(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I will be on the lookout in August! Can you buy it in the gift shop? I know I have bought the shampoo that they have at the Poly-have never stayed at the GF so I'm wondering if they have it there? I think it was the H2O brand? Really liked the way it smelled!

Hmmm I will be on the lookout in August! Can you buy it in the gift shop? I know I have bought the shampoo that they have at the Poly-have never stayed at the GF so I'm wondering if they have it there? I think it was the H2O brand? Really liked the way it smelled!
It is H2O brand, but I am not sure if it was in the gift shop or not. It is a mint scent, so it not the same as the shampoo, etc. It is a nice little treat for the tootsies after a long day of walking in the parks. This was our first stay that we have received this little treasure. I have heard mixed reports of some getting and some not. Fingers crossed you will get some:)

We are back from a fantastic stay where our first 8 nights we were upgraded to club level at beach club. And last two nights at the GF where we were upgraded from theme park view outer building to theme park view main building with club level. It was very neat to experience both lounges and surreal to be in the main building of the grand. Definitely a trip we will never forget! We watched the last wishes from our resort room balcony!

So I'm staying in one of the outer buildings at GF and I have a reservation at Victoria and Albert's on Saturday night. Looking at the weather its saying its supposed to rain that night. Does anyone know if the restaurant will send a golf cart to pick us up so we can stay dry getting there?
We had the pleasure of a ride from bell services. But, it was purely fortuitous. One dark and stormy night, we were all dressed up for an ADR. I had a silk dress and gorgeous, brand new silk pumps just for the occasion! We needed to travel to the Main Building from our spot in Boca Chica, but there was a long-lasting tropical downpour and most paths in the area were flooded with inches of water. A couple had just checked in to their room and the cart was still outside Boca. The CM saw us in our finery and offered his driving services! If not for that newly-arrived couple, I think we'd be still standing in front of Boca Chica! However, the ferocity of that particular storm was outrageous. It was also rare. Afternoon and evening thunder storms are a constant theme during warmer months. They rarely last very long, though. Bring an umbrella and you'll be just fine. If you are concerned, don't wear the silk shoes!

Last edited:

We are back from a fantastic stay where our first 8 nights we were upgraded to club level at beach club. And last two nights at the GF where we were upgraded from theme park view outer building to theme park view main building with club level. It was very neat to experience both lounges and surreal to be in the main building of the grand. Definitely a trip we will never forget! We watched the last wishes from our resort room balcony!

Congrats on your upgrades!! How were you so magically lucky to be upgraded at both resorts? Did you know before you arrived each resort or was it just a surprise both times you arrived? Glad you had a great trip.

Good morning GF friends. I went to Bath and Body Works yesterday in hopes of bringing the scent of the GF into my home. I asked for the Eucalyptus rain candle. They sold out and are discontinued! I think I will just have to go back to the GF to get the "smell" in person.

Congrats on your upgrades!! How were you so magically lucky to be upgraded at both resorts? Did you know before you arrived each resort or was it just a surprise both times you arrived? Glad you had a great trip.

Beach club was a total surprise, and a fantastic one at that. Never thought it would happen to us!!

For the GF, we were given a room where the AC wasn't working. They apologized and we said no worries, we were heading to the parks anyways and could check back later that night for our room number. We also told them we understand if there's no theme park rooms left due to the last wishes and that we aren't going to complain, just need a cool place to sleep at the end of the day. We were
Surprised to find they moved us to the main building upon return. Very generous and unexpected.

Good morning GF friends. I went to Bath and Body Works yesterday in hopes of bringing the scent of the GF into my home. I asked for the Eucalyptus rain candle. They sold out and are discontinued! I think I will just have to go back to the GF to get the "smell" in person.

I know, I called around and finally found 3 and had to pay full price for them which is not something I usually do at BBW. I need to have something to smell when I return from our trip.:rotfl:

I saw in a previous post above Gasparillas now has the Coke freestyle machines. For someone that has used them, do they have any caffeine free diet pop options on the machine? In the past the fountains never had a diet caffeine free option. Thanks!

I saw in a previous post above Gasparillas now has the Coke freestyle machines. For someone that has used them, do they have any caffeine free diet pop options on the machine? In the past the fountains never had a diet caffeine free option. Thanks!

We were there this past weekend. There were many options for caffeine free and diet! We loved the machines!

I know, I called around and finally found 3 and had to pay full price for them which is not something I usually do at BBW. I need to have something to smell when I return from our trip.:rotfl:
Oh no! Now I'm going to have to go back to see if they have any more left!! Thanks for heads up.

Oh no! Now I'm going to have to go back to see if they have any more left!! Thanks for heads up.

Yes I have 3 stores in my area, the 1 closest didn't have any but another in New Jersey did. Totally worth the trip, she held them for me since there was only 3. The plug ins are plentiful, so worries about those, but I did grad a bunch just in case.

Just catching up.......the Mint Foot Scrub......LOVE IT :love: I have quite the stash leftover from my last trip. Mousekeeping was great. I would hide it in my luggage each morning and afternoon and a new tube would magically appear after regular room cleaning and turndown service :rotfl:

All of the AP/DVC preview reports for Pandora have been an interesting read. Looking forward to public opening to gauge the crowds and craziness before choosing those coveted FPs in June at the 60 day mark.

Just catching up.......the Mint Foot Scrub......LOVE IT :love: I have quite the stash leftover from my last trip. Mousekeeping was great. I would hide it in my luggage each morning and afternoon and a new tube would magically appear after regular room cleaning and turndown service :rotfl:

All of the AP/DVC preview reports for Pandora have been an interesting read. Looking forward to public opening to gauge the crowds and craziness before choosing those coveted FPs in June at the 60 day mark.

Morning, We received the Mint Foot cream too, thank goodness we always had good mousekeeping too, I leave little notes with a tip and they left me what I asked for:love:. I love the body butter cream!!

Where are you reading the reports, we're going to be there the week it opens:scared1:.

We just got back from a wonderful first stay at Grand Floridian. We usually stay at POFQ. I lurked on this thread before the trip to get tips and info. We booked a lagoon view room and were upgraded to a theme park view. That was a great way to start the trip. We were in Sago Cay. We loved looking out and seeing the castle and space mountain. We watched the last wishes from our balcony. We had seen it the night before in MK. We found the cast members to be friendly and helpful. One cast member in Gasparilla's greeted us on our first day when we went for a quick lunch before hitting Epcot. She talked with us, made sure we knew where to order the food, and checked on us to see if we had any questions. The wait staff in the Grand Floridian Café were outstanding. I want to be back there now! Next year we will probably be staying at the Contemporary just to complete staying at all 3 monorail resorts but Grand Floridian is on our list as must go back to. Now I need to read the Contemporary thread.:teeth:

Morning, We received the Mint Foot cream too, thank goodness we always had good mousekeeping too, I leave little notes with a tip and they left me what I asked for:love:. I love the body butter cream!!

Where are you reading the reports, we're going to be there the week it opens:scared1:.

LOL....I do the same. I leave a note the first day with our Mousekeeping tip envelope asking for extra shampoo and conditioner. With 3 females in the room, one little bottle of each a day is just not enough :rolleyes:

I have been reading on this thread (hope I posted this right)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-information-thread.3587311/

Be warned: This thread is HUGE!! You may want to start over halfway through and sort of scan. It is great reading thoughts about the rides, ride vehicles, food, atmosphere, etc from so many different perspectives so that you can gather info for what usually matters most for your own family.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter