Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I was lucky and added a last minute trip 12/29/20-1/4/21. We had a lagoon view room at the end of BC and had a nice view of castle.
The grounds did not have the poinsettias or lighted reindeer. No band or GB house made for an empty and quiet lobby.

I got so lucky that I caught a reservation for CG the morning of NYE for that night. They have out NYE hats ! While at dinner we called dd and said come ! Dads gonna meet up with friends and golf the next few days. So she drunk booked a flight for 1st thing in the morning. ( it was nye and she’s young lol)

I then caught another cancel and took dd to CG the next next!

Things certainly were not “normal” but memories were still made. 2616CD2E-B679-44D3-B8BA-7827D2D684F3.jpeg

So… I was talking to my DD (13) last night and we were talking about The Grand and how excited we are about our upcoming stay there. She then says “I can’t wait to see the pool bar attendant. I think it’s great he always remembers us!!” She even remembered his name!!! I mean, there’s two things wrong with her comment to me… #1 - she’s looking forward to seeing the pool bar attendant and #2 - I’m not sure if it’s a positive that the pool bar attendant always remembers us 😂😂 I laughed way too hard last night!!!!! Thought I’d share! 🙃

This is too funny!!! Sounds like my kind of trip....BTW, I know the pool bar attendant too. :rotfl2: No judgement, just a little envious:rolleyes1:drinking1

So… I was talking to my DD (13) last night and we were talking about The Grand and how excited we are about our upcoming stay there. She then says “I can’t wait to see the pool bar attendant. I think it’s great he always remembers us!!” She even remembered his name!!! I mean, there’s two things wrong with her comment to me… #1 - she’s looking forward to seeing the pool bar attendant and #2 - I’m not sure if it’s a positive that the pool bar attendant always remembers us 😂😂 I laughed way too hard last night!!!!! Thought I’d share! 🙃
Love it!

Pumpkin Pie Cake Pop at Gasparilla Grill

The cinnamon spiced cupcake features a sweet and creamy apple filling.It is topped with a sugar pumpkin and maple buttercream frosting!

The pumpkin spiced cake pop is wrapped in delicious white chocolate and resembles an autumn pumpkin.

IMG_2581-768x1024.jpg

Upon digging around on old posts in this thread I saw some folks mention a keurig/nespresso coffee situation in the lobby of the VGF; we're super excited to be staying there in May and have some serious coffee addicts in the group. Is anyone able to confirm whether or not this is still a thing? Should we be bringing coffee pods? :p I got the impression whatever machine was there might have disappeared with the emergence of COVID...

We will be staying at GF January 24-26! I just noticed the AP discounts for January so I called in to have the offer applied to our split stay. They were able to apply to the first 3 nights at BWI but the Poly reservation wasn’t available. She was able to move us to GF lagoon view instead!

Upon digging around on old posts in this thread I saw some folks mention a keurig/nespresso coffee situation in the lobby of the VGF; we're super excited to be staying there in May and have some serious coffee addicts in the group. Is anyone able to confirm whether or not this is still a thing? Should we be bringing coffee pods? :p I got the impression whatever machine was there might have disappeared with the emergence of COVID...

The Nespresso machine in the lobby was great and it was disappointing to find they had removed it. It’s my understanding, from others that have asked on more recent stays, that it’s not returning. I HOPE that changes, but haven’t heard otherwise. I’ll follow up with you during my upcoming stay and confirm either way.

Thank you very much! This looks fun; considering a stay at the Grand for next Halloween.
It was fun! They used a fog machine and made it look "haunted" outside. Here are a few pics! Although I'll say I've done Halloween at a few Deluxe resorts and Wilderness Lodge is the best! But you can always visit other resorts for trick or treating, too.

Attachments

• P1480314.JPG
    P1480314.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 26
  • P1480308.JPG
    P1480308.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 26

Norm!!
There could be worse things I guess…the bartenders at the Holiday Inn lounge on 192 remember my name and favorite cocktail…. Nothing wrong with that…

I’m here now and the nespresso machine hasn’t returned.

Can anyone tell me what the room request options are during the online check in and how many you can have? Do you choose a building, high floor, are there any other options? Never done online check in or made room requests before. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter