Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

They shut down mobile ordering for non-resort guests when it's especially busy so people don't try to park there. I have been able walk up and order - at least at the Contempo Cafe - when I was there last month.
I'm usually at BLT, so mobile ordering was never an issue at Contempo Cafe. I've never gone over to Gasparilla's or Capt. Cooks before. I've just never encountered that message. Definitely want to know before I make the trek as I'm staying at AOA this trip.

I'm usually at BLT, so mobile ordering was never an issue at Contempo Cafe. I've never gone over to Gasparilla's or Capt. Cooks before. I've just never encountered that message. Definitely want to know before I make the trek as I'm staying at AOA this trip.
In all honesty, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you arrive on Disney transportation. The real problem is the sheer number of folks trying to park at Contemporary or Grand Floridian since both are walking distance to the park.

In all honesty, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you arrive on Disney transportation. The real problem is the sheer number of folks trying to park at Contemporary or Grand Floridian since both are walking distance to the park.
Agreed I thought that has popped up last few months but I ordered anyways.
Also there are cupcakes and other fun treats at that Kona Island stand adjacent to kona cafe. It’s a walk up counter so no issues. They have choc covered strawberries too! @Violetspider

Also Bay view gifts 4th floor concourse has a treat case that is walk up!

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone! I haven't had a chance to check in for awhile.

I am loving the 50th celebration merchandise and to angry over the price gauging on Ebay, Mercari, Poshmark etc.

If anyone is going soon or there, can you check for me if the Starbucks 50th Anniversary Been There Mugs have been replenished. I really hate to pay $55 for a $22 mug.

Thanks

I am loving the 50th celebration merchandise and to angry over the price gauging on Ebay, Mercari, Poshmark etc.

If anyone is going soon or there, can you check for me if the Starbucks 50th Anniversary Been There Mugs have been replenished. I really hate to pay $55 for a $22 mug.

Thanks

I'll look for you this week- because I am thinking about them too. Which Parks are you hoping for?

There’s probably a better place for me to ask this question but putting it here: staying at the Grand in November But staying offsite the night before my first park day (Late night arrival the night before). Will I have access to early park hours on the morning after I arrive even though I can’t check into the GF until 4 pm?

There’s probably a better place for me to ask this question but putting it here: staying at the Grand in November But staying offsite the night before my first park day (Late night arrival the night before). Will I have access to early park hours on the morning after I arrive even though I can’t check into the GF until 4 pm?
You will be able to access the early hours park entrances on the day your GF reservation begins. You don't have to check into your resort. :)

Thanks
Same here.

I wanted a 50th Dooney cause I needed one to go with my 40th plus the MK & I blew out the same amount of candles this year. Thought I missed my chance for one on Oct 8 when they moved it from the Dooney section so I went looking and saw them for anywhere between $398 to $800 on Ebay.

So I said NOPE. Then checked Shop Disney but looked in the 50th Anniversary section and BOOM that's were they were moved to. My new Dooney arrives sometime tomorrow..

In other news I have no trips booked just lots of fantasy trips.

Hi to everyone. Safe Travels to those traveling soon!

Same here.

I wanted a 50th Dooney cause I needed one to go with my 40th plus the MK & I blew out the same amount of candles this year. Thought I missed my chance for one on Oct 8 when they moved it from the Dooney section so I went looking and saw them for anywhere between $398 to $800 on Ebay.

So I said NOPE. Then checked Shop Disney but looked in the 50th Anniversary section and BOOM that's were they were moved to. My new Dooney arrives sometime tomorrow..

In other news I have no trips booked just lots of fantasy trips.

Hi to everyone. Safe Travels to those traveling soon!

Enjoy it!!!!! I love my Disney Dooney’s! They make me happy!!! 🥰🥰 👜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter