• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from a wonderful first stay at Grand Floridian. We usually stay at POFQ. I lurked on this thread before the trip to get tips and info. We booked a lagoon view room and were upgraded to a theme park view. That was a great way to start the trip. We were in Sago Cay. We loved looking out and seeing the castle and space mountain. We watched the last wishes from our balcony. We had seen it the night before in MK. We found the cast members to be friendly and helpful. One cast member in Gasparilla's greeted us on our first day when we went for a quick lunch before hitting Epcot. She talked with us, made sure we knew where to order the food, and checked on us to see if we had any questions. The wait staff in the Grand Floridian Café were outstanding. I want to be back there now! Next year we will probably be staying at the Contemporary just to complete staying at all 3 monorail resorts but Grand Floridian is on our list as must go back to. Now I need to read the Contemporary thread.:teeth:

What a wonderful upgrade!! We too have always found the staff at the GF to be very kind and accommodating. :lovestruc

Morning, We received the Mint Foot cream too, thank goodness we always had good mousekeeping too, I leave little notes with a tip and they left me what I asked for:love:. I love the body butter cream!!

Where are you reading the reports, we're going to be there the week it opens:scared1:.
Ugh...it's going to be crowded for us, isn't it??!! But I'm still going to ride the Banshee ride:D! My DD18 graduated from HS today so I'm ready to go now...but DD13 still has finals this week:guilty: so I'll have to wait. Maybe I'll have time to go to my Bath and Body to see if they have the GF smell since I pretty much cleared this week to reserve time to pack! I always start packing the things like sunscreen and panchos first, but the whole process takes forever! I admit that I take too much! Im getting so excited!!:flower1:

Ugh...it's going to be crowded for us, isn't it??!! But I'm still going to ride the Banshee ride:D! My DD18 graduated from HS today so I'm ready to go now...but DD13 still has finals this week:guilty: so I'll have to wait. Maybe I'll have time to go to my Bath and Body to see if they have the GF smell since I pretty much cleared this week to reserve time to pack! I always start packing the things like sunscreen and panchos first, but the whole process takes forever! I admit that I take too much! Im getting so excited!!:flower1:

I think it's going to be crazy-crowded. I didn't even realize that Pandora was opening the week we booked the trip!

WishesQueen, I told my DD about that B&BW scent and we had to go there the next day and get that plug in for her dorm room. :rotfl:

I think it's going to be crazy-crowded. I didn't even realize that Pandora was opening the week we booked the trip!

WishesQueen, I told my DD about that B&BW scent and we had to go there the next day and get that plug in for her dorm room. :rotfl:
Are you going to be there too??!! I booked this trip a LONG time ago so I didn't know Pandora would be opening then either! Que sera, sera....whatever will be will be:o. I've had such a hard year that I really don't care at this point...I just want to get there! If I have to stay at the GF listening to the band/pianist all day because the crowds are unbearable...would that be so bad?? But I probably won't do that (the whole time) because I love rides:yay:

We just got back from a wonderful first stay at Grand Floridian. We usually stay at POFQ. I lurked on this thread before the trip to get tips and info. We booked a lagoon view room and were upgraded to a theme park view. That was a great way to start the trip. We were in Sago Cay. We loved looking out and seeing the castle and space mountain. We watched the last wishes from our balcony. We had seen it the night before in MK. We found the cast members to be friendly and helpful. One cast member in Gasparilla's greeted us on our first day when we went for a quick lunch before hitting Epcot. She talked with us, made sure we knew where to order the food, and checked on us to see if we had any questions. The wait staff in the Grand Floridian Café were outstanding. I want to be back there now! Next year we will probably be staying at the Contemporary just to complete staying at all 3 monorail resorts but Grand Floridian is on our list as must go back to. Now I need to read the Contemporary thread.:teeth:
I have stayed at all the mono resorts so pm me if need anything.

Best part about mono resorts is you can eat at each so freely so visit gaspies next trip :)

LOL....I do the same. I leave a note the first day with our Mousekeeping tip envelope asking for extra shampoo and conditioner. With 3 females in the room, one little bottle of each a day is just not enough :rolleyes:

I have been reading on this thread (hope I posted this right)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-information-thread.3587311/

Be warned: This thread is HUGE!! You may want to start over halfway through and sort of scan. It is great reading thoughts about the rides, ride vehicles, food, atmosphere, etc from so many different perspectives so that you can gather info for what usually matters most for your own family.:goodvibes

That's funny we do the same thin, especially conditioner. Thanks for the thread, I'll read through it today.

Congratulations! My DD has one more final Tuesday, but I make plans to get ready this whole week too. I so far packed DH he's the easiest, sunscreen and ponchos. Today hopefully me, the weather here has been spotty so I don't think I need anything I am packing. As for Pandora, I have an afternoon planned for AK, if its insane we have to show up for lunch at Y&Y and the girls are dying for Everest and my DS loves the safari, but then we'll high tail it out of there if its insane. I had plans to return later that night after dinner to check it out in the evening, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Does she love it? I hope they bring the candles back next spring.

Are you going to be there too??!! I booked this trip a LONG time ago so I didn't know Pandora would be opening then either! Que sera, sera....whatever will be will be:o. I've had such a hard year that I really don't care at this point...I just want to get there! If I have to stay at the GF listening to the band/pianist all day because the crowds are unbearable...would that be so bad?? But I probably won't do that (the whole time) because I love rides:yay:

I didn't know Pandora was opening then either and at first I was going to stay away completely, but how do we not at least try to check it out?

Just catching up.......the Mint Foot Scrub......LOVE IT :love: I have quite the stash leftover from my last trip. Mousekeeping was great. I would hide it in my luggage each morning and afternoon and a new tube would magically appear after regular room cleaning and turndown service :rotfl:

All of the AP/DVC preview reports for Pandora have been an interesting read. Looking forward to public opening to gauge the crowds and craziness before choosing those coveted FPs in June at the 60 day mark.
We won't discuss my hoarding habits here but I bring the large zip locks for extra toiletries that have decided to jump into my luggage ::yes::

Who me? Overpack? My friend just got back, she had an AP preview and gave Banshee ride a 10/10!!

Who me? Overpack? My friend just got back, she had an AP preview and gave Banshee ride a 10/10!!
I watched part of a YouTube video of it...it looks amazing!! I can't wait:yay::D! You'd think it would get old after so many trips to Disney, but I swear that I'm as excited as my first trip! The new ride makes it a bit more exciting, but it's the whole package really...the grandeur of the GF (and it's fabulous smell), lounging by the beautiful pools, the restaurants, the fireworks!!!!

That's the plan, for the 2nd half of next week anyway. We're doing a split. ;)

Does she love it? I hope they bring the candles back next spring.

She liked the smell in the store. She's off for the summer now, but will take it back with her in the fall. Hopefully it'll make the new room smell like the GF. They had a few candles when we went, but she isn't allowed to have them at school.

I watched part of a YouTube video of it...it looks amazing!! I can't wait:yay::D! You'd think it would get old after so many trips to Disney, but I swear that I'm as excited as my first trip! The new ride makes it a bit more exciting, but it's the whole package really...the grandeur of the GF (and it's fabulous smell), lounging by the beautiful pools, the restaurants, the fireworks!!!!
I will miss GF in Nov :sad: staying at Pop! Canadian $ is terrible. I bought $300 US last week, cost me $419:scared1:
But I'll go visit. Must get daughter her Basin products! Maybe grab a meal at Gaspys, and have my crab cake at Beach Grill!!

That's the plan, for the 2nd half of next week anyway. We're doing a split. ;)
We're doing a split too! BWI 5/27-29 and then GF 5/29-6/3...then 6/3 at the Swan because we can get a 4pm checkout there now since it's a Marriott property and that will be our outlet mall shopping day (DD13 and DH can hang at the pool)! What's your split??
I will miss GF in Nov :sad: staying at Pop! Canadian $ is terrible. I bought $300 US last week, cost me $419:scared1:
But I'll go visit. Must get daughter her Basin products! Maybe grab a meal at Gaspys, and have my crab cake at Beach Grill!!
Sorry about the exchange rate! That stinks! We won't be staying at GF for our fall break trip either just because it's so expensive...especially since we're paying for two rooms this trip. We're doing Poly in the fall. I like Poly, but it's not GF!

We're doing a split too! BWI 5/27-29 and then GF 5/29-6/3...then 6/3 at the Swan because we can get a 4pm checkout there now since it's a Marriott property and that will be our outlet mall shopping day (DD13 and DH can hang at the pool)! What's your split??

We are splitting between the Epcot (BC) and MK areas (GF).

Hi all, We are staying at the GF in August for 3 nights after spending 5 nights at the Yacht Club. We are going to Disney Springs for 4 dinners but it seems like the majority of the nights is when we are staying at the GF. Is getting to Disney Springs from the GF for dinner difficult? Is it a long bus ride and after the bus picks up at the GF for Disney Springs, are there many stops after pick up? Thanks for any suggestions/help with this issue. Wondering if I should change our adr's around to go to DS when we are staying at the YC.

Sorry about the exchange rate! That stinks! We won't be staying at GF for our fall break trip either just because it's so expensive...especially since we're paying for two rooms this trip. We're doing Poly in the fall. I like Poly, but it's not GF!
We like Poly. Had a wonderful Volcano pool view in Samoa, 3rd floor. Could see GF too :upsidedow and an easy walk for a visit! Cooks is good, and Dole Whip! Trader Sams is fun. We enjoyed grabbing a bite at Cooks at night and sitting out on the patio listening to Singer on Trader Sam patio.

You forgot visiting me!

See my sig for my dates.

Hi all, We are staying at the GF in August for 3 nights after spending 5 nights at the Yacht Club. We are going to Disney Springs for 4 dinners but it seems like the majority of the nights is when we are staying at the GF. Is getting to Disney Springs from the GF for dinner difficult? Is it a long bus ride and after the bus picks up at the GF for Disney Springs, are there many stops after pick up? Thanks for any suggestions/help with this issue. Wondering if I should change our adr's around to go to DS when we are staying at the YC.
I know there are others on here that can tell you the specifics on a bus from GF to DS, but I will say that there are so many excellent restaurants in the monorail loop that we rarely have dinner elsewhere when staying at GF... we're kinda lazy, I guess;). We love Narcoossee's at GF as well as California Grill at Contemporary and 'Ohana at Poly. And don't forget BOG and Royal Table at MK...although we haven't been to Royal table in years (maybe it's time to go back??)! But if you decide to keep your DS reservations, I wouldn't think the bus ride would be that much longer than from YC?? Blueskies can probably answer your question about that because I know she likes a few restaurants over at DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter