• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

I thought the path along the lake was closed.

That is closed, I was able to walk it from the Campground side but it did not go very far before I came across a fence/gate.

Disney 3-2017 006 copy.jpg

There is a paved path near the road that the buses use to travel between the Lodge and campground.

Has anyone done Early Morning Magic at MK from FW? Sounds like the boat to the Contemporary starts at 6:45. Is that my best bet? Is there also a bus running from the Outpost at that time?

Is there also a bus running from the Outpost at that time?

Sorry, I totally spaced this part of your post. I spend a lot of time camping at FW and on the camping forums further down the page, I do not recall anyone mentioning a bus running that early to the Mk.

Has anyone done Early Morning Magic at MK from FW? Sounds like the boat to the Contemporary starts at 6:45. Is that my best bet? Is there also a bus running from the Outpost at that time?

Sorry, I totally spaced this part of your post. I spend a lot of time camping at FW and on the camping forums further down the page, I do not recall anyone mentioning a bus running that early to the Mk.

You can not take a bus from the outpost to MK. If you want to get a bus to the MK, you must catch a bus from the settlement and ride over to the lodge and transfer over to the MK bus there.

That is closed, I was able to walk it from the Campground side but it did not go very far before I came across a fence/gate.

View attachment 236867

There is a paved path near the road that the buses use to travel between the Lodge and campground.

Yes it was closed once the WL DVC cabins along the water's edge started construction. It's been blocked off for a while.

Bama Ed

Ok this is going to be my first time at the Fort! I decided to move my batchelorette party to the Cabins so that we have more beds for people to sleep on.

Can't wait to check a new place off my list of places I have stayed at Disney!

If I buy groceries on my arrival day and my cabin isn't ready yet, will Bell Services hold the cold things for us?

Are there any premium campsites near the water? The map makes it look like there are streams throughout the campground. Trying to decide what to request for a premium site. Any input would be appreciated! :tongue:

There is golf cart parking at the marina and more closer to the Settlement area if that parking closest to the marina is full. There are two lines at the boat dock. One for going directly to and from MK and one that goes between FW/WL/CR. On occasion, a direct MK boat may stop at WL on the way to or from the MK.

We will be driving from Texas, and I'm seriously considering getting a FW Cabin. I know you can park your car (if you have one) right in front of your cabin, but if you want to take a boat to MK, can you drive your car and park it at the marina, or is that parking only for golf carts? Not everyone in my family enjoys walking as much as I do. Is there parking for cars at the eating places and/or pool & laundry?
Thanks in advance!

We will be driving from Texas, and I'm seriously considering getting a FW Cabin. I know you can park your car (if you have one) right in front of your cabin, but if you want to take a boat to MK, can you drive your car and park it at the marina, or is that parking only for golf carts? Not everyone in my family enjoys walking as much as I do. Is there parking for cars at the eating places and/or pool & laundry?
Thanks in advance!
No there is no car parking at the marina or at Pioneer Hall for the restaurants.
There are internal buses that take you around the campground. You need to leave your car at the Cabin and either walk, take the internal buses, or rent a golf cart.

I just read about the campfire ban and am wondering if Chip and Dale's singalong is still happening without the campfire? We head down next week and any info would be great, we are really looking forward to this :-)

Hi we are heading to the cabins next month. Anyone know if they have lifted the ban on BBQs yet? Hoping the wildfire threat is reduced. We enjoyed grilling last time we stayed...

Hi all, I have been reading these forums for a while now and just decided to join tonight. I have some questions do you really need a golf cart for the resort? How do you get to your cabin if you don't have a car? What's the best cabin loop to ask for near a comfort station and transportation? We are four adults staying for the first time at the Fort. I did have us booked at AOA family suite but we wanted a kitchen to cook as two in our group is diabetic.

Hi all, I have been reading these forums for a while now and just decided to join tonight. I have some questions do you really need a golf cart for the resort? How do you get to your cabin if you don't have a car? What's the best cabin loop to ask for near a comfort station and transportation? We are four adults staying for the first time at the Fort. I did have us booked at AOA family suite but we wanted a kitchen to cook as two in our group is diabetic.

1. We prefer a golf cart but you don't need one. You just walk from your cabin to the internal bus stop and ride it to where you want to go (main bus stop or towards where you get on the boats).
2. You are in a cabin so the comfort stations aren't needed - those are showers and bathrooms for the tent campers. You'll have a bathroom and shower.

If you go to the camping section and post questions there are a ton of people like Bama Ed that can answer most of your questions. I stay there every year but am not a loop expert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter