Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Ok guys, so walking back from the boat and the lights are on in Boca Chica… looking in, the beds look like the same exact beds as shown earlier from my room in Big Pine Key! The chandelier also appears to be the same. I know it’s probably hard to tell from these pictures but it looks exactly like my BPK room from here. I asked the cast member and they did confirm they will be the same as BPK. Take that for what it’s worth.

AE1341A7-4B39-4AA4-9875-1332E95BA97A.jpegAA2AF91C-8155-4833-9F00-FB1D3D9677E9.jpegBD144CEB-A97E-4851-9958-8B6E763353EF.jpeg

Last edited:

It’s not disruptive at all. Where the arrow is is where the construction was located… one of the furthest points from BPK. I did not find the construction to be bothersome at all today, even while at the pool. I actually didn’t even notice it unless walking passed it.

Used this picture for a visual… I was talking a pic of the sky, but you can see both buildings.

View attachment 692095

Thank you, I'm hoping for the best!

If anyone is there and can post the August activities schedule, that would be super helpful! I'm trying to plan what evening we'll stick around the resort and watch the movie.

I know it’s probably hard to tell from these pictures but it looks exactly like my BPK room from here. I asked the cast member and they did confirm they will be the same as BPK.
I hope the remodeled rooms look just like the BPK rooms. Those are gorgeous. But I'm sure they won't have the microwave. :)

The bathrooms were in desperate need of remodeling.

Last edited:
I get Disney's design once, build twice (or more) philosophy in the theme parks... but I'm not sure what I think about this carrying over to the resorts. As a guest I like having a variety of accommodation options so have always appreciated the differences in hotel vs villas. And if they are in fact carbon copies Disney can at any moment easily convert more hotel rooms to DVC... and before long GF is a shell of its former hotel self just like WL. I concede that is cynical thinking, but…

Ok guys, so walking back from the boat and the lights are on in Boca Chica… looking in, the beds look like the same exact beds as shown earlier from my room in Big Pine Key! The chandelier also appears to be the same. I know it’s probably hard to tell from these pictures but it looks exactly like my BPK room from here. I asked the cast member and they did confirm they will be the same as BPK. Take that for what it’s worth.

View attachment 692289View attachment 692291View attachment 692292
It does look like they've moved the bed closer to the window and removed the desk there? I don't love that change. Oh well. FWIW the pricing in the week I looked next year are identical for resort studio rooms and outer building cash rooms. Makes the pitch for buying DVC easier I would imagine.

It does look like they've moved the bed closer to the window and removed the desk there? I don't love that change. Oh well. FWIW the pricing in the week I looked next year are identical for resort studio rooms and outer building cash rooms. Makes the pitch for buying DVC easier I would imagine.
Every time we go downstairs to the lobby here in BPK, they are showing the sample room to a group of people or giving a speech of why they need to buy. Also always somebody sitting at the desk of the DVC Cam inside the main lobby! It seems as if they are doing pretty well with the new building!

Every time we go downstairs to the lobby here in BPK, they are showing the sample room to a group of people or giving a speech of why they need to buy. Also always somebody sitting at the desk of the DVC Cam inside the main lobby! It seems as if they are doing pretty well with the new building!
I know plenty like DVC accommodations for more space and amenities, but I don't think everyone realizes that until they stay in a 1-bedroom or larger. I know I would have personally purchased sooner if I could have had 3 dedicated sleeping surfaces just like the cash rooms at my favorite resort for the price of a studio. Much easier to sell than 50 years on a pull out couch (especially for adults) IMO. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter