Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Is it possible to walk over to the Polynesian now from the GF? Or is the walkway blocked by construction?

Has anyone tried using the drink cooler in the new BPK rooms for food (small items like yogurt) and did it keep it cold enough? I'm used to having a mini fridge and like to have some things in the room from when we return from late nights in the park. We always stay till closing. Particularly since during the extra evening hours it sounds like there are basically no food carts/counter service locations open.

Thank you!

Is it possible to walk over to the Polynesian now from the GF? Or is the walkway blocked by construction?

Has anyone tried using the drink cooler in the new BPK rooms for food (small items like yogurt) and did it keep it cold enough? I'm used to having a mini fridge and like to have some things in the room from when we return from late nights in the park. We always stay till closing. Particularly since during the extra evening hours it sounds like there are basically no food carts/counter service locations open.

Thank you!
Yes, you can still walk to Poly!

I just returned from a stay at BPK and wrote about the beverage cooler HERE if you’re interested in reading it. Enjoy!

Yes, you can still walk to Poly!

I just returned from a stay at BPK and wrote about the beverage cooler HERE if you’re interested in reading it. Enjoy!

Happy to hear you can still walk to the Poly! Not sure why they got these drink coolers vs a mini fridge if they don't work at all to keep things cold. Sounds like it didn't work for you at all.

I just read on another website that the permits were pulled for Conch Key and Sugar Loaf. Conch Key has the earlier expiration date so I assume that is the next building getting refurbed. Interesting that the Sugar Loaf permit was also pulled. Maybe there will be some overlap?

I just read on another website that the permits were pulled for Conch Key and Sugar Loaf. Conch Key has the earlier expiration date so I assume that is the next building getting refurbed. Interesting that the Sugar Loaf permit was also pulled. Maybe there will be some overlap?
Do you have any idea when they expire? I know that's not telling but they seem to rolling along at a decent pace. I'm scheduled to stay in a TPV outer building room in mid January. Trying to find the sweet spot when they will have a good pool of refurbished rooms and before they start anything with the Lobby.

Hi guys. New here. We’re thinking of buying a VGF contract soon and I’m wondering does the resort feel really crowded? How about the pools? We usually visit WDW in Feb and summer time. TIA!

Heading to VGF in October for the first time in many years. Trying to get a handle on dining options as am coming with a girlfriend, and she‘s never been, so I’m in charge ☺️

I’m familiar with Enchanted Rose, Narcoosees (know it’s closed for renovations) , and V&A is not of interest to us. I don’t know much about Grand Floridian café, but have read up on Citricos.

So am looking for a bit more information on GF Cafe, quick service at Gasparilla‘s Grill, food options at the pools, as well as the room service. Is there someplace I can find any of these menus (as well as operating hours) in advance?

Also, what’s our best bet for breakfast if we’d like to do a sit down brunch mid morning?

Many thanks!

Heading to VGF in October for the first time in many years. Trying to get a handle on dining options as am coming with a girlfriend, and she‘s never been, so I’m in charge ☺️

I’m familiar with Enchanted Rose, Narcoosees (know it’s closed for renovations) , and V&A is not of interest to us. I don’t know much about Grand Floridian café, but have read up on Citricos.

So am looking for a bit more information on GF Cafe, quick service at Gasparilla‘s Grill, food options at the pools, as well as the room service. Is there someplace I can find any of these menus (as well as operating hours) in advance?

Also, what’s our best bet for breakfast if we’d like to do a sit down brunch mid morning?

Many thanks!
If you look in MDE at restaurants under GF it had the menus and hours.

Do you have any idea when they expire? I know that's not telling but they seem to rolling along at a decent pace. I'm scheduled to stay in a TPV outer building room in mid January. Trying to find the sweet spot when they will have a good pool of refurbished rooms and before they start anything with the Lobby.

The expiration dates don't correlate with the opening of the building for guests. For example, the Boca Chica permit has an expiration of 04/25/23. This building will probably reopen by end of September given it is approximately the same size as BPK. Conch Key and Sugar Loaf are smaller buildings so I would expect the timeline to be a little shorter for closure.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjlQH9WpAljtD19h-OLXNoIVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiOE5ENz_elQw06TfOISDfOaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter