Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Hi all, I have been reading these forums for a while now and just decided to join tonight. I have some questions do you really need a golf cart for the resort? How do you get to your cabin if you don't have a car? What's the best cabin loop to ask for near a comfort station and transportation? We are four adults staying for the first time at the Fort. I did have us booked at AOA family suite but we wanted a kitchen to cook as two in our group is diabetic.
We like loop 2500 because it is near the quiet pool. There's a bus stop by it too. We even walked to the outpost one morning to catch the bus to the parks and it wasn't too far. But it was November so the weather is nice for being outdoors.

Which cabin loop would be closest to one of the comfort stations? Looking at the FW map, it looks like loop 2500 and 2100 would both work. We've stayed at the cabins once before. This time we would like access to a 2nd bathroom in case of emergencies. Thanks for your help!

Which cabin loop would be closest to one of the comfort stations? Looking at the FW map, it looks like loop 2500 and 2100 would both work. We've stayed at the cabins once before. This time we would like access to a 2nd bathroom in case of emergencies. Thanks for your help!
2100 is no longer a cabin loop. The comfort station marked on the map near 2500 is at the quiet pool and has restrooms and laundry but no showers. 2200 would be close to the comfort station at loop 1100 if you want near one with showers.

Howdy, this question may have already been answered but I don't see an answer specifically for this year. (Sorry if I overlooked it.) What time on Halloween day does the golf cart parade start, and what is its route? Thanks in advance.

I asked this on transportation board but haven't gotten a response.

Going from Fort Wilderness to Ohana for a 5 pm dinner. Is it any quicker to take boat to MK then monorail or boat to Contemporary then monorail? Just take whichever boat comes first?

Also we plan to do laundry once when there. Are there any "free and clear", unscented type detergents available in the vending machines?

I asked this on transportation board but haven't gotten a response.

Going from Fort Wilderness to Ohana for a 5 pm dinner. Is it any quicker to take boat to MK then monorail or boat to Contemporary then monorail? Just take whichever boat comes first?

Also we plan to do laundry once when there. Are there any "free and clear", unscented type detergents available in the vending machines?

Boat to CR, then monorail to Poly. That will be your fastest route.

Sorry, I've never paid attention to the detergents available in the laundry room. We just buy the detergent pods at home and throw a few in our suitcase to bring along.

Howdy, this question may have already been answered but I don't see an answer specifically for this year. (Sorry if I overlooked it.) What time on Halloween day does the golf cart parade start, and what is its route? Thanks in advance.

I haven't been to the Fort on Halloween, so I can't answer your question. But, I just wanted to say that if you post this question over on the Camping forum, those folks know everything about Fort Wilderness! :)

Hoping someone has experience with this or knows where I can find the answer. Considering renting a camper to stay at the Fort in the future no dates set. If we arrive by plane can we take DME? Will they be able to deliver our bags of not directly to the camper somewhere that we can pick them up? Would it be better to just get them ourselves?

Hoping someone has experience with this or knows where I can find the answer. Considering renting a camper to stay at the Fort in the future no dates set. If we arrive by plane can we take DME? Will they be able to deliver our bags of not directly to the camper somewhere that we can pick them up? Would it be better to just get them ourselves?
Yes you can take the DME. I would think you could also use the luggage delivery. You would probably have to arrange with bell services to get the bags dropped off at a time you would be at the camper.

Hello all! My family will be staying in a cabin during the first week of September! We will have three adults between 40-55, my grandmother, 80, and myself with my sister (both in our 20's). We chose the cabins for the ideal sleeping situation (sis and I will be back in bunks like our childhood haha). So I noticed the property has a lot of recreation, which is great because the older adults in our party will only be going to the parks for 4 days. How do the amenities work? Do they have equipment for rent for the tennis court or balls for the volleyball nets? What time do they do marshmallow roasting? If we're at the cabins, how far is hat from the lake? Will we need to rent a golf cart? How much does that cost? My sister and I are Disney regulars, but we always stay at CBR, so we are new to other resorts. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Hello all! My family will be staying in a cabin during the first week of September! We will have three adults between 40-55, my grandmother, 80, and myself with my sister (both in our 20's). We chose the cabins for the ideal sleeping situation (sis and I will be back in bunks like our childhood haha). So I noticed the property has a lot of recreation, which is great because the older adults in our party will only be going to the parks for 4 days. How do the amenities work? Do they have equipment for rent for the tennis court or balls for the volleyball nets? What time do they do marshmallow roasting? If we're at the cabins, how far is hat from the lake? Will we need to rent a golf cart? How much does that cost? My sister and I are Disney regulars, but we always stay at CBR, so we are new to other resorts. Any advice would be great! Thanks!
Golf cart info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/golf-cart-rental/
Most of the carts are 4 seaters but they do have a small number of 6 seaters.
A golf cart is not essential as the internal bus system is fairly efficient.
The cabins are the farthest accommodations from the boat dock. It would be a long walk. The internal bus will get you down there if you don't get a golf cart.
Not sure about tennis and volleyball.
The campfire begins at 730 in September I believe. They sell Smores kits at the campfire or bring your own.
Check out the camping at disney forums
https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/
Lots of good info over there.

I see they have a golf cart drive in movie one night in August -has anyone ever done this, do you know if you can still see/watch the movie without a cart or is it mandatory?

We are going to be staying in the cabins for the first time in September. We are DVC members, but decided to save our points for a blow out next year. Can't wait to see what all the hype is about!

@ Maui - We are going in Late October for Halloween. Never stayed in cabins, but have visited the grounds by bike while staying at Wilderness Lodge. We've done the movie/campfire/smores night, rode ponies, view the big horses used in the parade and fished once.

Anything about the cabins themselves you found extra-ordinary or different? I see a full kitchen, have they been remodeled lately? I've found old photos and newer on the disboards and other sites.

Thanks,
Bfrosty

@ Maui - We are going in Late October for Halloween. Never stayed in cabins, but have visited the grounds by bike while staying at Wilderness Lodge. We've done the movie/campfire/smores night, rode ponies, view the big horses used in the parade and fished once.

Anything about the cabins themselves you found extra-ordinary or different? I see a full kitchen, have they been remodeled lately? I've found old photos and newer on the disboards and other sites.

Thanks,
Bfrosty
The cabin renovations were completed in early 2016. The 2100 loop is no longer a cabin loop. The cabins were removed and is now an RV loop. The cabins do have a full kitchen with full size fridge, cook top, and a convection oven/microwave. There is also an outdoor charcoal grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter