(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if they have puddle jumpers at the pool, or do they just have life jackets? I'd love to leave our puddle jumper at home if we can.

Only life jackets, no puddle jumpers. (We forgot and left ours at home last week, were kicking ourselves every day!)

Quick question on check-in requests:

I just completed my online check-in through MDE and made a couple of requests (near lobby, etc.). We are staying in a deluxe garden view room in late May. I remember seeing early in this thread or another one where you could even request which outer building, but I didn't have that option when checking in. I think (as a deluxe garden view room that isn't club level) the only buildings could be Sago Cay and Boca Chica (and we want Sago Cay due to proximity to transportation/lobby and being quieter away from the pool since we have a 16 month old).

I'm just struggling with the way to let GF know exactly what we would like. I even used the TouringPlans room planner function to figure out which room I'd prefer, but I have no idea where to copy/paste the info into the room request so that GF can see what I'd like.

Thoughts?

I just completed my online check-in through MDE and made a couple of requests (near lobby, etc.). We are staying in a deluxe garden view room in late May. I remember seeing early in this thread or another one where you could even request which outer building, but I didn't have that option when checking in. I think (as a deluxe garden view room that isn't club level) the only buildings could be Sago Cay and Boca Chica (and we want Sago Cay due to proximity to transportation/lobby and being quieter away from the pool since we have a 16 month old).

I'm just struggling with the way to let GF know exactly what we would like. I even used the TouringPlans room planner function to figure out which room I'd prefer, but I have no idea where to copy/paste the info into the room request so that GF can see what I'd like.

Thoughts?

Morning

Same here, same time line, same room category. I didn't know that room category was only in those two buildings. I never booked a deluxe garden view room before because I love balconies, but DS's GF is coming and I thought the extra room would be helpful. But I did have the same problem with the on-line check-in and the pros here told me to call and add the request to my reservation that way.

Thoughts?

Morning

Same here, same time line, same room category. I didn't know that room catonly in those two buildings.egory was I never booked a deluxe garden view room before because I love balconies, but DS's GF is coming and I thought the extra room would be helpful. But I did have the same problem with the on-line check-in and the pros here told me to call and add the request to my reservation that way.

If you look at pix of the buildings you can clearly see where they are located.

5th floor outerbuildings don't have a balcony 2/3/4 do,(white space to left of octagon bump out is the balcony for that room)
.Disney-Grand-Floridian-16764.jpg

I just did a google map check and all outer buildings have a deluxe room/ tower even if not offered .

REQUESTS: for non club level the best way is to call and have them add it to reservation.
OR I learn building numbers so when I get ready text I know if I got what I wanted or need to go to lobby first.

Hope these help!

Last edited:

5th floor outerbuildings don't have a balcony 2/3/4 do
.View attachment 230689

In SL we had one and loved the extra space, 2nd tv and a balcony too!

REQUESTS: for non club level the best way is to call and have them add it to reservation.
OR I learn building numbers so when I get ready text I know if I got what I wanted or need to go to lobby first.

Hope these help!

Thank you so much, I am sorry I didn't explain myself well. I never requested the deluxe garden view room before because there are no balconies. At least that was what I told. I love sitting on the balcony so I always just booked a regular room, but that was when we were 4 of us. Now that were 5 I think the room will be better then the balcony, besides DH and I are doing an adult only trip in October and I'll get my balcony then..:yay:

I do that that if we stay longer with the 5 of us a second room would be best for the girls and hope we get connecting, but we going again in October and I didn't want DH to cancel it if this trip was way above budget!!:rolleyes1

5th floor outerbuildings don't have a balcony 2/3/4 do,(white space to left of octagon bump out is the balcony for that room)
.View attachment 230689

I just did a google map check and all outer buildings have a deluxe room/ tower even if not offered .

Hope these help!

Thanks! I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate, but, on a different site, there is information that only Sago Cay and Boca Chica have deluxe garden rooms that are non-club. The other outer buildings have deluxe rooms, but they are club-level. No idea if it's accurate or not, but that's how I was understanding it. It says specifically that there are 16 deluxe garden rooms (4 each in Sago Cay, Boca Chica, Conch Key, and Big Pine Key (I assume they don't count the 5th floor as a deluxe room since it's a dormer room). I think Conch Key and Big Pine Key are club-level outer buildings. I've never been to GF, and I'm excited to stay there!

I think Conch Key and Big Pine Key are club-level outer buildings. I've never been to GF, and I'm excited to stay there!

FYI - Sugar Loaf is the only club level outer building. The other outer buildings are not club level (ETA, with the exception of suites in the outer building that do have access to the CL lounges in SL and RPC).

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate, but, on a different site, there is information that only Sago Cay and Boca Chica have deluxe garden rooms that are non-club. The other outer buildings have deluxe rooms, but they are club-level. No idea if it's accurate or not, but that's how I was understanding it. It says specifically that there are 16 deluxe garden rooms (4 each in Sago Cay, Boca Chica, Conch Key, and Big Pine Key (I assume they don't count the 5th floor as a deluxe room since it's a dormer room). I think Conch Key and Big Pine Key are club-level outer buildings. I've never been to GF, and I'm excited to stay there!

The other site is not accurate. The book able category of garden deluxe is in each outer building other than SL. Decide what is important to you and call and request it. You can request any outer building and balcony. Be aware with 2 requests if they can't meet both they will try for one. So if building is most important make it your only request.

FYI - Sugar Loaf is the only club level outer building. The other outer buildings are not club level.

Ahhh, you're right. Here's the info I pulled from wdwinfo:

"The following is a breakdown of the buildings and the type of accommodations found there:

• Sago Cay, lagoon/marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, lodge tower rooms, hospitality suites and one- and two-bedroom suites;
  • Sugar Loaf, concierge rooms;
  • Conch Key, hospitality suites, one- and two-bedroom suites, pool/marina/lagoon views;
  • Boca Chica, standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms;
  • Big Pine Key, lagoon/pool/garden views;
  • Main Building, concierge rooms and suites."
This was why I thought that the only non-club deluxe rooms were in Sago Cay and Boca Chica.​

The other site is not accurate. The book able category of garden deluxe is in each outer building other than SL. Decide what is important to you and call and request it. You can request any outer building and balcony. Be aware with 2 requests if they can't meet both they will try for one. So if building is most important make it your only request.

Thanks! Good to know!

Ahhh, you're right. Here's the info I pulled from wdwinfo:

"The following is a breakdown of the buildings and the type of accommodations found there:

• Sago Cay, lagoon/marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, lodge tower rooms, hospitality suites and one- and two-bedroom suites;
  • Sugar Loaf, concierge rooms;
  • Conch Key, hospitality suites, one- and two-bedroom suites, pool/marina/lagoon views;
  • Boca Chica, standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms;
  • Big Pine Key, lagoon/pool/garden views;
  • Main Building, concierge rooms and suites."
This was why I thought that the only non-club deluxe rooms were in Sago Cay and Boca Chica.​

There are actually club level suites in all of the outer buildings. We've stayed in the ones in Conch Key and Sago Cay. Suite guests have access to both club lounges in Sugarloaf and RPC. But no, there are no other CL rooms in any other buildings besides SL.

Yes you may use the elevator. It is the preferred elevator to use for the pool, and will be closer to the bus stop if you are using the buses and the boat dock. If you have a car or taking the monorail you will want to use the main elevator. It does not go to the lobby and you can't get to the monorail on the 2nd floor. It goes to the 2nd floor deluxe king rooms. Take it down the first time so you can see where it comes out...it's not readily apparent from outside, you have to go through a door near Gaspies. You will need to use your MB on the elevator. Sometimes easier and sometimes not depending where you are going.

We made heavy use of that elevator during our stay in February, since we had a room almost right next to it.

Thoughts?

Call with any room requests. You used to be able to pick a building when you did online check in but no longer. All the deluxe rooms are in one area so requesting to be near something wouldn't apply. The deluxe rooms, formally called lodge tower rooms are in all outer buildings and are not CL except SL.

Morning

Same here, same time line, same room category. I didn't know that room category was only in those two buildings. I never booked a deluxe garden view room before because I love balconies, but DS's GF is coming and I thought the extra room would be helpful. But I did have the same problem with the on-line check-in and the pros here told me to call and add the request to my reservation that way.

Thank you so much, I am sorry I didn't explain myself well. I never requested the deluxe garden view room before because there are no balconies. At least that was what I told. I love sitting on the balcony so I always just booked a regular room, but that was when we were 4 of us. Now that were 5 I think the room will be better then the balcony, besides DH and I are doing an adult only trip in October and I'll get my balcony then..:yay:

I do that that if we stay longer with the 5 of us a second room would be best for the girls and hope we get connecting, but we going again in October and I didn't want DH to cancel it if this trip was way above budget!!:rolleyes1

Hi wishes: :wave2: trishadono is correct, the deluxe rooms are in all the outer building and have a balcony except the upper floor. You will love the extra room.

For those who've stayed in a Main Building - Deluxe King room, did you prefer it over the standard room? Looks like it's about $50 more a night, which isn't bad if it's better. Will just be my wife and I on a short 3 night trip. Thanks!

For those who've stayed in a Main Building - Deluxe King room, did you prefer it over the standard room? Looks like it's about $50 more a night, which isn't bad if it's better. Will just be my wife and I on a short 3 night trip. Thanks!

Yes, but with a caveat: we have always requested and been granted a turret room. They are much larger, no balcony. The other king deluxes are on the 2nd floor and personally not an ideal location for us. I would search the forum for more details and see if you would like the room, it is a way to guarantee a king bed if that is important to you.

Yes, but with a caveat: we have always requested and been granted a turret room. They are much larger, no balcony. The other king deluxes are on the 2nd floor and personally not an ideal location for us. I would search the forum for more details and see if you would like the room, it is a way to guarantee a king bed if that is important to you.

Thanks! Tough call. A turret room would be great but we do use the balcony. Also would prefer a higher floor than the others you mentioned on the 2nd. Do the turret rooms offer more/larger windows, prividkng a better view?

Good Morning!

Maxie86 - :wave:Hello my friend, thanks for the help. I hate the new room location requests from the drop down menu. I choose close to elevator just not to choose upper floor or ground floor in hopes of getting a room with a balcony. Do you think that's my best choice? I also called to request Sago Key, but I'll call closer to my trip to make sure its still on there. Thanks for all the help, now here's hoping all works out...:goodvibes

Thanks! Tough call. A turret room would be great but we do use the balcony. Also would prefer a higher floor than the others you mentioned on the 2nd. Do the turret rooms offer more/larger windows, prividkng a better view?

Yes they do have large windows and great views on the MK side, it is octagon shape and it's all windows. There are only six of these rooms and only three on the MK side. The rooms are gorgeous with a walk in closet, wet bar and seating area. You can see the fireworks from the windows on the MK side. The other three are on the back side..not a terrible view but not as nice as the MK ones. I would gladly take any of them over a standard room...love that walk in closet. I would take a standard room over the 2nd floor deluxe kings. They are by request only so you may end up on the 2nd floor. I don't miss a balcony when staying RPC, we spend more time in the lounge. The 2nd floor rooms have a balcony and a castle view, but they are not as big as the turret rooms. I think there are nine of them but not completely sure on that as I have never stayed in one. The 2nd floor rooms are a bit out of the way. You can't get to the 2nd floor rooms from the lobby elevator, you have to go up to another floor and take the back elevator down to the 2nd floor. Good luck with your decision.

Good Morning!

Maxie86 - :wave:Hello my friend, thanks for the help. I hate the new room location requests from the drop down menu. I choose close to elevator just not to choose upper floor or ground floor in hopes of getting a room with a balcony. Do you think that's my best choice? I also called to request Sago Key, but I'll call closer to my trip to make sure its still on there. Thanks for all the help, now here's hoping all works out...:goodvibes

You don't have to make any requests when you do on line check in. I would just call and add balcony as your second request. That way if they can't put you in Sago they know you want a balcony and that will increase your chances of getting one in another building.Since there is only one without a balcony in each building you have a good chance of getting one. Hopefully they will update those on line forms...other than checking in and adding your CC information they are pretty useless for making requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter