Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we order “to go” at Rix? There are a couple park days we would love to order room service and eat while getting ready for the park. With no room service the next best thing I can think of would be for my husband to grab a to go order from Rix and bring it back to the room. I know there’s the grab and go breakfast sandwiches, but we were looking for a bit more than that.

Can we order “to go” at Rix? There are a couple park days we would love to order room service and eat while getting ready for the park. With no room service the next best thing I can think of would be for my husband to grab a to go order from Rix and bring it back to the room. I know there’s the grab and go breakfast sandwiches, but we were looking for a bit more than that.

Yes you can order carry out. Sometimes around 5:30 they set up a station just outside the Rix Sports entrance where you can place an order and purchase sodas. If the station is not set up you can place your order at the checkin podium.

To answer some questions...yes the bridges make it easier to get around the property....getting to dining options is now def easier. Main pool when we were there earlier this week was 10-11pm but for some reason all the smaller pools were closed early in the morning when we went for an early swim. While we found the pool very busy in the late afternoons, the rest of the resort seemed pretty quiet to us.

Do you mind sharing the dates?

Dance the World runs June 28-July 2 (some residual/before after, but outside of the group event - we're staying 1 extra night at CSR and tacking on 2 nights before at a UO resort). They will be performing at Universal/City Walk this summer though - usually they perform at EPCOT and a parade down Main Street MK. Most are staying in moderate level resorts that are open - CSR, CBR, through it's probably 1/3-1/2 the size or so vs. those that signed up for last year when it was cancelled. Private event at AK the evening of July 1.

Dance the World runs June 28-July 2 (some residual/before after, but outside of the group event - we're staying 1 extra night at CSR and tacking on 2 nights before at a UO resort). They will be performing at Universal/City Walk this summer though - usually they perform at EPCOT and a parade down Main Street MK. Most are staying in moderate level resorts that are open - CSR, CBR, through it's probably 1/3-1/2 the size or so vs. those that signed up for last year when it was cancelled. Private event at AK the evening of July 1.

Thanks! It sounds like an amazing opportunity for the girls, an experience to remember! At Disneyland I have sat next to parents who had children participating with the parades-so much excitement And pride. Have a wonderful trip!

Thinking of requesting our rooms to be in Cabanas, for upcoming trip. Do all the buildings have elevators? 1 person will have a scooter, so need to know if we need 1st floor, or either. Thanks!!

Sorry - trying to share a video, but kept getting an error. *delete pls!

Last edited:
Can you link these trip reports? I would like to read them. I'm really concerned about not getting to use the pool.
This forum helped with planning our trip, so maybe this will help others:
The Dig pool reached capacity the last 2 full days of our trip when temps reached 80s. (Mar 24-25). The first day there was a quoted 2 hour wait list. Guests could use the quiet pools, which as far as we could tell had no capacity limits. The second day we cancelled our AK morning so we could arrive at the pool soon after it opens at 10:00. I'm not sure when it reached capacity but probably around Noon and stayed full til maybe 3:00. All lounge chairs were taken by 11:00. When they reach capacity, they locked all gates except the main gate. I'm not sure how they determined their capacity but pool itself was never crowded.
Playground remains closed. Snack bar line can be very long at lunch but moved fairly quickly (15 minute wait to order and another 10 minutes for food; approximately).
One evening we ate at the Mercado counter service option. Chicken strips and fries. Ate it outside by the lake. They were surprisingly good, considered they were packaged and kept warm on the shelf. Dining options were limited there.
Hope this helps.
Also: our room in Ranchos was great (roomy, clean) though lacking in Disney vibes. Easy to get additional coffee pods, which we needed extra twice during the week. Staff were all friendly.

The Dig pool reached capacity the last 2 full days of our trip when temps reached 80s. (Mar 24-25). The first day there was a quoted 2 hour wait list. Guests could use the quiet pools, which as far as we could tell had no capacity limits. The second day we cancelled our AK morning so we could arrive at the pool soon after it opens at 10:00. I'm not sure when it reached capacity but probably around Noon and stayed full til maybe 3:00. All lounge chairs were taken by 11:00. When they reach capacity, they locked all gates except the main gate. I'm not sure how they determined their capacity but pool itself was never crowded.
Playground remains closed. Snack bar line can be very long at lunch but moved fairly quickly (15 minute wait to order and another 10 minutes for food; approximately).
One evening we ate at the Mercado counter service option. Chicken strips and fries. Ate it outside by the lake. They were surprisingly good, considered they were packaged and kept warm on the shelf. Dining options were limited there.
Hope this helps.
Also: our room in Ranchos was great (roomy, clean) though lacking in Disney vibes. Easy to get additional coffee pods, which we needed extra twice during the week. Staff were all friendly.

Really appreciate the on the ground report! Thank you!

Thanks for the post, thinking of booking here for a June trip.

How was the Bus transportation? One other area I've seen some things that concern me is about the food (long lines by the pool, Rix's, etc). This is going to be a 5 day but 1 day park trip (lots of hotel time vs nonstop park time) and just want to make sure to plan some things to do around the resort.

You mention the lacking "Disney vibes"... Booking this knowing it's not Grand Floridian but in terms of a "resort feel" how was the general atmosphere you encountered?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the post, thinking of booking here for a June trip.

How was the Bus transportation? One other area I've seen some things that concern me is about the food (long lines by the pool, Rix's, etc). This is going to be a 5 day but 1 day park trip (lots of hotel time vs nonstop park time) and just want to make sure to plan some things to do around the resort.

You mention the lacking "Disney vibes"... Booking this knowing it's not Grand Floridian but in terms of a "resort feel" how was the general atmosphere you encountered?
We didn’t use the bus transportation after seeing complaints from the week before we arrived. We only saw one bus the first few days we arrived but saw lots of buses the last few days.
CSR was nice. Reminded me of a nice Marriot. Only Disney reference was two pics of the three caballeros in room. I personally prefer a little more Disney. We’ve never stayed in the deluxe Disney resorts but I feel the other value and moderate resorts we’ve stayed at had more Disney feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter