Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We are suppose to stay here end of august? What buildings have been renovated so far and what do you think will be completed come the end of august ?
Big Pine Key (DVC conversion) and Boca Chica have been completed. They are currently finishing Conch and started Sugar Loaf. I’d assume Sago will be next, followed lastly by the Main Building. No details or timelines have been given, but Grand Floridian’s Anniversary is July 1st, so I would think they’d want to complete everything by then. If any details are released I will be sure to update the thread.

Which buildings are left to refurbish? We arrive this April and just wondering what will be left to refurbish. Thanks in advance.

Walkway Between Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Closing Due to Construction

Disney has announced that the path between the resort and the Magic Kingdom will be closing on February 13 due to ongoing refurbishments.

A reopening date has not been announced, though Disney said the path will be accessible in late spring.

Boat and monorail transportation will remain available to guests traveling to Magic Kingdom.
I wonder what they consider "late spring". I have a RS booked the first week of May and I enjoy the walkway from GF to MK. This has got me considering staying at BLT if it's not going to be open by my stay, and BLT is not my first choice.

Sorry for those of you that are impacted by the walkway closure :( - that would disappoint me for sure! Is the walkway itself being refurbished or is this just due to the other work going on around the resort? I can't tell by the way the article is worded. I expected that once they got to Sago Cay maybe they'd have to reroute the walkway a bit, but I didn't think they'd actually close it down. Also next week is very soon - can't imagine they are about to start on Sago since they have 2 other buildings still not done?

Walkway Between Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Closing Due to Construction

Disney has announced that the path between the resort and the Magic Kingdom will be closing on February 13 due to ongoing refurbishments.

A reopening date has not been announced, though Disney said the path will be accessible in late spring.

Boat and monorail transportation will remain available to guests traveling to Magic Kingdom.
Hopefully it's not delayed into summer and they announce a reopening date. I just made a reservation before seeing this announcement.

Just received an email from Disney:

Dear Guest,​
Welcome home!​
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort and The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa we often refresh our offerings. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction during daytime hours.

Please refer to the Know Before You Go page for the most up-to-date hours, amenities and information on what will be available to you such as dining, merchandise and recreation locations. While transportation options will be available for convenient access to Magic Kingdom Park, the walking path may be unavailable during your stay.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your original booking agent.​
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-9:00pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-7:00pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.​
General Manager Cosmo Kapoor and the team at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!​
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

My room is 5/1 yet I was not notified, yet.

I think I’ll keep it, The discount is better than poly and Cr and I got LV so maybe conch ?

I love the new rooms at BWI. I’ll be there before I move to GF. 2 beautiful rooms back to back? YES!

(Posted on bwi thread)

All the construction is starting to worry me. We are going in May and we rented DVC, so we're stuck now. We were there last May, and there was construction at the time then as well, but it didn't bother us - it was pretty out of the way and localized. But with the walkway closed, and Narccoosees closed and impending lobby work, I'm worried that the resort is going to feel like a construction site. Some of these articles I'm seeing are not making me feel particularly positive.

Closed walkway is a pain in the butt since they already have you detouring out if you want to walk in the other direction towards Poly. I sure hope they reopen the walkway that goes along the water when they get far enough along in building the Poly tower. You can tell the folks who make these decisions do not stay at the resorts without carsy. If they did they would realize how much walking they tack on to what is already a long walk. The crazy routes they had at the studios during the skyliner building were horrible. And the whole way you have to access Disney Springs from Saratoga

I’m sorry guys, I know it’s disappointing. I have 2 trips planned to The Grand this year. All the construction and walkway being closed is definitely a bummer, but we will make the best of it. I will keep the thread up to date with any updates as they come in. Let’s hope work gets done sooner than later. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

The walkway being closed is a deal breaker for me. I was going to put up with the construction since we were only staying one night before moving to the YC. Switched to CR Tower Club. Never stayed there before and am looking forward to trying something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter