(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! My family and I go to the Grand Floridian every year -- it is my happy place. BUT, I just tried to book a trip for the week of Oct. 17, 2016, and there is not a single room available at the GF. What's more, is that there isn't a single room available at ANY Deluxe resort. That seems to me that can't possibly be correct. Is it possible they will release more rooms later? Or is there some really big event down there at this time that would make it completely booked. It is the off season for goodness sake!!!

Any help or info would be much appreciated. I just promised my kids we could go that week in October so I'm sure what I'm going to do now, if this information is correct.

After the Reno all rooms have day beds I'm pretty sure. During one stay we had a deluxe room in RPC, GV, and it had 2 queens & day bed. Open balcony.
We've also had regular rooms in Boca Chica (GV) and Big Pine (lagoon) both had day beds.
The dormer rooms are the ones with the closed balcony. I always put on my request- NO dormer.
So, you don't need a deluxe room to get day bed. But they sure are nice!
One of my (adult) daughters likes her own bed too. The one she had in RPC deluxe room was a queen pull out sofa. But an adult will fit on day bed too.

Thanks for the info! I think it's interesting they still have the regular rooms as possibly not having the day bed. I'll still with the deluxe room as the price difference isn't much and I think we can use the extra space.

Hi! I'm trying to figure out what kind of room we want for our next stay at the Grand. So torn between garden view (with a request for pool view) or lagoon view. Unfortunately, quite a few lagoon views are obstructed by trees!
How about sunrise views? Anyone have recommendations based on their experiences for sunrise views? ☀️

You could walk to the Contemporary and take a cab back. You would have to pay for the cab, of course. They always have cabs waiting outside at the Contemporary, so that would be the fastest option.

Most likely I will do this option if the monorail is down. I just find it seriously unfortunate that we are spending so much money at the grand because we wanted a monorail hotel and there is so much maintenance going on. While I realize hotels/parks and attractions have to have upgrades and am find with alternate transportation options if the monorail is down hearing stories of 1.5 hour to get back to the grand is unaccpetable to me when I'm paying 500 dollars a night for a monorail hotel. Hopefully when I go I will have no issues

We are going in August and staying at GF, I hope the monorail is not down either because this is one of the main reasons we are staying there. We are excited to stay at GF. Any outer buildings that are better than others, we have garden view outer building booked. It will be myself and DD16 staying there so we are not worried about walking, we do like quiet when we come back to room at night.

Hi! My family and I go to the Grand Floridian every year -- it is my happy place. BUT, I just tried to book a trip for the week of Oct. 17, 2016, and there is not a single room available at the GF. What's more, is that there isn't a single room available at ANY Deluxe resort. That seems to me that can't possibly be correct. Is it possible they will release more rooms later? Or is there some really big event down there at this time that would make it completely booked. It is the off season for goodness sake!!!

Any help or info would be much appreciated. I just promised my kids we could go that week in October so I'm sure what I'm going to do now, if this information is correct.

I read on another thread there is a big convention in Orlando that week and they book a lot of deluxe resort rooms, however one poster in the thread said she was not having any luck booking on line but got a room when she called instead.

Thanks for the info! I think it's interesting they still have the regular rooms as possibly not having the day bed. I'll still with the deluxe room as the price difference isn't much and I think we can use the extra space.
You'll love the deluxe rooms.

Most likely I will do this option if the monorail is down. I just find it seriously unfortunate that we are spending so much money at the grand because we wanted a monorail hotel and there is so much maintenance going on. While I realize hotels/parks and attractions have to have upgrades and am find with alternate transportation options if the monorail is down hearing stories of 1.5 hour to get back to the grand is unaccpetable to me when I'm paying 500 dollars a night for a monorail hotel. Hopefully when I go I will have no issues
If it makes you feel any better, it only happened to us that one time last week and of course the monorail was running again at about the same time we started boarding the larger boat. So part of it was bad luck as far as the timing of when we left the park. Taking the monorail around to GF from MK takes about 25ish minutes anyway so the 45 minutes it took for the longer than normal boat wait wasn't too bad. The boat is typically the faster way back to GF. I was actually pleased that they were running the larger boat ....otherwise, I would've walked to the Contemporary and taken a cab too!

We are staying at Grand Floridian for the first time in August. We know nothing about it... Except we think we want to request Boca Chica. When we do our online check in on 6/17 what should we request? Garden, marina or pool view, ground floor or higher level?
I was reading someone was able to watch the fireworks from Boca Chica.

I read on another thread there is a big convention in Orlando that week and they book a lot of deluxe resort rooms, however one poster in the thread said she was not having any luck booking on line but got a room when she called instead.
Hi! My family and I go to the Grand Floridian every year -- it is my happy place. BUT, I just tried to book a trip for the week of Oct. 17, 2016, and there is not a single room available at the GF. What's more, is that there isn't a single room available at ANY Deluxe resort. That seems to me that can't possibly be correct. Is it possible they will release more rooms later? Or is there some really big event down there at this time that would make it completely booked. It is the off season for goodness sake!!! Any help or info would be much appreciated. I just promised my kids we could go that week in October so I'm sure what I'm going to do now, if this information is correct.
Hi! My family and I go to the Grand Floridian every year -- it is my happy place. BUT, I just tried to book a trip for the week of Oct. 17, 2016, and there is not a single room available at the GF. What's more, is that there isn't a single room available at ANY Deluxe resort. That seems to me that can't possibly be correct. Is it possible they will release more rooms later? Or is there some really big event down there at this time that would make it completely booked. It is the off season for goodness sake!!! Any help or info would be much appreciated. I just promised my kids we could go that week in October so I'm sure what I'm going to do now, if this information is correct.

We are staying at Grand Floridian for the first time in August. We know nothing about it... Except we think we want to request Boca Chica. When we do our online check in on 6/17 what should we request? Garden, marina or pool view, ground floor or higher level? I was reading someone was able to watch the fireworks from Boca Chica.

Ok folks. Tried to post and god only knows what happened. Sorry! Anyway, I was trying to find out if tartemis had luckI booking a room in October at the GF.

I think I need a vacation. Resting might improve my computer skills! Have a grad day my friends. I'm going to try!

We are staying at Grand Floridian for the first time in August. We know nothing about it... Except we think we want to request Boca Chica. When we do our online check in on 6/17 what should we request? Garden, marina or pool view, ground floor or higher level?
I just did my online check in. Options were the buildings, near elevator, upper floor, dormer, ground floor and lower floor(think that was it).

You can pick 2 but if early room a preference there is a button for that.

Since dd is doing a class and considered a convention I know we will probably be put in Sago. I made upper floor only as a request because I like my balcony up higher.

Hello there fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Just skimmed this page...and I see that there are lots of trips coming up!! :woohoo: Hope that someone will be able to take the new Floridian Express resort tour.. I would love to hear about their experience...:thumbsup2

The very first page of this thread is a wealth of information...although some is a bit dated...the info on the grounds and views is accurate...Boca Chica is an outer building that I always recommend...I think that is has great garden views...across the courtyard/and courtyard pool area...and is very centrally located to the pool, boat dock...and not to far to either the main building for monorail access and or to the bus stop...although...the grounds are pretty compact..so nothing is a very long walk to get to ...but I think BC is really more in the middle of it all....Are you in a GV room..Conch Key standard has some rooms with a lovely marina view...as does Sago...as for which floor...upper floors typically have a broader view...but you can end up with a dormer room...which has a vaulted ceiling..more visual space...but maybe slighly smaller in square footage...and an enclosed balcony...ground floor rooms IMO are wonderful for convenience...as I said..just depends on personal preference...all good choices...as this is a lovely resort...:cloud9:

Ok folks. Tried to post and god only knows what happened. Sorry! Anyway, I was trying to find out if tartemis had luckI booking a room in October at the GF.

I think I need a vacation. Resting might improve my computer skills! Have a grad day my friends. I'm going to try!

MommyG...:laughing::laughing:...I agree...nothing a grand vacation won't cure!!

2 more days - and then we'll arrive at the GF for our first stay there!! Can't wait!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

WooHoo!!! :dance3:

10 days for us!

Some more happy dancing...:dance3::dance3:

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday..:earsgirl: GF gal who might have just booked a quick WDW trip for July!! :boat:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter