• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

We will be there in October. We want to go over to Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Poly or Grand Floridian for breakfast (need a Mickey waffle ;) ) before going to Magic Kingdom. Do any of the boats launch from Fort Wilderness directly to any of those resorts? Or do we HAVE to go to Magic Kingdom and then take a boat from there to a resort? Thanks-

True enough, but I know when I started researching, I came here first, not knowing I had to go to a entirely different section for info on one particular resort, instead of finding it in the general resort category. So I like to help people by keeping this thread alive, too.
Also, the camping board sometimes feels like it has more content for *campers* rather than people like myself staying in the cabins. Campers have a whole different set of questions and issues. Like, I still haven't gotten a good feel for which section of cabins I might want to request because so few people over there have cabin experience. :)

It's never made much sense on the separation but it is what it is.

True enough, but I know when I started researching, I came here first, not knowing I had to go to a entirely different section for info on one particular resort, instead of finding it in the general resort category. So I like to help people by keeping this thread alive, too.
Also, the camping board sometimes feels like it has more content for *campers* rather than people like myself staying in the cabins. Campers have a whole different set of questions and issues. Like, I still haven't gotten a good feel for which section of cabins I might want to request because so few people over there have cabin experience. :)

The Camping Board was in existence LONG before this thread, so guess where I started off? ;)

The CB is everything FW related. Imo, this thread was created for the purpose of the cabins, since there wasn't much info about them. Heather (the OP) frequents the CB, so there's no weird loyalty going on between the two. I understand why this thread was created here, but the wealth of updated FW info is going to be over on the CB.

..anyway, I always tell my DH that when I grow up, I want to be a FW camper :snooty:

Regarding cabin loop suggestions - are you going to have a golf cart? Then there's really no bad loop. Do you have napping children? Then you probably want to avoid the cabins that sit along the roads with a bus route. Do you want to be near a quiet pool? That would be 2500, but it fills extremely fast. Do you plan to decorate your cabin? Pick a cabin on the left hand side of the loop, that way guests can see your decorations in the front of your cabin...please ask me anything :)

Last edited:

Regarding cabin loop suggestions - are you going to have a golf cart? Then there's really no bad loop. Do you have napping children? Then you probably want to avoid the cabins that sit along the roads with a bus route. Do you want to be near a quiet pool? That would be 2500, but it fills extremely fast. Do you plan to decorate your cabin? Pick a cabin on the left hand side of the loop, that way guests can see your decorations in the front of your cabin...please ask me anything :)

Absolutely, anyone who plans on staying at FW has to use the Camping Board, as that's where you'll find the people with all the experience with all the elements of the resort and know how to get around best, people who have been there in every season, etc.

We will have a golf cart. The quiet pool does not want my children anywhere near it. We do have a napping toddler. Too lazy to decorate, but so grateful for and excited to see anyone who does!
I guess I care most about a location convenient to the restaurants or the ferry. Maybe near a comfort station in case we have desperate need of a second toilet, or near the laundry. I look at the maps, but can't get a bead on what cabins would be best for us. Good to hear that golf carts make whatever we end up with reasonable.

What's the easiest way to get from the cabins to Fort Wilderness Lodge? (We'll have a golf cart and a car)

I'm hoping to see the Christmas Golf Cart Parade. Does it take place every Saturday in December? And what time does it start? Thanks!

When we get back to FW from MVMCP (probably around 10:00ish), will campsites still have their Christmas lights lit up? What time do things start to quiet down in terms of touring the loops (on a golf cart)?

What's the easiest way to get from the cabins to Fort Wilderness Lodge? (We'll have a golf cart and a car)

First, it is Wilderness Lodge, no Fort. I just want to make sure you know this because the use of Fort in front can cause issues if you are asking questions. I have seen people wanting Wilderness Lodge ending up at Fort Wilderness when they ask for the Fort Wilderness Lodge when at WDW.

I usually take a golf cart to the golf cart parking area near the Settlement and then take the bus to WL or I walk from the Settlement to WL. There is a golf car parking lot, basically across the street from the Settlement bus stop.

Cabin loop question: I'd like to submit a request (and I realize it is only a request) to be in a cabin near a Comfort Station. Which would be the best ones to ask for?

Cabin loop question: I'd like to submit a request (and I realize it is only a request) to be in a cabin near a Comfort Station. Which would be the best ones to ask for?
I would go with 2200 as that would put you near camping loop 1100 and near their comfort station. The map of FW labels a comfort station by the quiet pool but I don't think there are showers there. I will be there this weekend so I will be sure to check and confirm what is by the quiet pool.

Good to know about no showers at the quiet pool! Is 2100 an option or is that a campsite loop?

Good to know about no showers at the quiet pool! Is 2100 an option or is that a campsite loop?
Was a cabin loop until just a few months ago. Disney moved all the cabins out and converted the loop to campsites. It was the perfect location to be near the comfort station. We were there just a year ago and our cabin was right by the comfort station. It was so convenient for laundry.

Best ones would be 100 loop. Those are the holy grail of cabins

But they aren't granted on requests or else they'd be occupied every single day. They do come up in the random rotation assignments if not given over to "VIPs" which is what they are there for.

Best not to get hung up on the pair of 100 cabins.

Bama Ed

PS - go for the 2200 loop which is close to the 1100 Comfort Station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter