Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Hi Everyone - I'm thinking of putting in a request for a cabin loop this for our trip end of January. We will have a golf cart but would like to be near the quiet pool. My elderly mother won't be going to the parks all the time and loves sitting by the pool reading and i dont want her to have to travel too far (she wont drive the golf cart)... what the best loop to request and also is it worth requesting (i'm not sure the best wording) to be on the outside of a loop rather on the inside? Thanks!

But they aren't granted on requests or else they'd be occupied every single day. They do come up in the random rotation assignments if not given over to "VIPs" which is what they are there for.

Best not to get hung up on the pair of 100 cabins.

Bama Ed

PS - go for the 2200 loop which is close to the 1100 Comfort Station.

I was just joking Ed. I know the are VIP cabins, but normal people have lucked out in the past. :)

I was just joking Ed. I know the are VIP cabins, but normal people have lucked out in the past. :)

I missed that Michelle, sorry. :duck:

Yes, we've had DIS'sers over the years get them.

Hi Everyone - I'm thinking of putting in a request for a cabin loop this for our trip end of January. We will have a golf cart but would like to be near the quiet pool. My elderly mother won't be going to the parks all the time and loves sitting by the pool reading and i dont want her to have to travel too far (she wont drive the golf cart)... what the best loop to request and also is it worth requesting (i'm not sure the best wording) to be on the outside of a loop rather on the inside? Thanks!
The 2500 loop is a small loop and is right next to the quiet pool. It is a short, easy walk over. We requested this loop ahead of time to be near the pool and laundry. I would request, if possible to be away from the bus stop. We are right across the street from the bus stop and we hear the busses stopping and beeping when they pick up and drop off. It's not awful but if you're a light sleeper may keep you awake.
Our cabin is on the outer part of the loop, backed up to the main road.

We've been home for about a week and thought I'd report on our experience.
Many ask about taking the boat for rope drop. We went 11/14 at 7:30 am and 11/11 at 630 am and arrived both times to see the opening show. The boat was there exactly 30 minutes before the park opened.
We cooked a lot in the cabin and didn't find it much different from using my oven at home. They do need a baking sheet and hot pads and a pizza cutter in the kitchen.
We had ordered charcoal for the grill but needed something to light it with. The camp store gave us a few small packs of matches. We were glad we asked before buying a lighter for a couple times.

Hello everyone! We'll be visiting Ft Wilderness one morning for breakfast at Trail's End, dropped of by an Uber. Does this mean we'll be dropped off at the front area and need to take the internal bus back to the restaurant? Or can drop-offs go straight to Pioneer Hall? Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone! We'll be visiting Ft Wilderness one morning for breakfast at Trail's End, dropped of by an Uber. Does this mean we'll be dropped off at the front area and need to take the internal bus back to the restaurant? Or can drop-offs go straight to Pioneer Hall? Thanks for your help!

Uber and taxis are directed to drop guests off at the front lot to board internal buses (Outpost Depot). FW roadways are patrolled and restricted to guest's vehicles going to/from their site because they don't want the traffic (for obvious safety reasons). The Settlement Depot near Trail's End also has enforced signage prohibiting personal vehicles. So unless you walk or rent a golf cart, it's best to use the internal buses.

Can rollaway beds/cots be requested for a cabin? We have 6 people so we do not exceed the minimum. Thanks!

Can you bring a stroller on the ferry to MK from FW?
Yes. there are 2 kinds of boats that service fw. the bigger boats go to mk and you can roll a stroller on. there is a smaller boat that goes between fw, the lodge, and contemporary. you can take a stroller on it but it needs folded. there is a step down into the boat.

Can rollaway beds/cots be requested for a cabin? We have 6 people so we do not exceed the minimum. Thanks!

Not sure about that since it sleeps 6 with the queen bed & bunks in the bedroom & and the queen sofa sleeper in the living room. Not sure where you would even have room to put one unless in the kitchen area

***Posted on main board as well****

We stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins for our Disney vacation. We were there from Sun, November 27th to Thursday, December 1st. Here are my opinions and observations.

We LOVED the cabins, like, loved them. Most people have golf carts. There are only 4 parking spots at the main pool, and none at the marina area. We did not get a cart.

Cabins:
They were very nice and spacious. The main room had the queen sized bed and two bunks. The queen bed was the most comfortable by far. My kids slept on the bunks, and they were fine for them, but one night my husband tried to sleep on the top bunk, and it was too short for him (he is 6 foot). The couch hide-a-way was better than most couch beds, but not super comfortable. The living area was large and had plenty of space for us (4 adults, 2 kids and an infant) between the couch and the dining room table. The cabins have plenty of storage imo for our stay as well. We had no problem with only one bath. We planned it out and some people got ready at night, and some did in the morning.

Transportation:
Golf carts make things a lot easier. There are plenty of cart parking spots all around. We did not have a golf cart, but once we realized the buses take you everywhere, we were fine. We had a bus stop close by our cabin which was nice. We never waited more than 5 minutes for any bus. They run like clockwork and there are always multiple buses running. It was very efficient. The buses went to the pool and marina as well as most cabin loops. The line for the boat can get pretty long, but the boat that takes you to MK holds plenty of people, and we never waited for a second boat. The ride over was quick and easy. I read a lot about the transportation being a downfall of the cabins, but we didn't find this at all. To be fair, we only used the boat, we drove our own car to AK, so I can't say whether the bus to this park was slow or not.

Atmosphere: The cabins were so relaxing. It felt good to get back after long days and relax. We had lots of space, and it was so quiet. I have a 5 month old, so not worrying about our neighbors hearing her every cry was very nice. I found the cabins to be chill and relaxed. I have stayed at the hotels before, and this was definitely a whole different feel. We were there early, but many people still had lights up. It was very nice.

Food: We ate at two different places on the grounds. We went to Hoop de Doo the first night. The first 15 or so minutes was pretty lame, so I was a bit disappointed, but the show picked up and it ended up being really cute and funny. The food was ok, but not amazing, except the cornbread. If I could have smuggled some cornbread home to eat the rest of the week, I would have. The chicken and ribs were fine, but nothing to write home about. Same with the sides. Overall, I found it was worth my money because my kids (4 and 6) had a great time.
The last night we ate at the Trail End's buffet. This buffet was excellent imo. They had SO much food, and almost everything I tried was very good. I asked my older son what his favorite food this trip was, and he said Trail's end.

Pool: We only had time to go to the pool once. It has one corkscrew slide. My kids had so much fun. They rode the slide at least 20 times. They have life jackets that can be borrowed, and a whole other side with splash pads for smaller kids. My kids had a blast and didn't want to leave.

So, I really have nothing negative except maybe more walking than I'd like at the end of a long day, but even then, the buses were efficient and the walk could be minimized by getting a golf cart or requesting a cabin close to a bus stop.

Feel free to ask any question if you had any. Hope this helps anybody trying to decide if a cabin is good for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter