

I was wondering what offerings the Chef typically makes in the RPC lounge. I heard he makes Mickey Waffles from @GADisneyDad14, which I'm very excited about!! But what about other days? How many days is he typically in the lounge during the week? Thank you so much!

PS - we are down to 29 days till our vacation starts!!! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Well, I'm now booked for August! If the slide pool isn't done by then, we'll just hang out in the other one.

Couldn't pass up the trip. We stayed at Poly last and I enjoyed it, but thought it would be fun to try something new.

Looking forward to reading the thread more. :)

We are arriving for a medical conference at the GF Nov 15th. From what I understand we have a garden view room. Can anyone suggest what the best building may be for a GV ? It doesn't matter to us if it's close to the food court or monorail, we would just like a room that may have been recently updated with a pretty view. Any help is appreciated.
I returned from a conference at GF last month. We were put in garden view room Boca Chica. We had an excellent view of resort and courtyard pool. Lagoon was out back door of lobby.

I returned from a conference at GF last month. We were put in garden view room Boca Chica. We had an excellent view of resort and courtyard pool. Lagoon was out back door of lobby.
Thanks so much for that info. Would you happen to remember the room number?

Good morning! I've been up for an hour already, and can't seem to go back to sleep, so I thought I'd stop in and ask a question.

I was wondering what offerings the Chef typically makes in the RPC lounge. I heard he makes Mickey Waffles from @GADisneyDad14, which I'm very excited about!! But what about other days? How many days is he typically in the lounge during the week? Thank you so much!

Bumping your post so others might be able to help :flower3:.

we are down to 29 days till our vacation starts!!! :goodvibes

:yay: :yay:

Well, I'm now booked for August! If the slide pool isn't done by then, we'll just hang out in the other one.

Couldn't pass up the trip. We stayed at Poly last and I enjoyed it, but thought it would be fun to try something new.

Looking forward to reading the thread more. :)

Congrats on your August trip! The GF is amazing overall, so I'm sure you'll have a great time even if the beach pool is still closed. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Hi all! Here now! Got some Pixie Dust and we are staying in Sugar Loaf! Very nice surprise. Because I am a GF virgin I did not even realize it until we walked in after dinner!

So quick answers I hope... where to watch he fireworks from the resort? We were thinking boat launch dock?

Hi all! Here now! Got some Pixie Dust and we are staying in Sugar Loaf! Very nice surprise. Because I am a GF virgin I did not even realize it until we walked in after dinner!

So quick answers I hope... where to watch he fireworks from the resort? We were thinking boat launch dock?
Yes that is the best place.

I’m not sure what the sound is like from the resort launch (have not tried it), but the outdoor seating area around Gaspys / the marina is a good spot with sound.

So the boat launch dock was crowded with kiddios but I find that endearing listening to them but after about 3 minutes they are done with the fireworks! I think we need to see them in the park on Saturday night to get the full effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter