Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Call and ask because sometimes it varies with covid.

You can place your order the day before if needed .

On the plane for wdw now ! BWI is my 1st stop but GF tomorrow 🥰

Have a great trip!! Looking forward to seeing your pictures!!! 🥰

Disney has offered a new look at the upcoming DVC expansion and refurbishment at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.

7765768E-95D0-4A68-A9DC-2C94ACE6A1E7.jpeg

375E45EC-BB70-444D-8E2F-854EC1547AC4.jpeg

ECDC2350-1982-4020-A802-DAB0B9D5959A.jpeg

C544CE03-D2E5-48D3-8FA0-759EB32CA1EC.jpeg

8FED4199-A192-46F1-82B9-0C617636575F.jpeg

There is also a detailed website dedicated to the refurb… HERE

Seems as there will be a STUDIO and a DELUXE STUDIO. If reading correctly, the Studio will not have a sink, microwave or toaster.

Discover stylish accommodations evoking a world of Victorian charm and grandeur. The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offer an array of room options, including:

• NEW! Resort Studios
  • Deluxe Studios
  • 1-Bedroom Villas
  • 2-Bedroom Villas
  • 3-Bedroom Villas
Whichever you choose, your stay at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will transport you to an era of bygone splendor, where you and your family can relax and explore at your leisure.

NEW! Resort Studios*
These all-new Studios will sleep up to 5 Guests, with 2 queen-size beds and a day bed. Enjoy luxe touches like quartz countertops, ornate crown molding and patterned tile. Resort Studios also feature a flat-screen TV, a beverage center with a beverage cooler and coffee maker, and a gleaming bathroom with marble tile floors and a combo bath/shower.

NEW! Enhancements to Deluxe Studios and Villas
Deluxe Studios and Villas will soon be enhanced with cleverly redesigned living areas and the finest Victorian design touches, including new textiles in living rooms and bedrooms.

Deluxe Studios
Each Deluxe Studio sleeps up to 5, and will include a new pull-down, queen-size bed that tucks away seamlessly into the wall, in addition to a queen-size bed and a charming pull-down bunk-size bed that’s perfect for little ones. Deluxe Studios also have a full split bathroom with separate private areas, a flat-panel TV and a kitchenette with a wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.

Are there any studio rooms that face the lake that also has a view of Magic Kingdom we are reserving a room with DVC and want to give them a room number?

I think they should use this design for the regular GF (aka non DVC)rooms when they finally update them.
Fingers crossed they keep the tubs when they finally do the reno (yes I like to take a HOT bath & soak in those
tubs after a long park day. Plus they're bigger than my tub at home)

There is also a detailed website dedicated to the refurb… HERE

Seems as there will be a STUDIO and a DELUXE STUDIO. If reading correctly, the Studio will not have a sink, microwave or toaster.

Discover stylish accommodations evoking a world of Victorian charm and grandeur. The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offer an array of room options, including:

• NEW! Resort Studios
  • Deluxe Studios
  • 1-Bedroom Villas
  • 2-Bedroom Villas
  • 3-Bedroom Villas
Whichever you choose, your stay at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will transport you to an era of bygone splendor, where you and your family can relax and explore at your leisure.

NEW! Resort Studios*
These all-new Studios will sleep up to 5 Guests, with 2 queen-size beds and a day bed. Enjoy luxe touches like quartz countertops, ornate crown molding and patterned tile. Resort Studios also feature a flat-screen TV, a beverage center with a beverage cooler and coffee maker, and a gleaming bathroom with marble tile floors and a combo bath/shower.

To me it sounds like "Resort Studio" is just a regular non DVC room

I have been stalking the DVC website for days because I wanted to add a day to our upcoming stay at The Grand (since I have 25 points to burn before March!) Obviously, everything is gone! I literally wrote it off and assumed I wasn’t going to get anything, especially since it’s a holiday!! Then yesterday, out of nowhere, the one day I needed popped up and I grabbed it!!! I’m giddy! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if GF has Nespresos in the rooms, my wife claims that she saw it in a Tim Tracker episode from their trip to GF a few months back

i'm going to sounds like a Noob on this one, but does a 2 bedroom villa count as a "suite"?

So a “villa” in WDW speak is a DVC room. Most villas will be booked by DVC members using their points, but some can also be sold on a cash basis / booked like a hotel room by Disney. A 2 BR Villa generally wouldn’t be referred to as a “suite” in Disney resort lingo, but could be called a suite by someone speaking more casually/generically.

Generally speaking when people use the word “suite” at a Disney resort, it would be a hotel-side above-standard sized room, like a 1BR or larger. There aren’t that many suites at WDW resorts, although there are several different kinds at GF in the various hotel-side buildings.

Does that make sense?

So a “villa” in WDW speak is a DVC room. Most villas will be booked by DVC members using their points, but some can also be sold on a cash basis / booked like a hotel room by Disney. A 2 BR Villa generally wouldn’t be referred to as a “suite” in Disney resort lingo, but could be called a suite by someone speaking more casually/generically.

Generally speaking when people use the word “suite” at a Disney resort, it would be a hotel-side above-standard sized room, like a 1BR or larger. There aren’t that many suites at WDW resorts, although there are several different kinds at GF in the various hotel-side buildings.

Does that make sense?
Got it, i just wasn't sure how Disney would classify it, bc i know they will book DVC rooms on the general booking side as well

Planning to do some 50th Anniversary dessert sampling on the Monorail route later this month and just noticed that mobile ordering at Gasparilla's (and Capt. Cooks at Poly) is reserved for resort guests only. Having a difficult time figuring out why and am wondering if I'll have a problem as a non-guest walking up to order. Any insights?

Planning to do some 50th Anniversary dessert sampling on the Monorail route later this month and just noticed that mobile ordering at Gasparilla's (and Capt. Cooks at Poly) is reserved for resort guests only. Having a difficult time figuring out why and am wondering if I'll have a problem as a non-guest walking up to order. Any insights?

They shut down mobile ordering for non-resort guests when it's especially busy so people don't try to park there. I have been able walk up and order - at least at the Contempo Cafe - when I was there last month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter