Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgCzUX7feoQYI-eA4sIaqsL5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJick16u98BUTw7z0SxisSLVKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhWNfTyQLcf8Rlp3ogE4EJP5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

Heading to VGF in October for the first time in many years. Trying to get a handle on dining options as am coming with a girlfriend, and she‘s never been, so I’m in charge ☺️

I’m familiar with Enchanted Rose, Narcoosees (know it’s closed for renovations) , and V&A is not of interest to us. I don’t know much about Grand Floridian café, but have read up on Citricos.

Also, what’s our best bet for breakfast if we’d like to do a sit down brunch mid morning?
Heading to VGF in October for the first time in many years. Trying to get a handle on dining options as am coming with a girlfriend, and she‘s never been, so I’m in charge ☺️

I’m familiar with Enchanted Rose, Narcoosees (know it’s closed for renovations) , and V&A is not of interest to us. I don’t know much about Grand Floridian café, but have read up on Citricos.

So am looking for a bit more information on GF Cafe, quick service at Gasparilla‘s Grill, food options at the pools, as well as the room service. Is there someplace I can find any of these menus (as well as operating hours) in advance?

Also, what’s our best bet for breakfast if we’d like to do a sit down brunch mid morning?

Many thanks!
GF Cafe is a must do brunch for us every year. Delicious and beautiful location. Request a window table if you can. Steakhouse 71 is also just a monorail away. We enjoyed lunch there and have heard that breakfast is good, but no experience ourselves.

GF Cafe is a must do brunch for us every year. Delicious and beautiful location. Request a window table if you can. Steakhouse 71 is also just a monorail away. We enjoyed lunch there and have heard that breakfast is good, but no experience ourselves.

Thank you so much! Not sure if brunch reservations are required, but doesn’t hurt to make one until we decide for sure. Went to Steakhouse 71 twice in November over a 7-day period. First time was amazing, second time only so-so. Didn’t realize they served breakfast!

What room category do you have ? Are you the one with dd working at gf?
....We actually stayed at the BC/YC [we did CL] and came here for dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. My youngest DS makes magic as a server at the Hollywood Brown Derby.
NOTE: Grand Flo Cafe is an AWESOME place for breakfast - not so much for dinner though. [worse steak I ever ate on property.]

....We actually stayed at the BC/YC [we did CL] and came here for dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. My youngest DS makes magic as a server at the Hollywood Brown Derby.
NOTE: Grand Flo Cafe is an AWESOME place for breakfast - not so much for dinner though. [worse steak I ever ate on property.]
Oh OK I got you mixed up with someone else. I knew you had someone working at least!

Good to know about the steak! Thx!

Oh OK I got you mixed up with someone else. I knew you had someone working at least!

Good to know about the steak! Thx!

Steak from Flying FIsh Cafe

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgIlhp06M8bAVDSGJklKXSNUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Steak from GF Cafe [looks can be deceiving - the steak was tough and chewy and flavorless]

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgnO8Ht5eQlZNIEdkyLIqMUldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

....which one would YOU pick?

Steak from Flying FIsh Cafe

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgIlhp06M8bAVDSGJklKXSNUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Steak from GF Cafe [looks can be deceiving - the steak was tough and chewy and flavorless]

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgnO8Ht5eQlZNIEdkyLIqMUldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

....which one would YOU pick?

I actually think the one from Flying Fish looks much better & would pick that one. Steaks should have a nice char.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter