Disney's Dining Experience Questions

littlesuitcase

Mouseketeer
I went to http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm to read about the DDE - the note at the top says it is open to pass holders outside of florida - my question is we are not residence of florida or annual passholders - first time visit for our family (2 adults and 2 children)

Can we pay the 75 - I see a 50 dollar for passholders(annual)??

Does the discount apply to a character breakfast if it is at the restaurant listed? It also says discount applies to member - if we sign up is our family a member or just the person signing up?

Also want to know if anyone has used this - does it really save you money.

We are using some of the restaurants listed

Contemporary-Chef Mickeys (breakfast-$17.99 for Adults, $9.99 for Children 3-11)

Contemporary-California Grill (I am guessing dinner for two will be about 120-150 dollars?)

Polynesian Resort
'Ohana (Adults $24.99; Children 3-11 $10.99)

Pop Century Resort- Everything Pop Shopping and Dining Classic Concoctions (I am sure we will get stuff here as we are staying at POP)

Epcot Restaurant Akershus for Princess Breakfast (Prices $21.99 for adults and $11.99 for children (ages 3-11)

? may go to AK Restaurantosaurus ($17.99 for adults / $9.99 for kids)

MK - Cinderella's Royal Table -breakfast (Adults $21.99 Children Under 11 $11.99)

The Crystal Palace (COST: $17.99 adults; Children $9.99 (3-11)

Without including Restaurantosaurus - and guessing at California grill and POP (may end up getting stuff from some of the other spots listed but can't say for sure. - I come out to 559.81. If my math is right I would save about 112.00 - the membership is 75. So that is 35 bucks.

Is it worth getting - is it a pain to take out each time - we are not planning to go back to disney at least this year.

My understanding is that you HAVE to be an annual passholder - and you admit that you are not. If you find that buying an annual pass saves money for you and your family, then you should consider that first, then think about the DDE.

In addition to the 20% off food, you get free valet parking - just show your DDE card. That is a $6 savings each time. (You would still tip, however)

We have the card and we do use it all the time and it does save us money, but then again - we are Florida residents. It's not a pain to take out, it sits with our credit card!

Good lluck to you!
:)

There appeared to be some confusion, both on the part of Disney and the part of several websites, just what was going on when DDE was opened up to AP holders at the start of this year.

The current policy from Disney is only Florida residents and Annual Passholders can purchase the DDE. Disney has appeared to be getting much stricter on making sure you are either one or the other before processing your order. Now, there are people who were able to purchase the DDE card without being either, but those folks appear to have done this very early in January during the transition-- I haven't seen many posts lately about people doing this recently (though I could be very wrong). The post you reference even states further down that someone contacted DDE directly and the recording stated FL residents and AP holders only.

Now, it could still be worth it to you to purchase one AP and then get the DDE card for your family. It could possibly work out to some savings, but you'd really have to get in there and crunch the numbers.

I hope this helps somewhat-- there indeed has been a lot of confusion about this lately

Solotraveler :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter