Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I'm super excited to be staying the VGF for the first time this weekend! We are DVC members, but decided on a last minute trip and I was able to piece together three nights at the GF. Our first two nights are in a Resort Studio Theme Park View and the last night is in a Studio Lake View. Can you tell me about these two different room categories? What will the differences be between the two? Will we be able to see the fireworks from our room in the Theme Park View room? Any tips on room switch day? Also, how long should I anticipate it taking to take the monorail to Epcot? Is there a walkway between the Poly and GF? Thank you so much! So excited for our first stay!
So in a TPV Resort Studio, you will be located in the Big Pine Key building. Yes you should be able to see fireworks. If you go to the VGF Thread HERE on Page 1 (under the heading VGF 2) there are a couple TPV pics for you to see. In a Lake View Studio, you will move over to the main VGF building. You can also see some Lake view pictures from the link that I provided as well, under VGF 1. I’ll attach the map so you can see their locations.

924750DF-D8BD-4DCC-95B7-4619E4159BCD.jpeg

As far as the monorail to Epcot, make sure you give yourself a little extra time. You will have to get off at the T&TC and switch from the Resort monorail to the EPCOT monorail. At least 20 min minimum, give or take. Also, factor in possible delays. And yes, there is a walkway to Poly, however it is currently being rerouted, due to construction at Poly, so also give yourself some extra time there too. Might be quicker to take the boat over. Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
...we received en email this weekend that indoor construction/rehab on the lobby area is set to begin March 1. Boy am I bummed....
Is it possible to take a picture/screenshot of the email you received that gave a date of March 1st? Curious on the wording. I have called all the phone numbers and can’t get any more news on this and no one seems to have any idea when it will start.

I'm super excited to be staying the VGF for the first time this weekend! We are DVC members, but decided on a last minute trip and I was able to piece together three nights at the GF. Our first two nights are in a Resort Studio Theme Park View and the last night is in a Studio Lake View. Can you tell me about these two different room categories? What will the differences be between the two? Will we be able to see the fireworks from our room in the Theme Park View room? Any tips on room switch day? Also, how long should I anticipate it taking to take the monorail to Epcot? Is there a walkway between the Poly and GF? Thank you so much! So excited for our first stay!
We have had the TPV room at BPK prior to change to dvc. Nice view of MK and the castle.

I try to get a late check out if possible. I run to a park and come back before check out . We then leave room and try to check into next room. If it’s ready we move our bags, if not we store with bell services until room is ready. You can hang in a lobby etc if you want to keep bags and wait for new room.

Guests Forced to Walk Through Construction Site to Reach Boat Launch at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

1675389105392.jpeg
grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9511

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9506

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9507

The walkway beyond the pool entrance is blocked off.

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9509

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9513

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9514

Around the corner from Narcoossee’s, guests walking to the boat launch enter a section lined with green temporary fencing.

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9533

Behind the fencing is more construction materials, sitting in a stretch of dirt.

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9534

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9559
grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9557

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9535

Yikes, that temporary pathway to the boat dock looks a bit treacherous! I'm still kind of surprised they started on Sugar Loaf before Conch Key was finished. Shouldn't Conch be finishing up any day now? I guess I need to go back and look at dates, but it *feels* like Conch is taking longer than Boca Chica did for its refurbishment...

What is the estimated date this will all end we will be at the grand the last week of august these pictures are making me not want to stay here even though it my favorite resort.

....The converted Big Pine Key rooms are all resort studios with 2 dedicated queen beds, beverage cooler, and standard bathroom setup. These rooms are the same as the new cash rooms (+ microwave for DVC).

They are all Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. Deluxe studios come in standard and lake view. Resort studios come in standard, lagoon, and theme park views. Same points (except for theme park), but different buildings.
...well THAT kinda stinks....we'll [DH and me] be in one building and our DS and his DFiance` will be in another...?

...well THAT kinda stinks....we'll [DH and me] be in one building and our DS and his DFiance` will be in another...?
Yes, if one party has a Deluxe Studio and the other has a Resort Studio, the two parties will be in different buildings. However, it's not very far from one building to the other. Just makes it more difficult to visit each other's rooms.

Hi, is the fitness center at GCF projected to be open over summer during the refurbishment? I see on the map it looks like there is one fitness center, closest to the Villas.

Hi, is the fitness center at GCF projected to be open over summer during the refurbishment? I see on the map it looks like there is one fitness center, closest to the Villas.
Yes, that’s the only gym on property. There have been no announcements regarding it closing at this time. If anything changes, I’ll be sure to update this thread. Enjoy!

We are suppose to stay here end of august? What buildings have been renovated so far and what do you think will be completed come the end of august ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter