(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is so happy. We love how close sl is to everything.

I'll try to get pix of everything but any requests are welcome.

I love when there is trifle at tea or dessert time. Yum!

I think dd loves lox with her bagel, scones with Devonshire cream and champagne.

Last time they had a alcohol cart. I enjoyed being served. They were generous with the pour and very friendly. Curious what's new. I go to Disney 3/4 times a year but changes always going on.

I swear the pea soup is something I hope they still have, it was so good.
I'd love to see and hear what all they have in the Concierge Lounge. We're staying in SL and are trying to figure out whether we should make a point to have later dinner reservations so we can enjoy afternoon snacks and evening appetizers, or if they're nothing special and we should have ressies that conflict with evening apps time when you count in travel time. Disney Yum!

I'd love to see and hear what all they have in the Concierge Lounge. We're staying in SL and are trying to figure out whether we should make a point to have later dinner reservations so we can enjoy afternoon snacks and evening appetizers, or if they're nothing special and we should have ressies that conflict with evening apps time when you count in travel time. Disney Yum!
I have stayed at gf either rpc or sl 5 times. So much food that's my foodie dd is so happy.

Tea time has things you get if book tearoom. Champagne, scone with the jam n cream ! Alternates too so the jam tarts or trifle may be there as well.

None of my texting buddies have been there in 2017 but usually gf has far more than other resorts. I'll re-post my most recent pix soon.

We are light eaters and prefer bigger lunch. Epcot resorts are available for lunch and prices are better than dinner for similar experience.

If you do MK or mono dinners you could time for 6-6;30 and have your appetizer at lounge then head to dinner? Or maybe later like 7-8 so you hungry again?

Some nights it is the luck of the draw. At akl last month we had 5 nights and loved 4 nights. Wouldn't you know it both hot apps on the same night were not anything I cared for?

I love to grab a wine and just enjoy the resort. Sit in the lounge, on the balcony, take to the boat dock bench, go sit in main lobby ! Have wine will travel :)

Last edited:
Just tap each link to see my pictures.

If you notice the wine glasses above that was amount given in glass. However for to go/plastic they were more generous. Also, if someone asked to "top it off" they did without any problems. All in all I loved the "bar" set up. Very nice!

View attachment 117949

View attachment 117953

Going home day: Sitting on the GF beach with my complimentary GF cl wine. I asked for that and grabbed 2 waters to go. I was offered to have them carried to the beach pool if i needed it. WOW!!! Then after swim and shower I was treated like a princess. Francisco offered me some cognac or coridal of my choice. I had some Grand Mariner with my trifle. AHHHH what a way to end vacation

View attachment 117956

Here is my last one. I will get more is 29 days!

trishadono - the food offerings look very different from when I was last there, and for the better! Thank you for sharing with us! I too would be interested to hear about the food changing in concierge.

trishadono - the food offerings look very different from when I was last there, and for the better! Thank you for sharing with us! I too would be interested to hear about the food changing in concierge.
That was august 2015. It was similar to our other ones. Most posts I see seem to match my previous stays . A usual poster here just posted on cl thread that the champagne is different but most others seem things seem similar.

This trip I won't do lounge pix because I did that last time . I'll get pix of food and personal observations.

I really am looking forward to this trip. Last one was so nice. Lots of cms made our trip great.

Dd couldn't find a strawberry daiquiri after looking at both pool bars, mizners and citricos.

So the manager called narcoosees to see if there. Dd ran for it. When she got back he comped our room for the price because it shouldn't have been that hard.

The bar people (in the lounge) were fun and gave generous pours. One cm offered to carry my drink at 2pm to the pool for me! lol I can handle it:)

Hello everyone! I am a frequent WDW visitor, but I will be staying in the GF for the first time from 3/4-3/9, and I am SO excited. I don't have much to contribute or questions to ask yet, but I have enjoyed this thread! I'm open to any advice or suggestions on getting the most out of our stay there.

And there are so many good folks on here who can offer it! As you have no doubt read, the GF is such a wonderful destination in and of itself that alot of people spend a great deal of time enjoying the resort itself. Depending on who is in your travel party and what their interests are, you can spend the whole day (and, depending on the activities you choose, the whole contents of your wallet!) at the Grand without going to a park.

And there are so many good folks on here who can offer it! As you have no doubt read, the GF is such a wonderful destination in and of itself that alot of people spend a great deal of time enjoying the resort itself. Depending on who is in your travel party and what their interests are, you can spend the whole day (and, depending on the activities you choose, the whole contents of your wallet!) at the Grand without going to a park.

Thanks for the welcome! My husband and I will be there with our two (almost three) year old twin boys. We always visit the Grand when we come to WDW because 1900 Park Fare is our favorite character meal. We planning to try brunch at Narcoossee's on Sunday, and we can't wait to hit those pools and the Alice splash area. Since we go to the parks frequently, we plan on enjoying them, but spending lots of time at the resort too. !We have a garden view outer building room.5 nights is longer than we tend to go, so i can't wait soak it all in.

As another first-time stayer/long time visitor, I'll put my parking question back for our experts. (It got swallowed up on a previous page.)

With Google Earth I can see how the parking lots are set up, and I understand we no longer have to use the lot across the street. So, how does self-parking work now? Is the security gate like most other places, where we talk to a host in the left lane or use a room key in the right-hand lane? And once through that gate, we have access to both the lot in front of the main building to the left or the villas lot to the right?

Thanks.

As another first-time stayer/long time visitor, I'll put my parking question back for our experts. (It got swallowed up on a previous page.)

With Google Earth I can see how the parking lots are set up, and I understand we no longer have to use the lot across the street. So, how does self-parking work now? Is the security gate like most other places, where we talk to a host in the left lane or use a room key in the right-hand lane? And once through that gate, we have access to both the lot in front of the main building to the left or the villas lot to the right?

Thanks.
The easiest way through the security gate is with your magic band.

Hello everyone! I am a frequent WDW visitor, but I will be staying in the GF for the first time from 3/4-3/9, and I am SO excited. I don't have much to contribute or questions to ask yet, but I have enjoyed this thread! I'm open to any advice or suggestions on getting the most out of our stay there.
I love the schooner boat. It picks up at gf, then poly then to MK in a continuous triangle. I like to take when leaving MK because I am not usually in a hurry then.

I love to ride it mid day just for a relaxing break.

My favorite though is to ride it between 9-10P and watch the EWP or wishes from it.

It doesn't matter which resort from Pop, CBR or AKL I still go on that boat at least once per trip!

You just sit and soak in the sights :cloud9:

Hi, Just wondered if someone could let me know how best to get to Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge from the GF (and back again) and a rough idea of how long it takes. Thanks

Hi, Just wondered if someone could let me know how best to get to Wispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge from the GF (and back again) and a rough idea of how long it takes. Thanks
How long it will take depends on the crowds using the transportation. The usual way I would go would be monorail from the GF around to the Contemporary resort. Then go to the dock area behind the CR and boat over to the Wilderness Lodge.

How long it will take depends on the crowds using the transportation. The usual way I would go would be monorail from the GF around to the Contemporary resort. Then go to the dock area behind the CR and boat over to the Wilderness Lodge.
Thank you for this. Any idea on what time the boats run till?

Hi, Just wondered if someone could let me know how best to get to Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge from the GF (and back again) and a rough idea of how long it takes. Thanks
When we were at the GF in December they had a water taxi service that took us to Fort Wilderness from the GF marina. It cost $20 and it was well worth it. The taxi service takes you to any resort on the lake, CR, Poly, WL or FW. Or it will take you to MK. But it is a one way service, GF to your destination. It won't pick you up again for the return trip to GF.

But if you want to travel using free transportation then I would take the monorail to MK, then the WL boat. You can also take the monorail to CR and get the resort boat but I think there is more walking using that route. I would give yourself 40 minutes using this route, although it could be faster depending on how long you have to wait for the monorail and boat.

Thank you for this. Any idea on what time the boats run till?
The resort boat, which is the boat between CR and WL, runs until 11pm. The boat between the WL and MK runs until one hour past park close. You can also take the WL bus to MK and catch the GF boat or the monorail to get back to GF after dinner.

When we were at the GF in December they had a water taxi service that took us to Fort Wilderness from the GF marina. It cost $20 and it was well worth it. The taxi service takes you to any resort on the lake, CR, Poly, WL or FW. Or it will take you to MK. But it is a one way service, GF to your destination. It won't pick you up again for the return trip to GF.

But if you want to travel using free transportation then I would take the monorail to MK, then the WL boat. You can also take the monorail to CR and get the resort boat but I think there is more walking using that route. I would give yourself 40 minutes using this route, although it could be faster depending on how long you have to wait for the monorail and boat.

The resort boat, which is the boat between CR and WL, runs until 11pm. The boat between the WL and MK runs until one hour past park close. You can also take the WL bus to MK and catch the GF boat or the monorail to get back to GF after dinner.

Thank you Wood Nymph, that's really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter