Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

9518 isn’t what most people call a “Turret Room”, rather it’s the very center room on the fifth floor that instead of a balcony has an extended dormer/bump out area, for lack of a better word.

IMG_2685.jpeg

Crude screenshot from Google street view from the outside. The left circle is 9518, the right circle is a “Turret Room”. There are two rooms like 9518, they used to be the ‘living room’ in what were multi room suites.
IMG_2686.jpeg

Woah, the sofa in the turret is interesting in that room! Thanks for sharing.

I have been doing some fairly extensive research into the BPK rooms for an upcoming stay and I am pretty sure all turret rooms EXCEPT the 5th floor have that side balcony situation. I don't see a door in @ah10is's photos, I think it's just molding?
You’re right, enlarged the photo and see it is just molding. I was confusing this room with a turret room.

9518 isn’t what most people call a “Turret Room”, rather it’s the very center room on the fifth floor that instead of a balcony has an extended dormer/bump out area, for lack of a better word.

View attachment 761960

Crude screenshot from Google street view from the outside. The left circle is 9518, the right circle is a “Turret Room”. There are two rooms like 9518, they used to be the ‘living room’ in what were multi room suites.
View attachment 761961
Mind blowing info there. Thank you! 😂

I thought the seating looked off. Also the bench by the windows looked kind of like the suite picture for the remodeled rooms.

Last edited:
I also took in the GF Spa while I was there! I did the Grand Massage (50 min.) on my arrival day and then also did the Grand Pedicure (50 min.) later in my stay! They were both awesome and I highly recommend! To note...I am not a spa person! I think it's been 8 years since I last had a pedicure and 5 years since I last had a massage. This was me trying to go slower on my vacation! LOL! Here are a few pics of the spa amenities.....there wasn't anyone there when I checked in for my massage so snapped these!
Wow thank you so much for the pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I also took in the GF Spa while I was there! I did the Grand Massage (50 min.) on my arrival day and then also did the Grand Pedicure (50 min.) later in my stay! They were both awesome and I highly recommend! To note...I am not a spa person! I think it's been 8 years since I last had a pedicure and 5 years since I last had a massage. This was me trying to go slower on my vacation! LOL! Here are a few pics of the spa amenities.....there wasn't anyone there when I checked in for my massage so snapped these!
Thank you for the photos! We are spa people and greatly enjoyed Senses at GF but have not been back since it reopened with the new name/look. We will be having a couples massage there next Wednesday!

I have a question...we're booked at grand this fall and it lists options of the bed configuration options that you could get...is there more rooms with 2 queens and sofa bed than ones without. We stayed last year at Contemporary and got to the room to find out they had removed sofa beds in some rooms and had to switch rooms to get one. I know I can put a request in for that type of room but I just wanted to get an idea if anyone knew

I have a question...we're booked at grand this fall and it lists options of the bed configuration options that you could get...is there more rooms with 2 queens and sofa bed than ones without. We stayed last year at Contemporary and got to the room to find out they had removed sofa beds in some rooms and had to switch rooms to get one. I know I can put a request in for that type of room but I just wanted to get an idea if anyone knew
GF has 2 queens with twin/flip down. The king rooms are very hard to get so you should not worry about getting one. Years ago some rooms didn’t have the extra twin but I have not seen that in some time. I had the top floor dormer rooms several times and even though less floor space they still had the twin bed/sofa.

Also have you seen the new rooms? They are gorgeous!

GF has 2 queens with twin/flip down. The king rooms are very hard to get so you should not worry about getting one. Years ago some rooms didn’t have the extra twin but I have not seen that in some time. I had the top floor dormer rooms several times and even though less floor space they still had the twin bed/sofa.

Also have you seen the new rooms? They are gorgeous!
I have! The new rooms are stunning and I can’t wait to stay in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter